Chronic back pain

prairie_girl

Thinking about pennies...
For anyone who suffers, hats off to you, I don’t know how you do it.

(Sorry, this is going to be a little whiny)

I fell taking my dog out for a walk early Tuesday morning. I don’t know how it happened, it’s all a blur. One second we’re walking home, the next I’m on the ground, in shock, facing the opposite direction.

Nothings broken, but I’m pretty much black and blue up and down the right side of my body. My knee has a bruised that’s bigger than my whole knee cap.

This morning, I woke up early and my back is throbbing so bad. It’s down by my tailbone and it’s not painful per se, but it’s really really uncomfortable, and I can’t find a comfortable position. I sit at a desk for work and I am just constantly shifting trying to find any relief.

I’ve tried Tramaset (what I take because I’m allergic to codeine and this is like T3), I’ve tried Icy Hot, and now I’m trying a hot water bottle. It’s not easy to get to a store for maybe Robaxacet, but could maybe get someone to pick me up some.

Does anyone have any suggestions I haven’t thought of? I don’t want to try a massage because I think that would end up hurting my other sore bits more.

Sorry for the whine. It just really hurts :(

I fell taking my dog out for a walk early Tuesday morning. I don’t know how it happened, it’s all a blur. One second we’re walking home, the next I’m on the ground, in shock, facing the opposite direction.

Nothings broken, but I’m pretty much black and blue up and down the right side of my body. My knee has a bruised that’s bigger than my whole knee cap.

This morning, I woke up early and my back is throbbing so bad. It’s down by my tailbone and it’s not painful per se, but it’s really really uncomfortable, and I can’t find a comfortable position. I sit at a desk for work and I am just constantly shifting trying to find any relief.

I’ve tried Tramaset (what I take because I’m allergic to codeine and this is like T3), I’ve tried Icy Hot, and now I’m trying a hot water bottle. It’s not easy to get to a store for maybe Robaxacet, but could maybe get someone to pick me up some.

Does anyone have any suggestions I haven’t thought of? I don’t want to try a massage because I think that would end up hurting my other sore bits more.

A big :hug: to you!

I suffer now and then and bottom line for me......I feel like it just finally subsides over time.

There are over the counter Lidocaine patches at 4% that actually do help. ( have rheumatoid arthritis and Cancer pain) But if you have a doctor that will write you an Rx for the prescription strength patches (5%) they work a lot better. Not sure why the 1% difference is so much better but it is.

I put one on the base of my spine and then directly on any 'sore' areas that are being particularly debilitating.

Alternate cold and then heat., 20 min of each. It should help ease some of the pain. It's what works for me.
Isn't Solarcaine for sunburns?

I don't know of the medications you posted above, but what works the most for me is an NSAID (ibuprofen--Motrin/Advil), taken regularly at a higher dose than what is on the bottle. If you don't have problems with an NSAID type medication, you can safely take 800 mg every 6 hours. Regular dose is 400. It really works well.

That said, back pain is tough, especially after falling or doing something that sets it off. Sometimes things what touch the pain and it just takes time. But the ibuprofen, heat on my back right in the area and some stretching 2-3 times per day seem to take the edge off.

cbd? i have back problems and it's been life changing for me. edibles work well (i have done chocolates and gummies) but if you don't want to consume, the bath bombs are great to soak in to ease pain.

cbd? i have back problems and it's been life changing for me. edibles work well (i have done chocolates and gummies) but if you don't want to consume, the bath bombs are great to soak in to ease pain.

I hadn’t though of that, and that’s a great idea..for after work lol

I’m done in an hour so I’ll perhaps give it a try.

Hug and prayers for healing, Prairie Girl. A close cousin of mine has had back issues all of his life. No fun. I currently am recovering from feet issues. Epsom salt warm soaks are rekaxing and helpful to me with soreness and swelling. I like that it's something all natural I can do. Suggestion to give it a try for your back. Feel better and take care.

We like the Salon Pas with lidocaine too, they also make Menthol but those don't work at all IMO.

They have great big patches but the flex stick better, unfortunately the flex are smaller.Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 6.17.02 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 6.20.31 PM.png

Try EVERYTHING non medical to start IMO. DH has recovered somewhat from serious back issues. It took:

Non-medical
* lidocane works and comes in patches, roll on and creme
* OTC pain relief
* hot bath
* sitting in a recliner

Medical
* accupuncture
* pain injections

I am so sorry you are in pain. DH was in the ER crying in pain when he first was injured. He doesn't do well with prescription pain killers. It took years to get past it. If he gets even a tweak of pain he starts the non-medical list and after a good nap in the recliner is usually feeling better. He keeps up the OTC and lidocane for a few days.

I wish you the best.

My dad lives with chronic back pain from severe spinal arthritis and yeah, it sucks.

For me, when I've bruised my back like that before, I did:
Bio Freeze
Advil every 4 hours
Heating pad in the recliner as much as possible

Be really careful about your sleeping position too. Sleeping on a bruise is a special kind of awful!

It sounds like, hopefully, something that will heal over time. In the meantime, can you see a doctor/orthopedic? As someone mentioned- an injection to relieve the inflammation might help you be comfortable sleeping and at work. If you don’t want to see a doctor, maybe call a nurse line. Hope you find relief- back pain is the worst.

I'm concerned you didn't mention going to ER.
Have you been evaluated?
You need x-rays & scans, IMHO.

I've had pain of all types over the years, and had a bad fall a few years back.
My back has off/on pain directly from that fall - like a knife between my shoulder blades.

I pray you get the help your body needs, along w/meds & treatment.

Hugs :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter