CityMini double stroller or BOB double stroller?

hamiltji

Earning My Ears
Hi!

We are planning to rent a stroller from an offsite company and are trying to decide between the CityMini double or BOB double. We have a 5 year old who is sortof tall and a 2 year old who weigh a combined 75-80lbs.

We are staying onsite and planning to use the buses to get around, so it will need to travel with us on the bus.

We also want to be able to navigate the late September crowds easily and be easy to push.

I know this is a lot to ask for a stroller! We have never used either of these brands so I am wondering which one people thinks works better at the parks!

Thank you so much:)

I would advise against either. We made the mistake of bringing our single Bob and it was really difficult on the buses... Just too big. We took up too much room making it difficult for other guests to move around us and our giant stroller. Even on the monorail where you can keep your child in the stroller, we felt like we were hogging space. I'd encourage you to think about two umbrella strollers. It'll make getting on and off disney transportation so much easier!

I know the city mini seems big but I would say get the gt. Its nicer and doesn't take as much as you think when folded. (I have the single.) I would go against the umbrellas unless they have a nice shade and recline because kids will need a place to really lay down!

Does your 2yo still use a baby carrier at all? When our DD was 2, she could still ride in the Ergo. We brought a single umbrella stroller, but wore her in the Ergo on the buses and sometimes in the parks. On our Sept trip, DD1 will be 5 and DD2 16-months. We're planning to rent a single City Mini and bring our carrier. That way if the 5yo needs a break to ride in the stroller, the baby can go in the carrier. (We have a single City Mini at home and love it; it's very easy to fold and steers easily even one-handed. I've never used a BOB so can't comment on those.)

City Mini Double Gt! I have personally never used the BOB but have friends who have and hate t for navigation. They strictly use it for running.
I rented a city mini single go for our trip in sept.

The city mini was great for us when we rented. We used the city mini double. I would advise against the advice of using an umbrella stroller. We planned on doing this to save room on the buses, and it only lasted a day. The kids were tired and uncomfortable. They couldn't lay down to rest. With the city mini double, the kids were napping in the park. We had a much better trip after we rented the stroller.

As far as hauling it on the bus, it is not that bad. Yes it takes up a little bit of room, but it is worth the headache it saves you in the park. It is very easy to fold up. We would take the kids out, pull the strap in the middle to collapse the stroller, and hop on the bus. It is a lot less fuss than some strollers.

The city mini was great for us when we rented. We used the city mini double. I would advise against the advice of using an umbrella stroller. We planned on doing this to save room on the buses, and it only lasted a day. The kids were tired and uncomfortable. They couldn't lay down to rest. With the city mini double, the kids were napping in the park. We had a much better trip after we rented the stroller.

As far as hauling it on the bus, it is not that bad. Yes it takes up a little bit of room, but it is worth the headache it saves you in the park. It is very easy to fold up. We would take the kids out, pull the strap in the middle to collapse the stroller, and hop on the bus. It is a lot less fuss than some strollers.

Couldn't agree more. We have a Maclaren umbrella stroller and used it back in March when we went. Although it was convenient to be lightweight my DD2.5 did not nap in it. The minute she would "doze off" she would wake up shortly after due to her trying to get comfortable or being hot. We are rent a City Mini Gt for the first time this coming trip in Sept.

Couldn't agree more. We have a Maclaren umbrella stroller and used it back in March when we went. Although it was convenient to be lightweight my DD2.5 did not nap in it. The minute she would "doze off" she would wake up shortly after due to her trying to get comfortable or being hot. We are rent a City Mini Gt for the first time this coming trip in Sept.

What is the difference between and City Mini and City Mini GT?

Than you!

I can't copy and paste the link I had comparing the two but for the most part the GT has a wider seat, a bit more cushion, higher weight capacity, adjustable handle. The weight of the actual stroller is about a 4 lb difference I believe. The GT weight is about 20 lbs which in my opinion still light compared to other full size strollers.
Might I also add that they are both one hand fold up. We borrows a friend of ours and I was able to hold my daughter and also fold up the stroller with the other hand with no problem what so ever.
If I would do it again I would buy one for personal use

I agree, we've rented the city mini double 3 times from Magic Strollers for our twin grandsons and found it easy to use and easy to load onto buses. The last time we rented they were pretty hefty 3 year olds, so I think it might be workable for you.

A double bob is huge. It takes up a whole sidewalk, leaving no room for anyone to walk beside or pass by going the other way. (I have borrowed one when I was watching neighbors' kids.). Bobs also have super bulky folds. I would not want a bob at disney world.

I haven't ever pushed a city mini or city mini gt so I can't comment there, except that both seem to get very good reviews. I am planning to rent a city mini single for dd for our upcoming trip. She's an average size four year old.

We did use an umbrella for our last trip. A Cybex onyx. It was super plush and had full recline, a very tall seat back and a huge canopy. It was a very good disney world stroller, although lacking in storage and not a one-handed push. I sold it a couple of years ago and now have a bob and a super lightweigt umbrella with virtually no canopy--neither is a good disney stroller IMO. Thus the plan to rent.

A double bob is huge. It takes up a whole sidewalk, leaving no room for anyone to walk beside or pass by going the other way. (I have borrowed one when I was watching neighbors' kids.). Bobs also have super bulky folds. I would not want a bob at disney world. .

BOB double strollers are ADA compliant, so they are no wider than a standard wheelchair. I pushed ours many times through Disney with no incident.

The city mini double is much easier to gold than te Bob. Trust me I've had both ;)

Glad to hear positives about the GT, we rented one for our trip in Novemebr for the 3 and 5yo girls:)

Glad to hear positives about the GT, we rented one for our trip in Novemebr for the 3 and 5yo girls:)

You'll love it. We used it for our twin 4yr olds last year and I plan to rent one again, even if they are 6 when we go!

Even if they prefer to walk a lot of the time, I like having a place for them to sit with snacks/drinks on the go, not to mention a place to store all the stuff we end up bringing or buying. :lmao:

We have a BOB duallie. We absolutely love it and love to use it at wdw. It turns on a dime and you can truly navigate it with one finger. And it's barely wider than the citi mini double. However, we only bring it to wdw if we are staying at a resort where we are not using wdw bus service. It has a very bulky fold and it is difficult to deal with on the buses. We usually rent a citi mini double, not the gt. We have brought our double Maclaren and I hate it. For your children I don't think you need to pay more for the mini tv unless you want too. My 4.5 year old boys have a combined weight of 80 pounds and the regular citi mini still works well for us. Pushes easily. They are not short either.

So as a Bob duallie owner, for your needs I would recommend the citi mini or if you prefer, the citi mini gt. Easy quick fold for Disney buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest