*CLOSED*MOVED*Disboutiquers Part 11 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got back from a whirlwind day ! Not one custom did I see! Unbelievable to me. Lots of girls in princess dresses though.

I have to take the baby to get her 2 year old shots today. :( But the upside is that I'll be on the side of town where there is a Joanns and I can go see if they still have some dot fabric left. :) I bought some a few weeks ago but I can always use more! Does anyone know if they have the lime green dots? I've never seen any. Dunno if there is any or not. I've got pink, orange, and red currently in my stash.

Wow you ladies were chatty last night!!! 3 pages!!!

So I'm a bad mommy. I didn't even know that they would make 5 point harness seat belts that would fit a 5 year old!!! I never looked into it because I don't think I know a single person with one...and you guys all seem to have them...so weird. (which btw is REALLY bad since I'm a child protective worker). Aisling has been in a high back booster (with the harness straps taken out) since she was 4. Up until this fall, in MA you didn't need to use a car seat AT ALL for a 4 year old so my inlaws get SOOOO mad when I insist they use her car seat in general. At least now I have the LAW to back me up. We now need to be in boosters until you are 4'8.
Our state law says that once the child is 6 years old and 60 pounds they don't have to be in car seat or a booster, but when I look at Jen in the back seat she just looks too little not to be in a car seat.

teresa,
thanks for answering my ? about do I make the Southern Belle dress of just dress her up. Nikki is so go with the flow she doesn't care. I just don't want her to be the only one dressing up. She doesn't care if she is the only one decked out either way remember this s the girl who wears her petti skirts to Walmart and would wear a Tiara all day if i let her! :lmao: She would also never think to ask me to actually make her something she just isn't like that. She NEVER asks for anything! when my sil took her to Toys R us to pick out stuff for Christmas the only thing she picked out was a book!
My thought on it is if i go through all the trouble will she wear it only once? I figured I could make on of carla's Peasant dresses but fancy with a big sash on the back and maybe some rick rac on it. Or save me the trouble ad she can wear a Petti skirt. UGh what to do what to do!!!!!

Any other suggestions???? I am torn!!!
I wouldn't go too far out in making her something period. Maybe you could do something that sort of looks period. That way Nikki won't stand out too much.

Raglan pattern question. I'm on the fence about getting it. I just got the bowling shirt one last week. DH is gonna have kittens if I buy fabric and another pattern today! LOL Anyway, is the pattern really difficult? I've only tried knits once and I stretched it out and it got all wonky. I'm sure that since it's one of carlas patterns it will rock like all her other ones. I just need some reassurance that I won't destroy my fabric. LOL

Jessica, my quote didn't come over but I love the Pooh skirt.

Thanks for letting me know it was Jeanne who did the storm trooper shirt. I know she is away so I will wait to ask if I can CASE the entire design.

I was thinking of people I have not seen here in a time: LisaZoe, T-Beri, Linnette. I miss our friends.

Raglan pattern question. I'm on the fence about getting it. I just got the bowling shirt one last week. DH is gonna have kittens if I buy fabric and another pattern today! LOL Anyway, is the pattern really difficult? I've only tried knits once and I stretched it out and it got all wonky. I'm sure that since it's one of carlas patterns it will rock like all her other ones. I just need some reassurance that I won't destroy my fabric. LOL

Well, I just did my first one this weekend. I made it in fleece with the hood. I think one of the secrets to knits is not to pull and tug on it while it is going thru the machine. Just let the machine do the work. When you attach the sleeves to the bodice the pieces to be joined are the exact same length, so no stretching required.

I was nervous about doing the neckband, but had done a hood on some simple ponchos, so that is what I did, but I think if you go with the neckband the secret is lots of pins.

Same with my dd, she is 9 1/2 and still in a booster seat. I don't think any of her friends are still in car seats at all. She complains occassionally, so I had her sit in the car without the booster and buckle up and showed her how the seat belt didn't hit her in the right spots. She too, will be in booster until she is 18........

Emily
I will tell Nikki she isn't alone!!!!

It is so EASY! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have made knit shirt and fleece shirt with and with out hoods. I made pj's for my niece and short sleeved shirts for my nephew! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc
IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_4716.jpg

I messed up on this one oh well
IMG_4711.jpg

IMG_4709.jpg

IMG_4658.jpg

ARe you sold yet?

ok maybe my work might convince you you don't need it!!

Page 4, but I'm here. That is unless 3 more pages have been posted while I type. :rotfl2:

My resolution is to get better with quoting instead of reading and commenting to myself this time around.

Family shirts for nick's wish trip.

IMG_2263.jpg

Hey Teresa I can not get to the tinytreasures page on the give board. When I click on the link under current gives it goes to a blank page. I got to it from your link on the old disboutique thread??????

Tracie

You moved us to Florida?? I love it, but I don't have a green card to live in the US!! But since it's going to be -25F tomorrow, I'll live illegally here on this thread!! :rotfl2:

I'm another Britax recommender! We actually use US Regents (they don't sell them here in Canada) My kids are really tall, and we take lots of road trips (three to WDW in the last two years!) So we're going to keep them in 5-point harnesses until the outgrow the Regent. I actually have to order a new one for DD (in pink of course!) and ship it to DH next week when he's in San Diego.

Okay, gotta reapply the sunblock since we're living in Florida now!

Stephanie

Are you going to post pics of the Daisy Duck dresses? Pretty please.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I have to admit we took DD out of the infant seat at about 5 months. She went into a rear-facing Britax and we were all so much happier. She HATED the infant seat and would wail the entire time she was in it.

I couldn't stand the infant carrier carseat! Dallas was out by the time he was 3 months old! Too bulky and heavy! I prefer the regular convertible rear facing any day.

We just got back from a whirlwind day ! Not one custom did I see! Unbelievable to me. Lots of girls in princess dresses though.

Whoo hoo! Glad to see you are back! Pictures! Pictures!

th_IMG_2263.jpg

th_IMG_2266.jpg

Hey Teresa I can not get to the tinytreasures page on the give board. When I click on the link under current gives it goes to a blank page. I got to it from your link on the old disboutique thread??????

Tracie

These are my favorite yet I think! I'll go and check the board, sounds like something odd happened. Jham complained of the same thing!

You moved us to Florida?? I love it, but I don't have a green card to live in the US!! But since it's going to be -25F tomorrow, I'll live illegally here on this thread!! :rotfl2:

I'm another Britax recommender! We actually use US Regents (they don't sell them here in Canada) My kids are really tall, and we take lots of road trips (three to WDW in the last two years!) So we're going to keep them in 5-point harnesses until the outgrow the Regent. I actually have to order a new one for DD (in pink of course!) and ship it to DH next week when he's in San Diego.

Okay, gotta reapply the sunblock since we're living in Florida now!

Stephanie

Definately don't forget the sunscreen!

Minnie2, I would not make anything period for Nikki, mainly because I think that it won't get worn but maybe that one time.

:scared1: To no 5 point harness for Aisling! My mom is the same way about carseats to a degree. She put Dallas in one once and couldn't get the bottom one side buckled so they just left it! :scared1: What the heck! He might as well not been in a carseat then! We had a LONG discussion about it and I told Dallas to NEVER let them move the car if he wasn't buckled. Carry on and pitch a fit! He'll freak out as it is if you put it in drive and he hasn't buckled everything! Of course, it drives me nuts DH just lets him buckle up himself. I can do it 10x faster!

I will tell Nikki she isn't alone!!!!

It is so EASY! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have made knit shirt and fleece shirt with and with out hoods. I made pj's for my niece and short sleeved shirts for my nephew! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc
th_IMG_0695.jpg

th_IMG_0366.jpg

th_IMG_0009.jpg

th_IMG_4716.jpg

I messed up on this one oh well
th_IMG_4711.jpg

th_IMG_4709.jpg

th_IMG_4658.jpg

ARe you sold yet?

ok maybe my work might convince you you don't need it!!

They're adorable! I really like the first one. Now to find a way to get it without DH noticing!!! LOL :lmao:

th_IMG_2263.jpg

I love these! They're iron ons right? Do you have any tips or tricks that you'd recommend for them? I did one iron on a long time ago and it was a disaster when I washed it. :eek: It all came off. I've been scared to do iron ons ever since.

Wow you ladies were chatty last night!!! 3 pages!!!

So I'm a bad mommy. I didn't even know that they would make 5 point harness seat belts that would fit a 5 year old!!! I never looked into it because I don't think I know a single person with one...and you guys all seem to have them...so weird. (which btw is REALLY bad since I'm a child protective worker). Aisling has been in a high back booster (with the harness straps taken out) since she was 4. Up until this fall, in MA you didn't need to use a car seat AT ALL for a 4 year old so my inlaws get SOOOO mad when I insist they use her car seat in general. At least now I have the LAW to back me up. We now need to be in boosters until you are 4'8.

I'm a bad mommy too. My VERY large 5 year old (she is often mistaken for 6 or even 7, she wears size 7) is in a high back booster seat. Funny thing, around here I can drive through three states in one day and all three states have VERY different laws about car seats. I was apparently legal in two of the three, but illegal in Maine when she was 3 (she was big enough for the booster, but in Maine regardless of size, you have to be 4).

I love when older generations say, "We didn't use car seats, so what's the problem?". Umm, more kids were often fatally injured, too. Is that what you want for your grandkids? AND, DH cannot understand that you have to tighten the car seat belt. He thinks if he buckles it that is good enough. :confused:

It really is a great pattern. And it includes the doll pattern too. I have used it several times with no problems whatsoever.

I love the fleece hoodies!

Another good thing about it is there are directions on how to turn adult t-shirts into shirts for kids. I *probably* could have figured it out, but it's nice that Carla included them. I had a t-shirt that had a hole in the bottom and instead of throwing it away I made this:

IMG_0895.jpg

So you could start with some old t-shirts for practice and then work up to what you buy. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter