• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

clothes pins and toaster?

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hello: Two things, just checking the packing list on deb wills site, and I saw clothes pins. Are there clothes lines in the bathtub area's of the wdw hotels, we are going to akl and poly?

Also it mentioned a toaster, what are people making in the toaster, besides toast. lol Thanks,

Deb.

Hey Deb, you are supposed to toast the clothes pins. LOL!

At CBR last year there was a "pull out and hook" clothes line in the shower. Your little swimmers will appreciate that a lot! I looked over my packing list from Deb Wills site last night and read the same thing you did about the toaster. I guess if you have room?!?!? I am bringing 12 clothes pins just in case I need them, who knows I might make a clothes line with dd's skipping rope! LOL!

My cousin emailed me yesterday with a story of his recent 59 days trip to Florida! He bought 7 day hopper passes and LEFT THEM AT HOME in Cornwall, Ontario and drove to Florida! His son had to mail them ~ so it all turned out fine (as it always does!).

HAVE A BLAST! Sandra

Hi Sandra:

Wow, 59 day trip to florida, wouldn't that be nice.

I am going to look for some clothes pegs, we like eggo waffles, but I can't figure out how to keep them frozen. The last time I was down there, I was wishing I had a toaster, because home grown tomatoes were not here, but in florida there were beautiful looking tomatoes, and it made me think about a toast and tomatoe sandwich, if I had a toaster in my room and a sharp knife. lol.

Have a great trip sandra. Wow look at this weather.

Deb.

We always have to take a toaster because we are big Pop-Tart fans! :D We also like to toast bagels too.

In answer the the Eggo problem.....I have always kept my eggos in the fridge (they take to much room in the freezer) and never had a problem, they always tasted great. Funny thing about the clothespin....just back from BWV so I had a washer/dryer, but I ALWAYS take clothes pins on me everywhere cuz I use them to close up crackers, chips,,,cookie bags,,,,cereal.....etc....Trained my kids early to "fold once, fold twice,,and clip with the clothespins".

I started this when I moved to Florida and got tired of throwing out soggy crackers, chips, etc. :)

Mae

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Better than a toaster to take & just a little larger is a toaster oven. This way you can make frozen pizzas or even toasted cheese sandwiches. Worked great for us.

Also, just used one of the best tips I got off of this board a few weeks ago while we were there. Bought an inexpensive plastic over-the-door shoe holder. Used it for toilettries, etc. (sunscreen, hairbrushes). It was an awesome tip because then all those things weren't cluttering the vanity area, which is never big enough when you are in a hotel room no matter how many people are in the room.

Thank you to whoever had posted this tip originally. The shoe bag is already in the suitcase for next trip.

We always buy a cheap toaster for home, and bring our old one to WDW with us. We make bagels, pop-tarts, waffles. Then we leave the toaster there in the room for the next family.

We have stayed in Disney hotels where the pull out line in the shower was broken. I carry a line with me, it is a stretch, braided elastic that has two small hooks on the ends. I bought it in a travel accessories section. The braiding allows tucking the corners of garments into the strands. Takes up less room than a line and clothespins.

Carla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter