Closing Time!

This is moving pretty fast. just got our closing documents and ROFR passed yesterday. I'm looking at wire vs using Zelle. Anyone have any bad experiences with either? Does either one have better consumer protections if something happens?

This is moving pretty fast. just got our closing documents and ROFR passed yesterday. I'm looking at wire vs using Zelle. Anyone have any bad experiences with either? Does either one have better consumer protections if something happens?
Our title company wouldn't accept Zelle. We wired funds from home online using our bank and it was simple and easy.

Home Resort: BRV
Broker: https://www.****************.com/
Title Company: https://www.dvcclosings.com/
Offer made: 4/2
Offer accepted: 4/2
Sent to ROFR: 4/3
Passed ROFR: 4/22
Closing docs received: 4/24
Closing docs returned (buyer): 4/24
Funds Wired: 5/6
Closing docs returned (seller): 5/8
Closing: 5/9
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Getting so close!

Home Resort: CCV
Broker: www.fidelity.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 3/12
Offer accepted: 3/16
Sent to ROFR: 3/19
Passed ROFR: 4/10
Closing docs received: 4/16
Closing docs returned (buyer): 4/17
Closing docs returned (seller): ⏳
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total: infinity

I’m on the slow track…

Awesome!! You're almost there!!

Yes, I got the points loaded via chat the next day after my account was active. Only to find out my dates for December are not available anymore!! LOL. Still super excited to be officially DVC Members! Can't wait for our first stay!

Maybe I'll get lucky with the waitlist.
Good for you! Got my points loaded today so we are all set. Its so nice having extra points from a loaded contract. Now I have the fun of figuring out what to spend them on 😂

GL on your waitlist. I have one on BCV that I am still hoping comes through. I just need one more night…

UPDATE

Home Resort: CCV
Offer made: March 31, 2024
Offer accepted: April 2, 2024
Sent to ROFR: April 4, 2204
Passed ROFR: April 23, 2024
Closing docs received: April 26, 2024
Closing docs returned: April 26, 2024 (buyer), May 3, 2024 (seller 1), May 8, 2024 (seller 2)
Closing: May 9, 2024
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total: 39 days (so far)

Closed and got my Welcome home email, does anyone have a realistic timeline for how quickly your points populate?

Thanks!
My first one took a week, but a lot of people have been able to get them to load sooner—within a day or two—with a chat or call to MS, and they can load that quickly on their own in some cases.

Last edited:
My first one took a week, but a lot of people have been able to get them to load sooner—within a day or two—with a chat or call to MS, and they can load that quickly on their own in some cases.
I took the advice of someone here about chatting on line and sure enough was loaded in thirty minutes. This site is such a great resource for buyers and would be buyers of DVC.

I took the advice of someone here about chatting on line and sure enough was loaded in thirty minutes. This site is such a great resource for buyers and would be buyers of DVC.
Very nice. I think I'll try that myself next time, as I've got something I'll want to book quickly with that contract. And I agree, this site is a gold mine. I doubt there's anything to do with DVC that someone here hasn't figured out.

Anyone know the average timeframe from the deed being recorded to "welcome home" email/contract showing on membership? It looks like about a week but thought I'd ask. My deed was recorded on 5/7 so you know checking my email every 10 seconds

Do existing members get an email from Disney after the deed is recorded? I didn't get one last time.

I actually don't seem to get any emails from DVC/Disney even though I set my preferences for the newsletters and stuff. My husband has to forward them all to me.

Do existing members get an email from Disney after the deed is recorded? I didn't get one last time.

I actually don't seem to get any emails from DVC/Disney even though I set my preferences for the newsletters and stuff. My husband has to forward them all to me.
I did for my first two, not for the last...so just kept checking obsessively until the points finally arrived.

Anyone know the average timeframe from the deed being recorded to "welcome home" email/contract showing on membership? It looks like about a week but thought I'd ask. My deed was recorded on 5/7 so you know checking my email every 10 seconds
My deed was recorded 5/3 and I just looked and the new contract is showing up today, 5/11 so it was 8 days for me, and I didn't get a "Welcome Home' email yet (I've been checking obsessively too). Different resort and different UY. I will try to use chat on Monday to see if they will load the points.

Home Resort: BRV
Offer made: 4/2
Offer accepted: 4/2
Closing docs received: 4/24
Closing docs returned (buyer): 4/24
Funds Wired: 5/6
Closing docs returned (seller): 5/8
Closing: 5/9
Deed recorded: 5/9
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Home Resort: AKV
Broker: www.****************.com
Title Company: dvcclosings.com
Offer made: 4/1
Offer accepted: 4/1
Closing docs received: 4/23
Closing docs returned (buyer): 4/23
Closing: 5/3
Deed recorded: 5/3
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 5/11
Points in account: 5/12 (through chat)

Days Total: 42

Last edited:
When I look at my account, it shows that I have 2 contracts - one for VGC and one for BRV. My new contract is also BRV with the same use year. Will it show up as a 3rd contract when I click on my profile on the DVC site?

When I look at my account, it shows that I have 2 contracts - one for VGC and one for BRV. My new contract is also BRV with the same use year. Will it show up as a 3rd contract when I click on my profile on the DVC site?
Yes, exactly. It’s a still a different contract even if 2 are the same resort and UY. When you go to book stays you’ll be able to use them at the same time but it’ll still show as 2 different contracts:)

Okay, cool. Glad to hear that so I'll know when it finally shows up! I'm going to be checking every day this week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter