cheapest gatorland tickets

AnnMorin

<font color=babyblue>I HATE SNOW!!!<br><font color
I checked out ticketmania and have seen online other places some coupons for gatorland. Anyone know where to get the cheapest tickets? We are thinking of going there after our cruise in December. thanks Ann
ps... anyone know how far it is from Port Canaveral to gatorland and from Gatorland to orlando int'l airport (we plan on geting off the ship spending part of the day there and then flying home)

Don't do it. I used my Orlando MagiCard for a 20% discount and still spent $70 with tax to get in for 2 adults and 2 children. It is just a bunch of gators in ponds throughout the park. Some ponds looked empty....Had a neat water spary area, got that for free at our hotel...to have a pic with a gator was extra$$$...I was going out of my gord after a 1/2 hour. Campy, cute, but I probably would only pay about 5 bucks for the experience.

We went to a beach for free, and that was our best non park experience.

Good luck

WOW $70.00 just for admission? I was under the impression it was only like ten dollars per person at the most.

Thanks Joe, that would run me about 39.00 for the three of us,, a lot better than 70!

Can anyone tell me how long Billy Boy's has been in business ? At the prices they offer, I'd love to know how they exist !

AnnMorin,
Personally I think you are better off doing Kennedy Space Center than Gatorland. If you want to see gator's just check out some of the local ponds /lakes ! I've got one outside my house and I won't even charge you to look at it ;)

I really do agree with Iowagirl...it really is a waste of money and time. From Canaveral to Gatorland you are looking at an hour..about 50 miles. Then to go back to the airport another 30 mins. The choice is yours :)

How much time does it take to do the space center? I am thinking of a 2:45 flight home so that does not give us more than half a day somewhere. We get off the ship at 8am.

Space Center is 1/2 to 3/4 of a day. You really have to do one of the tours to get the best out of the day so I guess you'd be very hard pushed if your flight is at that time. Maybe you'd be better checking some of the attractions on I-Drive....you could find plenty to do for the family there. Some might want to go to Wet N Wild, others the Mercado Centre (Titanic exibition, etc) whilst others might like to go shopping.

we're going to do Gatorland this summer! :-)

The Orlando Entertainment Book has Buy ONe Get One Free admissions for Gatorland--but probably wouldn't help you if you're only in Orlando for the half a day. The Gatorland site has discount coupoons for $3 off per person up to 6 people.

If you get off the boat at 8, and assuming luggage transfer takes awhile--and if you assume a 1:00 airport arrive for a 2:45 flight it sounds to me like you realistically only have a couple of hours to spend someplace. The Orlando Science Museum is very good; Orlando WonderWorks has some neat hands-on exhibits and lasertag and Downtown Disney would provice some leg stretching and things to do...

Disney's disembarkation is the best I have ever seen. Our luggage will have already been removed from the boat and ready for us the moment we are off the ship. I expect to be in the rental car at the latest 8:30 (that is how it worked the past two cruises) so we will have several hours to kill, did the downtown disney thing last year. DS really wanted to go to gatorland but now I am leaning towards no after the poor reviews. :(
Glad I have seven months to figure this out still

I'll let give you a write-up of how it is from the perspective of my 15yo DS and 7 yo DD after August, if you'd like.:D

I am going to go against the flow here and put in a word for Gatorland as I always find it an enjoyable and unusual experience (especially coming from the UK). Apart from the rather tired and old-fashioned exterior, which does make it look like some kind of 1950s roadside attraction, it is a fairly modern and well-worked exhibit, IMHO, that has been seriously overhauled in recent years. Admittedly, it is best in the spring and early summer when the Boardwalk is surrounded by hundreds of nesting birds which provide great up-close viewing, but there is a lot crammed into the 50 acres here and it can be quite educational (as well as mildly hair-rasing) if you take in all four shows. Kids all seem to enjoy the water-play area, the petting zoo (no, not gators, but goats and baby deer!), lorakeet aviary and snake exhibits, and Gatorland is in the process of adding several new animal exhibits (giant tortoises and some more birds, I think), on top of Judy the Florida bear, their turtles and baby gator pens. It is pretty small-scale by most zoo standards, but, if you stop to talk to any of the Gatorland staff (who are all trained to be very personable and 'interactive') you will learn a lot about all the exhibits, too. After the static exhibits, there is then a mini-railroad which runs right around the park, including into the 'backlot' which you can't see on foot, where you will get a slice of real Florida countryside (definitely not the Disney version) and more animal encounters, including the cute Florida deer, while the spiel of the train driver is usually quite fun. If you arrive early in the morning, take the Swamp Trail into another part of the backlot, where you can walk along some really quiet paths and perhaps meet a few more Florida natives, like armadillos and raccoons, out in their natural habitat (and Gatorland very much puts the accent on the natural). Once you have ridden the train and walked the walk, try the Boardwalk for size, with its Observation Tower where you can look down on dozens and dozens of seriously-sized gators all longing for someone to 'drop in' for lunch! Once again, the naturalistic aspect of the park is extremely well done here, and you do get the feel of being out in the native wilds of Florida, surrounded by its oldest inhabitants.

Then you go on to the shows. The Gator Jumparoo (3 times a day) is their oldest and most standard offering, a hit-or-miss affair whereby some of the largest denizens of the main pond out front are tempted to 'jump' up (using their tails) and grab tasty morsels (namely whole chickens) from a line above the pond, while one of the gator handlers seemingly risks losing a limb at any moment (and they are also working on ways to have some audience participation here - if you are brave enough). You will also learn that gators can be trained to obey some basic commands, which comes as quite an astonishing fact, at least to me! The only drawback here is that in the winter months, the gators get cold and disinclined to 'jump' for their food, hence they are working on other ways to get some activity here. The second show is the Upclose Animal Encounters (also 3 times daily), including a 5-minute pre-show whereby various audience members are variously amused and victimized! The show itself features a variety of creatures from spiders and roaches to large snakes, and there is some educational content for those who want to know more about what snakes to be wary of. From there, you go on the Gator Wrestling (again a 3-timer), another Gatorland staple, but one which takes some believing sometimes as the gator wrestlers (or 'wranglers') seem to be taking great risk of life and limb as they demonstrate the likes and dislikes of various gators (up to six feet in length). There is Florida's only female 'wrangler' here too, which adds a new twist to the attraction. All the time, the staff keep up a highly educational (and quite fun) commentary about gators and their habits, and I'm sure even the locals would be surprised by some of the message here. Finally, Jungle Crocs of the World (twice daily) is part exhibit and part show at the back of the park, with a series of pens designed to show off crocs from places like Cuba, Egypt and Australia, and the animal handlers get really up close and personal with many of them. Again, you'll learn about Gatorland's unique training programme (for the gators, not the staff!) and marvel at how apparently insane they are for getting anywhere near these seriously lethal creatures.

Having talked extensively to many of the staff (and watch out, in particular for senior Gator men Tim Williams and Flavio, who all really know their stuff), I am aware of just how much you can learn from your time here, and much of what they can tell you is seriously surprising.

But don't just take my word for it.....................!

In all seriousness, I believe there is a lot more to Gatorland these days than first meets the eye, and it can be a highly entertaining half day. Their website - www.gatorland.com - offers $3 off the full $19.95 adult admission ($9.95 for 3-12s), and is also worth checking out for the full picture of what's there. You probably won't do it justice in just 2 hours (and you certainly won't see all the shows), hence I reckons you need 5 hours or so to get your money's worth. There is also a small outdoor snack bar and picnic deck, plus the usual gift shop and gator photo opportunity. It is easy to find just off Highway 192, Osceola Parkway and the Greenway (417) and is only 10 minutes or so from the airport.

Now, back to the Unbelievers.... :)

I'm not going to argue with any of that.....you've almost got me thinking of visiting there this weekend ;)

Thanks Simon! Now I am going back to plan "A" and giving gatorland a try! Now.... for the cheapest tickets... should I trust that BillyBoys? Has anyone used them?

I haven't heard of Billy Boys at all before and I usually work on the theory that if something sounds too good to be tru, it probably is. I would stick with the tried and trusted outlets like Ticket mania or just use Gatorland's money-off coupon. That brings the price down to $16.99, and I know I wouldn't worry about a $1.50 difference just for peace of mind.

SimonV,
Thanks for referring me to this link on Gatorland. We are still contemplating whether to go to Gatorland or not, depending on our schedule. Our fam definitely wants to see the beaches out there at least on one day, so Gatorland is still a question mark at this time.

In all seriousness, if we decided not to go to Gatorland, is there any places down there where we can try Gatorburgers, or the like? I was reading the Gatorland website on how that had food made from Gators. Sounds exotic.

Well, I know Pearl's Smokehouse offers Gator Nuggets, but I wouldn't exactly call them a delicacy. They are certainly different to chicken nuggets, but there's not a lot else to say about the cuisine on offer!

AnnMorin,

I purchased two adult tickets from ticketmania in January and I don't think that it cost me any more than $30 and that was including shipping to the UK. I've red a few negative reports about Gatorland on these boards but we are just going to give it a try in October.

They are the same place. We once forgot to order tickets in advance and called the *800 when we got to Orlando and it turned out to be Billy Bob's. Very nice people !! Would not hesitate to recommend them.

As far as I know Billy Boy's and Ticketmania are different companies.

In response to an earlier post Billy Boy's site say they have been in the same location for over 20 years. I don't know if they have been selling ticktets that long though. They have other things like a big fruit stand and things like that at their location.

I have dealt with them quite a few times and have never had a problem with them and would recommend them to anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest