Childfree Disney fans?

I am 28 years old and my obsession with Disney started when I was a kid (12), but I have no kids as of yet. Every time I have gone I have been the "kid". I am sure if I do have kids, it will be a whole other experience, but honestly who needs the aggravation?
I am a teacher, so I have my fill of 8 year olds 180 days a year. For my spring break, I am going to Disney with my husband (who enjoys but does not obsess with Disney). I am also taking 6 other ADULTS with me. My mission is to prove to them that you DO NOT need children to go to Disney. I loathe when people give me weird looks when I say how much I love it. I wish I could show more adults how wonderful it is there. How happy and giddy :hug: I feel when I see Cindy's castle :worship: , or hear the Tapestry of Dreams song, or watch Illuminations, Fantasmic :wizard: or Wishes pixiedust: . Or how aout riding on POC pirate: ?

So for my own personal satisfaction I am posing a question
:scratchin My question to you is -
What is your answer to people when the question your love of Disney? :scratchin

PrincessAurora said:
Child free but with a cat and a pal mickey. Gee, this thread was started in 2003?! I have forgotten if I had replied before and am too lazy to plow through it without coffee. So, here is me - homeowner, taxpayer, cat & dog lover - no kids in this lifetime.

thats funny if the thread started in 2003-- i wonder how many of the people that responded at that time NOW have kids!!!?

interesting..........

vikingfans said:
Hubby and I are going in October! Anyone else going? No kids or pets! (not that I don't want any pets...just not home enough to make it worth the pet's while.)

We are definitely going in October--probably twice--for the Food and Wine Festival! It's a blast, and is what won us over to WDW a few years ago (DH and I: Floridians, formerly of the cynical "Why would anybody want to go to Disney World" type). ;)

we have kids, but our first 10 trips to WDW during our first 6 years of marriage, were before we had any kids.....just the two of us....

and i'm sure once the kids move out (they've grown up,- 21 and 19- but haven't moved out yet) there'll be a lot more trips without kids....

No kids, no spouse..BF who I have turned into a Disney Addict (like me happily) and Mr. Peanuts an adorable cat ! BF and I say when we see parents and their children interacting (whinning and the gimmies gimmies) "only in Disney!"

KIDS?!?!?!?! I don't even have houseplants! lol!!!

:goodvibes

DF and I are both Disney lovers. Before our first trip, I didn't even want to go, just humored him....now I am posting on the boards and he knows he created a monster! :lovestruc

Ya gotta love being treated like a princess princess: and spending time playing and living the magic!!!! :wizard:

No kids here! BF and I go once or twice a year and LOVE it because we can do whatever we want when we want to and don't have to worry about naps or height restrictions!

dopeynme said:
KIDS?!?!?!?! I don't even have houseplants! lol!!!

:goodvibes

Count us in!
No kids, no houseplants... but we do have a very spoiled cat! :cat:

(oops... I didn't realize this thread was so old. I probably posted here before!)

LindsayDunn228 said:
You know, I think this is so funny. I am the complete opposite. Whenever I go to WDW and watch the kids, my husband and I always laugh and comment we are so glad we aren't going to have any :)

:rotfl2:
We're the same way! After experiencing all of the "adorable" (?!?) children at WDW, we ususally make smart-alecky comments like "Let's have 12 of our own!"! :lmao:

Single male (52 Yikes) with zero anchors here. DVC owner who goes to the world twice a year for running the parks, golfing, fine dining and relaxing! The best place I've ever found to combine all four :)

Retired And Child Free Both On Their Own, One Is A Dis Nut Like Me, The Other Is Getting There

DH and I have no kids except the 90 lb spoiled rotten furbaby named Duncan.
(Golden retriever) It is great to see so many people understand the magic. :wizard: And all without kids. We tell people all the time that we are kids ourselves. Just the much older version..... :rotfl:

kids free here. my husband and I have been Disney World twice in two years. The first time we went was on our honeymoon. :cheer2:

I have no kids. I love Disney and like to do it my way. No napping or whining allowed!

I have two kids but they live with their dad and stepmom so no disney trips with them yet :sad2: Maybe soon. However, I am going to Disney June/July 06 with a close friend minus kiddies. I went that way in Feb 06 and had a blast. WDW is definitely not just for the little ones. :)

DINKS here! DH & I are kids at heart! We have enough nieces, nephews & godchildren to keep us busy (AND they go back to their home at night! :cheer2: ) Nice to meet you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter