Check In

Checking in at BWV, the valet who meets the car always asks if we want valet parking and if we want luggage service. No to valet parking and yes to luggage service for us. The valet either gets a cart and unloads the luggage and any groceries if we’ve already made a grocery stop or has someone from bell services do the unloading, depending on how busy they are in the arrival area. I am given a receipt with the item count and I offer a gratuity for the unloading assistance. This person then delivers the loaded cart to bell services. If room is ready, we go to the room and immediately call bell services to bring the luggage. If the room is not ready we call bell services once we have received the room ready text with our assigned room number. In either case, luggage arrives within 10-15 minutes, and we provide a gratuity for the luggage assistance. Note that the person who unloaded the car and the person who delivered the luggage are frequently different cast members. Since unloading the car onto a luggage cart and rolling it 30 feet to bell services takes just minutes, I usually just give the unloader a $5 gratuity. Bell service luggage delivery of a cart of luggage to the room usually calls for a $20 gratuity in my mind, since the time and effort are much greater.

Been doing different iterations of most posts above.

One thing I saw at BCV was someone getting a bell services cart and loading their own stuff, just like at HH and Vero. This was February 2024.

Personally, I park and go to the room if I've done online CI. I seem to have a door problem every trip recently. Not fun to be trying to manage stuff while waiting for a door to be fixed. On our VGF March trip our keys had to be fixed 3 times. In retrospect our reservation had been combined from 3 separate reservations - wonder if something went wrong?

Whether I use BS also depends on how much stuff I have. Short stay - stuff what I need in my backpack. Longer stay, full blown unload.

I'm always offered assistance. On 'bigger' trips with loads of people and junk, I want help and I tip well. I never want anyone parking or driving my car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter