Chefs De France and Remy

horse11

DIS Veteran
I just read a post that Remy is no longer appearing? Is this true? I thought I read some where you are more likely to see him at lunch. I hope he is still there because this was one of the main reasons we choose Chefs De France.

I just read a post that Remy is no longer appearing? Is this true? I thought I read some where you are more likely to see him at lunch. I hope he is still there because this was one of the main reasons we choose Chefs De France.
Remy is gone. We canceled our reservation. :(

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Remy is gone. We canceled our reservation. :(

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

So sad!!! We have had many disappointments from Disney already and we have not even got there yet. Between all the construction at the Poly and now this, WOW!!!

When did they stop? We were there in late September and he was there.

They stopped in late October. Used to be one of my favorites because of remy. We did not choose this restaurant on our December trip.

just canceled our reservation. No need to go without Remy:(

I just read a post that Remy is no longer appearing?
. . . no longer appearing

Is this true?
. . . yes
. . . REMY was invented to bring in LUNCH diners
. . . the intent succeeded
. . . no longer necessary to induce eaters with the "character"

I thought I read some where you are more likely to see him at lunch.
. . . his appearance was only during lunch
. . . his rounds were Monday-thru-Saturday at 12:30, 1:40, 2:50 & 5:20pm

I hope he is still there because this was one of the main reasons we choose Chefs De France.
. . . as mentioned, since October-2013, he is no more

As all the PPs mentioned, he is sadly no longer there. I didn't make any reservations for lunch at Chefs De France for our upcoming trip due to this....I like the restaurant and all, but it was better with Remy there. Instead we made ADRs for Monsieur Paul's (a first for us) :goodvibes.

We made a ressie purposely for the time he was suppose to be there and they cancelled before we went? Why would they cancel it if people liked it?

We made a ressie purposely for the time he was suppose to be there and they cancelled before we went? Why would they cancel it if people liked it?

There are many theories including:
1) maintenance issues of the animatronic
2) cost of having to pay an employee to be his handler
3) uneven distribution of guests, as a majority of the ADR's were made around his appearance times versus being spread out evenly throughout the day

Not sure we will ever know the whole reason.

hmmm, If the percentage of people posting here who are canceling lunch ADR's speaks for something, then I'd say the popularity of Chefs for lunch is going to drop off and...... if they are smart....maybe they will bring Remy back!?!?! :confused3

We went in December, completely unaware that Remy no longer appeared. We were going in large part to see him. We were perplexed as to why he never came out. Oh well....now I know. Would have cancelled if I had known.

I'm somewhat amused that people went to CdF simply for Remy. Isn't the food good enough for this restaurant to stand on its own? :confused:

I'm somewhat amused that people went to CdF simply for Remy. Isn't the food good enough for this restaurant to stand on its own? :confused:

I am sure the food is good but it like the character meals. You do not only go for the food but a big part of it is because of the character interaction. Too many great restraunts at Epcot. Having Remy gave them an advantage.I sure hope Disney will bring him back.

we love this restaurant, so Remy, though very cute, was not our reason to go. It is always sad when good things come to an end. I could see the writing on the wall. Several times we saw him go to the kitchen early because he was "acting up", and not finishing the other tables. It was very upsetting for the children sitting at tables that didn't get to visit with him. I'm sure this was a liability for Disney--they always try to bring happiness not tears.

Yes I had a reservation for Lunch November 1st of 2013 and when I got there they told me Remy was gone. We cancelled. I was a bit bewildered because when I booked the reservation a couple of weeks prior Disney Dining reservations was the one who gave me all the times Remy was there and told me to choose a time he would make his appearance. My Daughter loves Remy so I thought it would be great. I have never had a meal there so I do not know how the food is but I know it would have been great for my daughter. While there I found one Remy Stuffed animal in a shop in France. The only vestige left of Remy :(

Actually I might add that when I went to Chef de France prior to our actual reservation day (but subsequently cancelled when I found out there was no Remy anymore), the maitre de was eager to seat us for lunch. The place was practically empty and it was prime lunch time. So I would say the absence of Remy was definitely affecting reservations. So perhaps they will ponder bringing back Remy for lunch. Sadly we have never seen Remy what was it like?????::MinnieMo::MinnieMo::MinnieMo::MinnieMo::MinnieMo::MinnieMo::MinnieMo

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest