• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

All they have to do is intentionally walk Carpenter every time he comes up to bat to ruin his home run streak.
I remember the series that Harper was walked almost every at bat :rotfl:. Carpenter being LO makes it a little rough but seems like LO is getting walked on anyways a lot of the time, sadly.

On my way to the game today. I always enjoy watching Q pitch. This one’s for the series!
Sun started peeking out by me so I hope the weather holds. I am usually about 30-45 minutes ahead of what hits Wrigley. I like the lineup except wish JHey was 2nd. He was looking mighty fine there and I think KB prefers being 3rd, just from body language. I know Joe gong with the lefty/righty thing against Mikolas, but in general, hope to see JHey back in the 2 spot. Have a great game and as always, GET THE W!!!!!!!!!!!

eta: doubt you got there in time but Smyly threw a sim game today!

Tony Andracki‏ @TonyAndracki23 1h1 hour ago
Drew Smyly facing live hitters in a sim game. Said he will throw again Thursday and hopes to go on a rehab assignment after that. Current plan is for him to head out before Aug. 1. Could be a key factor in Cubs bullpen down the stretch. Said he feels great right now.

:woohoo:
DiuUyUPX4AANYDl.jpg

Last edited:

I really like watching Quintana pitch. He is so calm and stoic. And Chavez seems to be a good addition to the team. Randy Rosario worried me a bit today, but he got through it. And Len looked more comfortable in his casual clothes than the suit and tie he had to wear yesterday evening.

I really like watching Quintana pitch. He is so calm and stoic. And Chavez seems to be a good addition to the team. Randy Rosario worried me a bit today, but he got through it. And Len looked more comfortable in his casual clothes than the suit and tie he had to wear yesterday evening.
did you see Q wink heading off in the 6th, I think? looked super relaxed :thumbsup2

I think Randy was fine until he faced Carpenter, He started seeing ghosts from game 2 when he homered off of him.

Not so great from this guy. Should always give it to the kid.

https://twitter.com/dicebeck/status/1021119556851552257?s=12

ETA - update. Seems Javy signed a ball for him later. All good.

https://twitter.com/cubs/status/1021134802580393989?s=12
Yeah that hit the internet pdq ..general comments were what a POS, and I agree. Even my own kids knew after age 12 any ball was going to the *little kids* near us. El Mago making a ball appear :D

BUT~ THERE ARE 2 SIDES TO THE STORY...hmmmmm. The dark haired little boy does have 2 baseballs in the photo so maybe this checks out. Will have to listen to Waddle and Silvey tomorrow and get the full 411.
Chuck Mycoff‏ @cmycoff2
Replying to @WaddleandSilvy
I was sitting next to this guy. That ball was between my feet. The kid already had a ball the same guy helped him get. He handed it to his wife. She took a picture of it and they gave it to the kid next to them. This guy was great. This story is BAD.

Last edited:
Yeah that hit the internet pdq ..general comments were what a POS, and I agree. Even my own kids knew after age 12 any ball was going to the *little kids* near us. El Mago making a ball appear :D

BUT~ THERE ARE 2 SIDES TO THE STORY...hmmmmm. The dark haired little boy does have 2 baseballs in the photo so maybe this checks out. Will have to listen to Waddle and Silvey tomorrow and get the full 411.
Chuck Mycoff‏ @cmycoff2
Replying to @WaddleandSilvy
I was sitting next to this guy. That ball was between my feet. The kid already had a ball the same guy helped him get. He handed it to his wife. She took a picture of it and they gave it to the kid next to them. This guy was great. This story is BAD.
Hmmm ... so the little boy already had a ball when he was tossed another one? And the ‘jerk’ actually gave the ball away to another kid who didn’t already have a ball? The cad!

Hmmm ... so the little boy already had a ball when he was tossed another one? And the ‘jerk’ actually gave the ball away to another kid who didn’t already have a ball? The cad!

so when the video hit twitter, Kap posted this:

David Kaplan‏Verified account @thekapman
David Kaplan Retweeted Arther Digby Sellers

Who knows who that little girl is and her mom? I want to make sure she gets a ball. Please let me know.

David Kaplan added,

u-dLKhx-OL6PCXE4.jpg

0:13
Arther Digby Sellers @DiceBeck
Way to act like a total douche instead of giving the ball back to the little kid in front of you buddy. #Cubs fans suck

and now,
Kap just posted this:
David Kaplan‏Verified account @thekapman
I spoke with people from the Cubs. The man who grabbed the ball on the widely seen video had actually already helped the little boy get a ball earlier. The young man has a game used ball and a Javy Baez ball. All is well. Guy is A-OK so let it go people."

then my faith is renewed...as I thought it was a given within the Friendly Confine's to offer to a kid and from the amount of reactions, tons of people feel the same way .

Jeff Rose (STL fan/reporter) in red shirt is sitting next to the woman in the front row.
Jeff Rose, CFP®‏Verified account @jjeffrose 2h2 hours ago
Jeff Rose, CFP® Retweeted Cut4

I was sitting next to the little boy and in front of the Cubs fan getting called every name in the book. Here's what they forgot to mention... 1. The boy already got a ball two innings before this. 2. The guy was able to snag at least 2 other balls & gave them to other kids

Jeff Rose, CFP® added,

Last edited:
I also want to point out that tickets in that area go for $242 each. I would venture to say that the kid was not some poor waif who never gets anything special.

I hope that people will listen to the people who are saying that the guy behind them was actually a good guy. I bet the little boy didn’t give up his first ball after getting the Javy ball.

I also want to point out that tickets in that area go for $242 each. I would venture to say that the kid was not some poor waif who never gets anything special.

I hope that people will listen to the people who are saying that the guy behind them was actually a good guy. I bet the little boy didn’t give up his first ball after getting the Javy ball.
what we will see next is the "no player is allowed to toss a ball to the crowd" rule. If a ball is hit out foul or home run, a fan may keep said ball, but under no circumstances is a player on the field during a game allowed to toss/throw/roll or gesture a ball to anyone not on the field. :rolleyes1

Actually, it really didn't matter if the kid had 15 balls already. Venable tossed the ball to him and it was his to give away, not the guy's. The guy could have given it back to the kid and the kid could have offered it to another kid if he wanted to.

Actually, it really didn't matter if the kid had 15 balls already. Venable tossed the ball to him and it was his to give away, not the guy's. The guy could have given it back to the kid and the kid could have offered it to another kid if he wanted to.
Sorry, gotta disagree. The number of balls that little boy had does matter. Would Venable have given the ball to the cute little boy if he knew he already had one? I think not. And, FWIW, neither the boy nor the mom looked all that upset about it.

Sorry, gotta disagree. The number of balls that little boy had does matter. Would Venable have given the ball to the cute little boy if he knew he already had one? I think not. And, FWIW, neither the boy nor the mom looked all that upset about it.

Both good points here..but feel I have to point out the main things~

We knocked the dirty bird's into 4th place (no easy task with Carpenter's historical home run derby)and Dex misses Chicago as much as we miss him.

Last edited:
I love that Theo tells it like it is. If Yu throws another pitch this year I will look at it like a bonus.

Tony Andracki‏ @TonyAndracki23
Theo candid on Darvish today and how much Cubs can rely on him this season: "If you put yourself in a position where you're overly reliant on something that hasn't been dependable up to this point and then it doesn't come through, it's probably more on you than on the fates."

In the mean time the idea of *bull-penning* looks more and more acceptable especially in combo of maybe Cishek/Hendrick's:confused3

New week ~new series!!!!!!!!!
Not gonna lie, I am pretty happy to see Jon Jay again!!!!!! Avila will also get to say hi to the gang~

images

LETS GO CUBBIE'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Di0C9O1X4AARvE_.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter