Cindy's have you ever eaten .....Did you like it ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
Caramel Apple-stuffed French Toast
Decadent French Toast stuffed with Sweet Cream Cheese and Spiced Apples drizzled with Caramel Sauce and served with Bacon - Is it too sweet ?

Royal Avocado Toast
Multigrain Toast, Plant-based Eggs and Cheese, Avocado, Radish, and Jalapeños - Everything fresh ?

Beef Tenderloin and Egg
Potatoes and Cheese Frittata with Broccolini, Boursin® Cheese Sauce, and Chive Oil - Can you get it without the cheese sauce ?

Traditional Breakfast
Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, Bacon, and Potatoes - Not worth the money for breakfast ?

Can you get an adult portion of the children menu items
Fruit and Seed Oatmeal or
Egg White Frittata ?

We've never had breakfast there, mostly lunches. Last time was several years ago and the food was fair. I don't remember what we had, but I remember the vegetables had that "straight out of a can" taste. Not that canned veggies are the worst thing, but you'd hope for something better at Cindy's crib.

But getting to go inside the castle is probably something everyone should do at least once, and if there are small children even moreso.

But getting to go inside the castle is probably something everyone should do at least once ...

I totally agree with this. We had a pre park open breakfast there a couple years ago and the food was decidedly “okay.” However, being inside the castle seems very special and all the characters make it fun as well. It’s a one and done for us personally, but I don’t regret it at all and — channeling my inner Stacey— I think it’s a “must do.”

Been there several times but never breakfast.
The food is not the main attraction and in fact we stopped eating there because for some reason every time after eating there in particular at least one of us needed to spend some time in the bathroom.
Going in the castle truly is amazing though and the princesses are fun to interact with.
When I was a younger adult I was quite picky and on more than one occasion at more than one restaurant (but not at CRT) I asked for an adult size portion of a kids menu item and they were fine with it.
I would just make sure you do have a back up in case they are not willing to accommodate.

I had the steak and eggs -- it was just not good. Poor cut of beef, and the accompaniments were nothing special. None of the entrees we had were tasty, and the price was not much less than lunch or dinner, so we decided we'll only eat there lunch and dinner.

I have not had breakfast at CRT, but plan to on our next trip. So I would love to hear reviews.
We did have lunch there in January 2020 and were pleasantly surprised. I'd read the exact same types of reviews as PPs have put here. We were eating there to have a meal in the castle, to meet some princesses, and be part of a Perfectly Princess day that began with an 8:30am BBB appointment. I just wanted to eat and looked forward to the champagne included with my dining plan, and maybe have some fun. Lucky me, the meal was fun with announcement riddles for the little kids to figure out which princess was coming out next. There were wands and wishing stars to play with, individually and an activity with the whole dining room. And my fish of the day, salmon, was *delicious*. Not "OK." Good. Really good, as were the potatoes under it. My chocolate dessert, The Clock Strikes Twelve was delicious 9as were the botes of other desserts I stole from everyone else, esp the peanut-butter one). If I had any complaints, it was the about the so-so champagne that they ask you to pay $20/glass (plus tax and tip) for OOP. My DH loved the pork with daikon (sp?) noodles, a lower carb alternative. Kids loved the strawberry smoothies, the nonalcoholic specialty drink, and the lemonade, the regular drink they also received. Maybe it was just having moderate expectations, but we enjoyed ourselves.
If I didn't have a little princess who wants to go back, I wouldn't do it again, but this is where "one and done" doesn't mean "didn't meet expectations" or "bad." It just means it's pricey, it can be hard to get the reservation you want, and now I know all the surprise flourishes. And it takes place at WDW where there are many options for good meals, esp if you're willing to pay $62-75 per person. But I do have a little princess, and I'm happy to get to accompany one on a meal she finds magical.

We have gone multiple times for breakfast. We usually get the traditional breakfast and the food is good but not great. My granddaughter always asks to eat there and she never asks for anything so we go. The other 5 of us would much rather eat at Askershaus in EPCOT for a princess breakfast. Askershaus is all you can eat and has a buffet and a traditional breakfast that is brought to the table family style. The princess interaction is also much better.

We have gone multiple times for breakfast. We usually get the traditional breakfast and the food is good but not great. My granddaughter always asks to eat there and she never asks for anything so we go. The other 5 of us would much rather eat at Askershaus in EPCOT for a princess breakfast. Askershaus is all you can eat and has a buffet and a traditional breakfast that is brought to the table family style. The princess interaction is also much better.

Agree!

I have not had breakfast at CRT, but plan to on our next trip. So I would love to hear reviews.
We did have lunch there in January 2020 and were pleasantly surprised. I'd read the exact same types of reviews as PPs have put here. We were eating there to have a meal in the castle, to meet some princesses, and be part of a Perfectly Princess day that began with an 8:30am BBB appointment. I just wanted to eat and looked forward to the champagne included with my dining plan, and maybe have some fun. Lucky me, the meal was fun with announcement riddles for the little kids to figure out which princess was coming out next. There were wands and wishing stars to play with, individually and an activity with the whole dining room. And my fish of the day, salmon, was *delicious*. Not "OK." Good. Really good, as were the potatoes under it. My chocolate dessert, The Clock Strikes Twelve was delicious 9as were the botes of other desserts I stole from everyone else, esp the peanut-butter one). If I had any complaints, it was the about the so-so champagne that they ask you to pay $20/glass (plus tax and tip) for OOP. My DH loved the pork with daikon (sp?) noodles, a lower carb alternative. Kids loved the strawberry smoothies, the nonalcoholic specialty drink, and the lemonade, the regular drink they also received. Maybe it was just having moderate expectations, but we enjoyed ourselves.
If I didn't have a little princess who wants to go back, I wouldn't do it again, but this is where "one and done" doesn't mean "didn't meet expectations" or "bad." It just means it's pricey, it can be hard to get the reservation you want, and now I know all the surprise flourishes. And it takes place at WDW where there are many options for good meals, esp if you're willing to pay $62-75 per person. But I do have a little princess, and I'm happy to get to accompany one on a meal she finds magical.

Lunch and breakfast cannot be compared. We loved lunch and HATED our breakfast. Lunch is a three course meal, with appetizer, entree, dessert, every one of which is much higher quality than breakfast. Breakfast tasted like the kind of microwaved breakfast you get on international flight in coach on an airplane. It is a much shorter experience because they are cycling you through faster.

Lunch and breakfast cannot be compared. We loved lunch and HATED our breakfast. Lunch is a three course meal, with appetizer, entree, dessert, every one of which is much higher quality than breakfast. Breakfast tasted like the kind of microwaved breakfast you get on international flight in coach on an airplane. It is a much shorter experience because they are cycling you through faster.
So sad to hear, but the menu definitely looks less interesting. I was hoping the stuffed French toast was good, as most of my family would like it theoretically. Now I have to weigh a lesser meal (for a lesser price if we go OOP) vs. the lovely relatively empty park walk. (We have shots we took as we walked to our PPO BBB appt that I love. I always look for some PPO experience at MK for photo ops.)
We do have a PPO BOG ressie, too...At least that's just 1 CS credit....

Have to Agee. Ate breakfast in January and lunch last June. No comparison.

I see you made a decision but I will add that I agree with the consensus. We had breakfast there last August because it’s what my daughter picked for her birthday meal and breakfast fit best in our schedule. It was just ok. Not great and certainly not worth the cost. She said she was happy she did it once but does not want to do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter