(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this lodgers log I am seeing mentioned? Assuming it's to show who is going when. Is this correct? If so where is it located on this thread. Thanks

The Lodger's Log is located on Post 2 of this thread :)
And you assumed correctly, it lists who is going to be there and when.

We are have a standard CL room. It's a surprise for DH 40th birthday. I know he would be disappointed if we weren't on the same floor as the lounge. Do you know of any good rooms?
Thanks again for getting back so quickly! Getting very excited 77 days. :)

What a great surprise! All of the non-suite and non-Deluxe CL rooms at WL are called "Standard CL Rooms." All of the suites and non-Deluxe rooms are on the 7th floor where the lounge is located. All of the rooms are identical inside. There are Woods View rooms that face toward VWL in the South Wing and rooms that face toward the MK and CR in the North Wing. Some of those North Wing Woods View rooms have a partial Wishes view. There are also WL Courtyard View rooms that face the pool, geyser and Bay Lake. You can email the IPO, located at the Poly, and they will add your request to your reservation.

This is from the CL chapter of the thread:

The Old Faithful Club at Disney's Wilderness Lodge has a high CM-to-Guest ratio. There are only 44 Standard Club Level rooms, 4 Honeymoon Suites and two other suites on the 7th floor and 25 Deluxe rooms on floors 1-6. All 7th floor rooms have balconies with solid railings (dormer balconies). Rooms with one queen bed and one set of twin bunks are available by-request only, but can't be guaranteed.

What is this lodgers log I am seeing mentioned? Assuming it's to show who is going when. Is this correct? If so where is it located on this thread.
Thanks
If you post your dates, I'll add you. There is also a hyperlinked thread chapter guide in POST 1.

Hi All
We missed out on getting the wilderness villa this year at thanksgiving so I thought now that the 2015 room rates were released I would go ahead and get a jump on it. But No villa property is showing availabtility for that week. I know every room in every villa property is not sold out, is it a hold for "owners"? Any idea when it gets released:confused3
Thanks so much!
No, they aren't sold-out, just not up yet for the general public. They are usually posted on the booking site about 10 months out, but I may be off some.

The Lodger's Log is located on Post 2 of this thread :)
And you assumed correctly, it lists who is going to be there and when.
:thumbsup2

I just realized I am not on the log!

10/30-11/2 Celebrating our 15 years of WDW family vacations!

Greetings from the Wilderness Lodge! I have been here with my boyfriend since Saturday. We are having a great time. It's been SO rainy here that I'm not super upset about a pool closure. We asked for Blizzard Beach tickets at the front desk when we got here and they said no prob, and added them to our tickets linked to the magicbands. After logging into my account online, it says I can choose Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach and pick the day I want to go.

Although it looks really crazy, construction really isn't a huge deal for me. I think they start a bit before 9 a.m., and I hear a light drilling from my Woods View room. It wasn't that disturbing though, and we've been out of the hotel for most of our stay (today being our mid week rest day). We have a great view that faces Bay Lake and can hear boats honking til the later hours of the evening. We ate at Whispering Canyon Cafe twice so far, and had breakfast at Trails End which was delicious!

The beach was a bit sad looking though, because half of it has been closed off to construction. Today we rented a Sea Raycer boat today and drove past Magic Kingdom!

We really love it here! :wave2:

are they predicting that the pool will be finished on time? We were praying it would be done early but its too hard to tell via the pictures.

What a great surprise! All of the non-suite and non-Deluxe CL rooms at WL are called "Standard CL Rooms." All of the suites and non-Deluxe rooms are on the 7th floor where the lounge is located. All of the rooms are identical inside. There are Woods View rooms that face toward VWL in the South Wing and rooms that face toward the MK and CR in the North Wing. Some of those North Wing Woods View rooms have a partial Wishes view. There are also WL Courtyard View rooms that face the pool, geyser and Bay Lake. You can email the IPO, located at the Poly, and they will add your request to your reservation. This is from the CL chapter of the thread: The Old Faithful Club at Disney's Wilderness Lodge has a high CM-to-Guest ratio. There are only 44 Standard Club Level rooms, 4 Honeymoon Suites and two other suites on the 7th floor and 25 Deluxe rooms on floors 1-6. All 7th floor rooms have balconies with solid railings (dormer balconies). Rooms with one queen bed and one set of twin bunks are available by-request only, but can't be guaranteed. If you post your dates, I'll add you. There is also a hyperlinked thread chapter guide in POST 1. No, they aren't sold-out, just not up yet for the general public. They are usually posted on the booking site about 10 months out, but I may be off some. :thumbsup2

Thank you so very much for answering all of my crazy questions. Your doing a great job at this whole thing I am sure it's not an easy task!
Here are the dates we are going. 12/12-12/20- WL CL-DH 40th birthday-first time at WL.

The beach was a bit sad looking though, because half of it has been closed off to construction. Today we rented a Sea Raycer boat today and drove past Magic Kingdom!

We really love it here! :wave2:

I took a picture of the beach. It did look very sad. You can see what a stormy day it was.
47c512c2-9c11-4b21-aa12-197cc8891b46_zps5a538339.jpg

The marina boat dock was closed because of lightning. You can see the storm clouds off to the left.

f232b1b4-dea1-4656-8293-8c412307353b_zps2d4bdbab.jpg

We are planning to return in January 2015 with the same daughter and her family that we were with in February of 2013. But we haven't booked it yet. In three short weeks we will be at the WL with our other daughter and her family. It will be her first time at the WL. The WL is perfect for families with young kids. :)

Question: how do you "get" the Blizzard Beach tickets?

Do they offer it to you? Do you ask for them? Do you have to beg for it?

:confused3

Hi All
We missed out on getting the wilderness villa this year at thanksgiving so I thought now that the 2015 room rates were released I would go ahead and get a jump on it. But No villa property is showing availabtility for that week. I know every room in every villa property is not sold out, is it a hold for "owners"? Any idea when it gets released:confused3
Thanks so much!

Members can't book at the resorts they own at until 11 months out. So you won't see anything until after that. Also, since VWL is a smaller DVC resort and is sold out to members, you might need to hope that some members have traded their points for a non-DVC stay. Otherwise, nothing will be available.

So sad to see where off the Lodgers Log :( :sad:

We had such a wonderful trip. Our next visit is WDW Marathon related so proximity to Epcot is overriding our resort decision. We will be back WL......:thumbsup2

Doug :goofy:

You know that you have to ride the bus to the start from any of the BW resort, right? Epcot isn't open until after 9AM so you can't walk to the start and you need park admission to walk back to the BW.

Super excited to be going back to WL *next week*!!! We're doing a split stay with Universal and ending on a high note at DW. pixiedust: Question... we had the perfect North Wing CV room (6165) our first stay. We'll be in a Woods View this time. I'd love to be on a higher floor and was hoping someone might share if they have a preference for North or South Wing? Should I still call and follow up with a fax request?

Members can't book at the resorts they own at until 11 months out. So you won't see anything until after that. Also, since VWL is a smaller DVC resort and is sold out to members, you might need to hope that some members have traded their points for a non-DVC stay. Otherwise, nothing will be available.

This isn't quite true, Disney keeps 2-3% ownership of each DVC resort for themselves for cash rentals, so there should always be some amount of rooms available direct from Disney, even if no owners trade out for something else.

This isn't quite true, Disney keeps 2-3% ownership of each DVC resort for themselves for cash rentals, so there should always be some amount of rooms available direct from Disney, even if no owners trade out for something else.

The 2-3% is kept for maintenance, not for cash rentals.

Question... we had the perfect North Wing CV room (6165) our first stay. We'll be in a Woods View this time. I'd love to be on a higher floor and was hoping someone might share if they have a preference for North or South Wing? Should I still call and follow up with a fax request?

Room 6165 is in the South wing. :confused:

We've had a woods view room in the north wing facing the Contemporary. It had a partial view of Wishes. Our daughter had room 6010 and it had a perfect view of Wishes and the castle. She is going to request that room when they return in January. :)

We have also had a woods view room in the south wing. It was close to the lobby and it faced the villas. We liked this room because of how close it was to the lobby and buses. But we missed not being able to see the fireworks.

I don't think the WL takes fax requests. We just call in our room request to resort reservations.

Hello Kook and the other wonderful fans of the WL! Remember me? The good news: we've decided (sort of last minute) to go back to WDW in December. The bad news? We can't stay at our beloved Lodge. :worried: Thanks to one of my oldest and dearest friends, who is a CM, we are getting a great discount, but it's at AKL. I'm sure it will be wonderful, but after spending the past two Decembers in the Lodge, well... it's really hard to beat. I'll be lurking here, especially in November when the Christmas decorations go up and people start posting photos. In the meantime, maybe the construction will take longer than expected and it'll turn out that I'll be glad not to be there! (Fat chance... love the Lodge no matter what!)

Room 6165 is in the South wing. :confused:

Yes, yes, yes, SOUTH WING! I've had North Wing on the brain lately thinking we should request it this time. I so loved our *first* -- it's almost too much to bear thinking of moving to the other side. :lmao: Thanks so much for your help. This will be too short a trip -- MNSSHP and a day at MK -- so maybe we should request South just to be nearer the bus. I'm so darn happy to be going back!

We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge in January. We booked a Courtyard View bunk-bed room. Which would be better the Woods view or Courtyard view? We booked the Courtyard as it was less expensive than the other at the time, now it's switched again. Above was mentioned about seeing partial views of Wishes and the castle. Of course, we would like that. So, basically, where should I request a room?

Question: how do you "get" the Blizzard Beach tickets?

Do they offer it to you? Do you ask for them? Do you have to beg for it?

:confused3

They didn't offer them up front. It seems to be one of those things that are only offered if you ask. I think they should be complimentary and offered upon checkin though. It's only fair.

Boyfriend: "So the pool is closed right?"
CM: "yes the main pool is closed. You can use complimentary transportation to the pools at contemporary and fort wilderness. there's also a smaller pool by the villas"
Boyfriend: "Can we get water park passes because of the pool being closed?"
CM: "sure! we can do that."

it was super simple. My boyfriend is one of those people who have no shame in asking for things haha. I'm a little shy sometimes but since we both knew from Disboards that people were getting complimentary park passes because of the pool closure, we felt more confident asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter