Chris & Megan's Wishes Wedding: Updated 8/2:Photobomb of the last month!

We got our proposal from the first outside florist! I have two more to go....And hopefully they are better in prices! Yikes.

Lee has been a pleasure to work with in the last couple weeks. I had a phone confrence with him the Wend. before Labor Day and just got my proposal Monday when I got back to school.

The Envelope:
308815_10150364090363454_756123453_9702538_1133721442_n.jpg

Everything came in the envelope and charming little folder! I scanned the proposal into an image so I could show it to everyone.

photosofscannedproposal.jpg

The Ceremony Page:
photosofscannedproposal0002.jpg

The Reception Page:
photosofscannedproposal0003.jpg

Sorry for the HUGE photos, I Wanted to make sure everyone could see the pages.

I'm super excited about the price after I looked at my original floral from Disney, because with this I get two altar arrangments as well, which were not included on the more-expensive Disney BEO.

What does everyone think?

I talked to the florist that I received the proposal from. I found out that if we provide our own vases for the arrangements, it saves 20 dollars per arrangement. That takes our total down to 1454. Super exciting! :)

Floral Items:

Bride: Hand-tied bouquet of all bright yellow roses wrapped in silver pewter ribbon.

3 Bridesmaids: Smaller hand-tied bouquets of mostly white roses with yellow daisies tucked in for color. Stems are to be wrapped with silver pewter ribbon.

2 Boutonnieres: White roses accented with greenery and wrapped in sliver pewter ribbon.

5 Boutonnieres: Yellow Roses accented with greenery and wrapped in silver pewter ribbon.

2 Mother’s Corsages: Yellow tea roses, silver pewter ribbon and greenery. Wrist corsages.

4 grandmother’s corsages: Pin-on corsages of white tea roses, silver pewter ribbon and greenery.

2 Small altar arrangements: of yellow and white flowers, similar to centerpieces but a little bit larger to go on either side on the altar.

6 short pedestals: To go down aisle, three per side. Arrangements are to be place on top of the pedestals for the ceremony.

6 arrangements: low centerpieces in square 6-Inch crystals cube vases filled with tight and compactly designed garden flowers in yellow and white. Examples are roses and daisies, hydrangeas and lilies.

There is two fees which total 275.00 [includes a set/transfer/strike free and a deliver fee.]

**We have already cut the vase off for my bouquet; I have never really liked the way that looks. **

We also can save twenty dollars on each arrangments for providing our own vases. I can purchase these vases for about 3.99 a peice so every bit helps!

Hi Meghan! Congrats and Welcome!! Love how detailed you are in already getting your budgeting and everything set before you even meet with your planner- that is super organized!! Wish I could be that way!

When I originally talked to our wedding coordinator about locations, right off the bat we wanted the ballroom at the Contemporary as well. She talked me out of it saying the room itself is very "blah" (yes my coordinator said this) and that it would take A LOT of money to decorate it to look nice. She said usually only the Couture weddings are there and weddings looking to spend 50-60k on decor. Not trying to burst any bubbles and maybe my coordinator was wrong, but I am looking forward to seeing what you think! Can you please take pictures to post as I'm very anxious if shes wrong and she talked me out of it for nothing!

Hi Meghan! Congrats and Welcome!! Love how detailed you are in already getting your budgeting and everything set before you even meet with your planner- that is super organized!! Wish I could be that way!

When I originally talked to our wedding coordinator about locations, right off the bat we wanted the ballroom at the Contemporary as well. She talked me out of it saying the room itself is very "blah" (yes my coordinator said this) and that it would take A LOT of money to decorate it to look nice. She said usually only the Couture weddings are there and weddings looking to spend 50-60k on decor. Not trying to burst any bubbles and maybe my coordinator was wrong, but I am looking forward to seeing what you think! Can you please take pictures to post as I'm very anxious if shes wrong and she talked me out of it for nothing!

Thanks! Yeah, I'm the budget-minded person in our relationship. My fiance is the not-so-budget minded person. I'm waiting to see the rooms, I'm looking for a smaller-ballroom type room. I will take pictures of all the rooms we see, I really would like the contemporary as I want to avoid the GF because of construction.

Congrats and Welcome! Your plans are great so far. Just wanted to say we used Lee Forrest and he is amazing, your flowers are going to be gorgeous!

Just jumping on-board with your PJ!! I love your ring and your Save the Dates-- they are so cute!!

Can't wait to read more!

Congrats and Welcome! Your plans are great so far. Just wanted to say we used Lee Forrest and he is amazing, your flowers are going to be gorgeous!

Thanks! Eveything I have seen I have been impressed with. Floral is a MAJOR aspect for me....So I'm excited.

So excited right now! We went to add the Dinning Plan to our reservation tonight and when we tried, All-Star Sports had none available. Since about all of our plans require a dinning plan if we don't want to pay a fortune, that's a disaster!

So I asked the cast member..."Is there any other resorts that have availability for the dinning plan?" She scrolled through the values with no success and then... she said "There is availability at Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach Club".

Now, we were supposed to be paying 275 dollars with tax for our room at all-star sports. I was nervous to see how much more the resort would be if we switched to the moderate. She told me it would be 432 dollars [or so] for the room at CBC. So....We did some quick math and for 158 dollars more, we could switch to the Caribbean Beach Club. So...We switched!

We're now staying at the Caribbean Beach Club! I'm a princess who gets spoiled greatly!

:cloud9: :love: :bride: princess:

We did the math and the dining plan is worth in savings more than the 158 dollars so I'm excited beyond belief!!! We got a king room and my fiance is super excited after I showed him photos! :)

Followed you over from the 2013 Weddings thread. :)

What a cute proposal. I remember most of mine, but I'm a little fuzzy on some of the things we said. Must be a natural reaction to an overload of happiness. :confused3

I love the Fastpass STDs! Such a great idea. And, I love your floral plans. You and I have a similar taste in flowers.

I'm subbing now, so at least if I can photo-stalk your wedding, I can PJ-stalk your wedding. :rotfl:

Just jumping on-board with your PJ!! I love your ring and your Save the Dates-- they are so cute!!

Can't wait to read more!

Thanks! I absoultley adore my ring. Welcome :goodvibes

Followed you over from the 2013 Weddings thread. :)

What a cute proposal. I remember most of mine, but I'm a little fuzzy on some of the things we said. Must be a natural reaction to an overload of happiness. :confused3

I love the Fastpass STDs! Such a great idea. And, I love your floral plans. You and I have a similar taste in flowers.

I'm subbing now, so at least if I can photo-stalk your wedding, I can PJ-stalk your wedding. :rotfl:

Hi! Yay, another 2013 Bride! :goodvibes

It must be an overload of happiness....I've asked Chris to tell me what he said and he won't! :headache::rotfl2:

Thanks! Floral is kinda a bit part to me but I don't want to pay 18 million dollars for it!

We received another floral proposal! I'm working on scanning the images into the computer and typing them up now to share with you all!

I also have an UPDATED itnirary and details for our trip in two weeks as well as for my sanity, a to-do list before we leave! :)

Here is the proposal from Jonathan's Flowers in Winter Park, Florida. Sorry for the huge images..... I wanted to make sure they could be seen.

photosofscannedproposaljonhathon0002.jpg

photosofscannedproposaljonhathon0001.jpg

All-in-all, the total price from him was 984.06. That's almost 700 dollars cheaper than the previous floral proposal. I'm still working with one other florist to get a proposal then I will sit down with Chris and make the descion. The way we are working it, I am paying out of my pocket for anything not included in our minimum and Chris is paying the DFTW with me helping as much as I can.

What do you think?

Floral Items:

Bride: Hand-tied bouquet of all bright yellow roses wrapped in silver pewter ribbon.

4 Bridesmaids: Smaller hand-tied bouquets of ivory roses with yellow daisies Stems are to be wrapped with aqua blue ribbon.

3 Boutonnieres: Ivory roses accented with greenery

5 Boutonnieres: Yellow Roses accented with greenery

2 Mother’s Corsages: Yellow roses Wrist corsages.

4 grandmother’s corsages: Pin-on corsages of ivory roses

2 altar arrangements: Larger square vases with hydrangeas, yellow roses and yellow daisies

6 short pedestals: To go down aisle, three per side. Arrangements are to be place on top of the pedestals for the ceremony.

6 arrangements: low centerpieces in square cube vases filled flowers in yellow and white. Yellow roses and yellow daisies, hydrangeas.

There is two fees which total 90.00 [includes a transfer fee and a delivery fee.]

Not married so I have NO idea what to look for as far as cost goes. BUT to me, the pricing there seems very reasonable.... hopefully one of your readers will have experience with this florist and can give you insight!

Not married so I have NO idea what to look for as far as cost goes. BUT to me, the pricing there seems very reasonable.... hopefully one of your readers will have experience with this florist and can give you insight!

That's okay! Thanks :goodvibes

Our Updated and [as of right now] Itinerary that we are going with!

Our ADR's
September 30. 2011
Kona Café at the Polynesian Resort
Time: 11:05; Out-of-Pocket Meal

The Turf Club Bar and Grill at Saratoga Springs Resort
Time: 16:35; Dinning Plan Meal

October 1. 2011
Tutto Italia Ristorante in Epcot
Time: 17:50; Dinning Plan Meal

October 2. 2011
Narcoossee’s at the Grand Floridian
Time: 17:55; Dinning Plan Meal [2 Credits]

October 3. 2011
Chef Mickey’s at the Contemporary Resort
Time: 10:20; Dining Plan Meal

Our Plans:
September 30. 2011
Site Visit at Disney’s Wedding Pavilion
Time: 13:00 to 15:00

Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Time: 19:00 to 00:00

October 1. 2011
Magic Kingdom for Rope Drop

Epcot for the Afternoon/Evening

October 2. 2011
Disney’s Hollywood Studios

October 3. 2011
Animal Kingdom before Breakfast

Magic Kingdom

October 4th: We'll be driving home.

I'm super excited, what does everyone think?? :)

Meghan sweetie - It all looks great!!! Any news from 'Petals by Design' yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter