CJK's journey BACK to the real me!!!! Comments welcomed and encouraged!!

Wow, CJK..great to "see" you again! Great idea to mix things up for 2009. I wish you all the best!

In a word..................OY!

New year, new me....that's the new objective! I think I've probably gained about 10lbs in the last few weeks between vacation and Christmas fesitivities. Not bad in the grand scheme of things, but definitely a sign that things aren't going very well. I've been feeling tired. Tired of the same old exercising routine, same old food routine and constant guilt if I end up off course. I've been back on course for 5 days now and plan to continue. It felt just terrible over Christmas not fitting into some of my dress pants (something I haven't really felt for 2yrs), so I've got to get a grip before it gets worse. I'm going to shake things up and try some new exercise activities and different food choices. I'm visiting family in Florida in February, so it would be nice to fit my clothes again.

I hope that by resurrecting this ole journal, I'll feel inspired and get back that passion that I used to have. I look forward to reading some of your journals again and see how you're all doing. Happy New Year! Here's to a healthy and happy 2009!

Look forward to following your journal.

great to ''see'' you again CJK :)
glad you are well & getting back on track!
Sounds like a good idea to mix up food & exercise :) looking forward to seeing you burn off those lb's again :)

CJK: I am glad to see you, we have missed you! You will nip those ten pounds in the bud, you know what you have to do and you have proved to yourself that you have the discipline to lose weight and this time will be no different. I am proud of you for doing this now, before it gets to be a big problem. Good for you!:hug:

Great to see you again, CJK!!

It sounds like you are off to a good start in 2009! Keep up the good work and those 10 pounds will be gone in no time!:thumbsup2

Hope you have a great Monday!:hug:

Christa - I found you!! You are such an awesome person that I know that you will be able to get those few pounds off that you want to loose. You know what to do and how to get it accomplished. I know you will beat your challenge.

On a side note, I can't thank you enough for coming over to the DFD thread and wishing us good luck on Marathon Weekend. It would have been great if you could have been there. Maybe next year?? That coule be part of your training goal for this year. To get prepped for the WDW Half. I am planing on being back and I know of a lot of other WISHers that will be there as well. Be a great way to put a face with a screen name. But I will stop pressing.

It really is great to hear from you again.
Bryan:cheer2:

Thanks everyone - for remembering me and for your encouraging words! :goodvibes It does feel good being back, even though I haven't had a lot of time yet. I'm on track and feeling good about it! I've been trying to get my hands on wii fit, but no luck yet. The stores sell out in hours after getting restocked. Do any of you have it? I used it at our neighbour's house last weekend and really enjoyed it. It would be great to own, so I could switch things up a bit.

Dh is addicted to P90X. Anyone have this exercise program? I don't do it myself, but I do run on the treadmill while he does the program. Talk about intense!!!! It's nice having an exercise partner, even if we are doing different things.

Bubba - I have often thought about doing the half in Disney. The problem is that we only get a few weeks of holiday time a year, and dh absolutely doesn't want to do a marathon during his precious vacation time. I'll work on him though. How did you do??? Congratulations!

Well, I'm having company tomorrow and the next day. I'm making healthy salads and entrees with an unhealthy cheesecake for dessert... ;) Is that terrible?? haha The good thing, is that I'm making one cheesecake for both dinners, and any leftovers will be sent home with my guests. I'll just make sure I have little slivers. I probably shouldn't have any......but.....this is probably my favourite cheesecake ever - chocolate caramel.

I've been exercising 45min. a day and eating very well 9 days in a row now. Even with all this company, I'm planning to stay on track. I can do this!! I haven't weighed myself yet, but I haven't really noticed any improvement in my clothes either. I'm still motivated though.

Have a great week everyone! I will get to everyone's journals this weekend hopefully.

Great job getting back on track. I think making healthy salads and entrees and a delicous cheesecake is very smart! I mean you get your veggies and other "good stuff" in but still get something decadent to share with company. Good balance in my book! I have heard of that exercise program your hubby is doing, it does sound intense! I think its great you and your husband are working out together. Keep up the good work!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter