(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked to Disney yesterday and they said they are showing that the hot tub re-opened on Wednesday. Is that true? She didn't sound totally believable. Can someone report on the hot tub? We are thinking of switching resorts if it's not open by Sunday

I talked to Disney yesterday and they said they are showing that the hot tub re-opened on Wednesday. Is that true? She didn't sound totally believable. Can someone report on the hot tub? We are thinking of switching resorts if it's not open by Sunday
as of 30 minutes ago, it's still closed, one of them looks like it could be open (it's not) and the other one is empty.

A1FCA63D-8B7D-4154-B6D7-5A47ABAEB8DC_zps82lnfq6u.jpg

Who did you call? If you called the published phone number that is not anyone at the Resort. They aren't even in Orlando.

As I look at the temps for the coming week I can't even see us getting in the hot tub. 60's is to cold for me, even in a hot tub. I need the 70's to get wet.

No, not true. The two hot tubs at the main pool are closed. There is a hot tub at the villas pool that is open.

Can anyone who is at WL or VWL now confirm something for me?? We'll be arriving on the 14th of this month and we want to know if the grill is still behind the bicycle rental builiding. There was a grill back behind that building and the last time we were there it had been sent away to be repaired. We had to grill at Fort Wilderness which was a little inconvenient.

So if anyone is there now and could possibly inquire about the existence of a grill or actually look and see if there is one, we would be most appreciative! :):goodvibes:):goodvibes:)

Has anyone determined what the scaffolding assembled at the back of the lobby is for? Are they painting? Replacing parts? Any clues?

Thanks so much for any input!

:santa:

Has anyone determined what the scaffolding assembled at the back of the lobby is for? Are they painting? Replacing parts? Any clues?

Thanks so much for any input!

:santa:

When we walked past some of the scaffolding (in August) that was up around on the right side of the lodge rooms going out the walkway from the lodge to the villas area I asked a CM what it was for .
He told me that they were checking and sealing up all the upper areas of the roof line, eve's and "attic" areas to prevent any critters from entering those spaces, and taking up residence.

Not sure if its true, but thats what we were told about the scaffolding.

When we walked past some of the scaffolding (in August) that was up around on the right side of the lodge rooms going out the walkway from the lodge to the villas area I asked a CM what it was for . He told me that they were checking and sealing up all the upper areas of the roof line, eve's and "attic" areas to prevent any critters from entering those spaces, and taking up residence. Not sure if its true, but thats what we were told about the scaffolding.
When we were there in April/May they had the scaffolding up at the end of the North End towards the boat dock.
When we made a quick visit in October we saw it on the South End. Now it's in the middle. Looks and sounds like the above is correct. Preventative maintenance.

Hi everyone. We are headed to Wilderness Lodge next week! I was thinking about putting in a room request but never have before. I don't want to break protocol when asking and not too sure what to ask for. We are in a woods view room. We would love the chance to see MK from our room. Should I request that specifically or be more general like a high floor room etc etc? I'm lost. Any suggestions would be so appreciated.

Happy Holidays!

Hi everyone. We are headed to Wilderness Lodge next week! I was thinking about putting in a room request but never have before. I don't want to break protocol when asking and not too sure what to ask for. We are in a woods view room. We would love the chance to see MK from our room. Should I request that specifically or be more general like a high floor room etc etc? I'm lost. Any suggestions would be so appreciated.

Happy Holidays!

I've had one of those rooms (on a high floor on the north side of WL), but I will say that in my experience what little we could see of MK was in gaps between trees that were much higher than our view of MK. We could see some of the Wishes fireworks over the tops of the trees, but could only see part of the Astro Orbiter ride. In addition to that we also had a view of part of the "Smokehouse" and a service road. Another time we had a woods view we viewed just woods over by the Villas. That was a much better view, IMO.

When we walked past some of the scaffolding (in August) that was up around on the right side of the lodge rooms going out the walkway from the lodge to the villas area I asked a CM what it was for .
He told me that they were checking and sealing up all the upper areas of the roof line, eve's and "attic" areas to prevent any critters from entering those spaces, and taking up residence.

Not sure if its true, but thats what we were told about the scaffolding.
Thanks for the scaffolding info! That all makes sense. I wonder how long they'll keep that scaffolding up; I'm coming December 15th!

3AB0061D-8350-42AB-8838-D4A1E03E5E7F_zpscrwfxq4l.jpg

This morning ... Pool is open again ...

4CC1D4D4-7537-43CE-9A84-BAB7352C912B_zpsvvr6kvtl.jpg

The fence from this point of view, relaxing in the pool enjoying the beautiful waterfall while looking at the magnificent Lodge looks so very lovely.... :worried::rolleyes2:crazy2::worried:

Very poorly done, IMHO.:sad2:

Just called WL and spoke to a CM who said the feature pool's hot tub is open and that the splash pad is the only thing not open….

Was just wondering from those who are there now if that's true or not lol…

Thanks!!

Yeah when I talk to Disney they say everything is fine but people are clearly saying the hot tubs are not open. I wish I could get a straight answer on the hot tubs. Just talked to Disney again and she said they are definitely open. That the only construction whatsoever is a kiddie splash pad. This is so stressful. She said that the hot tubs are only open certain hours so maybe that is the confusion???? Maybe people are checking too early before they are open?

Whenever you call Disney, you are not talking to CMs at the resort, you are talking to Call Center representatives.
They may have been told the hot tubs are open, or that the Villas hot tub is open (which the Villas hot tub is) as the Call Center CMs may have been told that.

Your best information is going to be from folks who are there right now giving us live updates. I am sure when they tell us the hot tubs are open we will know.

Someone has already said they are pretty tight lipped on giving any sort of definite opening dates for the hot tubs or splash pad.

Yeah when I talk to Disney they say everything is fine but people are clearly saying the hot tubs are not open. I wish I could get a straight answer on the hot tubs. Just talked to Disney again and she said they are definitely open. That the only construction whatsoever is a kiddie splash pad. This is so stressful. She said that the hot tubs are only open certain hours so maybe that is the confusion???? Maybe people are checking too early before they are open?

Hi! Welcome to the DIS. As you spend more time planning trips to WDW you will find that the CMs on the phone are almost always NOT located at the Resort and will frequently give out-dated or flat-out incorrect information.

The posts you are reading here are from experienced WDW travelers who are posting LIVE from the WL itself, with the photos to prove it.

In past, the hot tubs may have had posted hours, but I never found them to be enforced. Now that there is a fence, one can imagine that the hot tub hours may be enforced in the future, but that's almost surely not the reason we are seeing photos of a closed hot tub during daylight hours while people are swimming in the adjacent pool.

Short answer is that I would trust your fellow WDW travelers, especially on this one.

Decided to take a drive and
Check out the hot tub situation. The one closest to the pool is filled and the one beside it looks almost full neither are open. You now have to
Go outside the gate to get to them Not sure if that will be the case when the spalsh pad opens or not. The sp looks weeks away from being done. I'd be shocked if it were open before Christmas. Going to talk to front desk cms when I'm done. I called the resort directly earlier and was also told the sp was not open but hot tubs were. I also have continuing reservation questions as well unrelated lol.

Decided to take a drive and
Check out the hot tub situation. The one closest to the pool is filled and the one beside it looks almost full neither are open. You now have to
Go outside the gate to get to them Not sure if that will be the case when the spalsh pad opens or not. The sp looks weeks away from being done. I'd be shocked if it were open before Christmas. Going to talk to front desk cms when I'm done. I called the resort directly earlier and was also told the sp was not open but hot tubs were. I also have continuing reservation questions as well unrelated lol.

Thank you for the update. Does the place have a construction feel to it or is it all pretty well hidden?

I've posted before as I have stayed at this resort four times to year in January, May, July, and October and scaffolding has been up for ongoing preventative maintenance each trip. I don't even notice the scaffolding and does not take away from the resort.

Pool and such was in refurb in October and that was quite noticeable but if most of that has been completed I suspect scenery and ambiance will not be affected.

If your going for hot tubs and splash pads I can't comment on this because appears they are close but receiving differing info from disney

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter