• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

chef mickey's

lomillerin

DIS Veteran
Is it better for breakfast or dinner? We are thinking of going on our non park day just to keep the magic going, but for which meal and why? Also, what would the best way be to get there from Pop Century and what is the lates breakfast seating?

We went for dinner in Jan and when we finished we walked out of restaurant straight to other end of hotel where they have an outside viewing area for fireworks with piped in music. It was a great evening!! Food was great, character interaction was great and kids loved the napkin twirling!!
We took the bus to the monorail and hopped off it at Contemporary. Very easy from PC..

Daisy:sunny:

You cannot see the fireworks from inside CM's...though you CAN see them from many other places on CR grounds, including that observation area mentioned above.

We enjoy CM's for our first night dinner (particularly great if you're NOT going to a park that day). Nothing beats the great character interaction and napkin dance for putting us in the mood for a Disney adventure.

I shouldn't really comment on the quality of the food because I am a great big food snob and I have exceptionally low expectations when it comes to buffets, so please take this for what it's worth; I found the food "surprisingly acceptable." Best I can say.;)

We haven't been for dinner so I can't comment (although I have heard nothing but great reviews) but I can tell you that breakfast is AWESOME!!!! Great food, great location and great character interaction!!!! We always go twice each trip.

I have never had dinner there, but we just did the breakfast last Monday for this first time and we thought the food was very good, especially for a buffet.
The only thing was that it was very loud, and hectic....but that was to be expected. It was fun overall....

We stayed at the AS and drove over to the CR for Breakfast at Chef Mickey's. They give you a specail parking pass at the security gate. You also have the option of taking the bus to the Magic Kingdom and walking over. I prefer to drive. Hope this helps.

Chef Mickey's dinner is our first night in Disney tradition. We love the atmosphere. The food is mediocre. It was better on our 2002 trip than this past trip in May. Parm. potatoes are excellent. Desserts are very good! (eat dessert first!!):mickeybar

I've never seen the fireworks from the observation deck, but if they do pipe in the music, then I'd say that's a great plan! We always do the monorail loop after dinner (my ds5's favorite ride!) and this past trip, since we had UPH's, we went into the MK for Spectro and Wishes after dinner.

I don't think we'll ever be able to go anywhere else on our first night. Our boys have come to expect it!

We did the Chef Mickeys for dinner on our first night. I found the food to be good. They had a good selection of food, even for picky kids. The characters were very good about coming around quite frequently too. We really enjoyed the dinner and would do it again!!

I think dinner and then watch the fireworks sounds perfect for our first night. Does anybody know when the best time to reserve in order to watch the fireworks? how long does it take to eat and then how early do we need to be on the observation deck? Can we go to the observation deck even though we are not staying at the contemporary, we are staying at pop century.
Is is possible to do the monarail to get there and back again as my daughter also likes to ride on it.

For us the fireworks were early due to the time of year. Find out what time they will be on when you are there, I would say 1 to 1 1/2hrs for dinner ( or less depending on you). Again due to the weather (it was cccold) we walked outside about 10min before fireworks and grabbed one of the two benches that were there. The music was definitly piped in and it was a wonderful view even if we did freze..lol (although nothing beats standing near the Castle and watching Wishes!)
If you want a monorail ride why not take the Epcot bus and ride monorail to Contemporary from there?

Have Fun....Daisy:sunny:

lomillerin,

It all depends what time the fireworks are (which will depend on your time of year).

Here's what we did: We had dinner at CM's at about 6:45. Then we rode the monorail over to the Poly (got to sit in the FRONT, you have to ask). We arrived at Poly around 8:30 and browsed the grounds and shops a little while. Then we headed out onto the Poly dock to watch the EWP, which shows at the Poly at 9:00. There were no fireworks that night (this was before Disney started Wishes, which does show every night). We wanted to watch EWP from Poly beach because it was the 1st show of the night and our kids were only 7 and 5 and we didn't want to keep them out too late. From the Poly, we walked over to TTC and caught a bus back to our hotel from there. It worked out GREAT for us.:sunny: Depending on the ages of your kids, might just be easier to stay at CR; but the monorail is really fun and it's so relaxing to stroll around the Poly!:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter