Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

OK...So when I think back to some key hits in last years playoffs, Dex, Rossy &Miggy come to mind and how we don't have them anymore. Then I remember we have Willy, Jay, AAJ and a full time Schawrb's. THEN I remember how Javy was basically a one man NAT killing machine robbing Harper , hitting home runs and making diving catches 100 yards away.

LETS GO!!! WE NEVER QUIT!!!!!!!!!

So the Nat's want their fans to bring ton's of National's W's to the park to I guess psych the Cub's out? All I think of Walgreen's and maybe a flu shot
images

so a friend asked me what level my stress is at for tonight's game, and the playoff's in general. I realized when answering that it's really low.(for ME anyways, lol) Funny what winning a WS W way ahead of schedule can do for one's outlook. We have at least 5 more years of this caliber baseball~ it's like we already got the hard triple of the cycle out of the way, lol. I don't have that desperation feel of "What if we never get back to the playoff's again?". I am kinda bummed that is the beginning to the end of the Cubs '16 WS Champ run, but excited that it could be the beginning of their '17 one or '18,'19','20....:D.

My heart will be racing during tonight's game, all my superstitions will be in full force, I will block all social media as usual, and my disdain for Dusty Baker will continue~ but part of me thinks Harper is pretty desperate for a WS win before his FA and am hoping he presses as much as he flips the flow~Murphy is usually good for a key error~Dusty finally has a decent bullpen but I STILL see him pushing his starting pitcher's further than he should. He may fool me on that one, though, he may actually , finally see the light as a Manager ..who know's. I am hoping JHey has a great game against Strasburg, for his own personal accomplishment of continued success hitting off one of the best~ and that Willy is on his game against Turner. Hopefully Kyle keeps him from getting on base in the first place.

I can see myself allowing more enjoyment watching the game's from here on out, making it to the Playoff's 3 year's in a row with a WS Title in the middle is a pretty decent stress buster, lol.

so..
a14f073bf2f79fad3aaef546547b00d5--chicago-cubs-baseball-root-root.jpg

So the Nat's want their fans to bring ton's of National's W's to the park to I guess psych the Cub's out? All I think of Walgreen's and maybe a flu shot
images

As a Nats fan, I have to say this:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::worship:

That really is too funny. Thing is, we really didn't have a whole lot of Walgreens around here until a few years ago. But we did have a president in town that used the W logo as well. Its Washington. We are great at designing sound bites, but not so much graphic arts.

Hoping for a great series! (and I did root for the Cubs last year)

As a Nats fan, I have to say this:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::worship:

That really is too funny. Thing is, we really didn't have a whole lot of Walgreens around here until a few years ago. But we did have a president in town that used the W logo as well. Its Washington. We are great at designing sound bites, but not so much graphic arts.

Hoping for a great series! (and I did root for the Cubs last year)

It can't be un-seen, am I right? Should be a GREAT series..all playoff baseball is. Thanks for rooting for the Cub's last year~Game 7 unlike any other game, ever. You will have to tolerate my Dusty comments if you will be on this thread, lol...having had to live thru him as a Cubs manager, it's allowed.(and justified)

It can't be un-seen, am I right? Should be a GREAT series..all playoff baseball is. Thanks for rooting for the Cub's last year~Game 7 unlike any other game, ever. You will have to tolerate my Dusty comments if you will be on this thread, lol...having had to live thru him as a Cubs manager, it's allowed.(and justified)

Well, if he takes us to the world series, he's gold in our books. If not, well lets just say his contract for next year isn't signed.

As expected, Dusty Baker says Gio Gonzalez will start Game 2 and Max Scherzer will start Game 3.

Agree w what they just said in the postgame show:

Jon Jay in the fakeout on-deck w Javy at bat was critical. Dusty could’ve walked Javy to force Kyle to bat or end his night. Instead, Hendricks comes back in the 7th with great results.

Decent Maddon move. Dusty should’ve / could’ve called his bluff.

Agree w what they just said in the postgame show:

Jon Jay in the fakeout on-deck w Javy at bat was critical. Dusty could’ve walked Javy to force Kyle to bat or end his night. Instead, Hendricks comes back in the 7th with great results.

Decent Maddon move. Dusty should’ve / could’ve called his bluff.

Agreed...but then again Duh-sty blew it pitching to Rizzo too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter