• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheap Gas!

LGTripletdad

Earning My Ears
For those of you considering driving, I live between Atlanta and Macon Ga and gas prices in my area are less than $ 1.00 per gallon. Infact one store was .93/gal. I just hope prices are like this on my way down. DW and boys and myself leave out for Disney on Sunday. I'll let you know how the trip goes.

you get into the Disney area....I know in Jacksonville which isn't too far
from you I think I got gas for 1.12...

I love cheap gas....Have a great trip!
HC

ON our last trip down from SC we found Jacksonville to be the most expensive gas on the trip. I'm not kidding when I say it was 40 cents more in Jacksonville. We felt like suckers. Drive 5 miles down the road and it was 40 cents cheaper.

We are driving down the end of the month, and just today I said to my husband I Love these gas prices, then I told him that if he thought this was a good price just wait til we get to GA. I bet they have gas for less than a dollar, he laughed at me! LGTtipletdad Thank you for posting this! I have driven down a few times before however this will be DH first time driving down.:) :)

I'm jealous! We pay about 1.50 per gallon for regular unleaded last I checked. Don't even remember it being less than a 1.00 in Ca. for years : (

Jenn

We always top off before crossing the GA-FL border. Gas can vary by as much as 30 cents per gallon once you hit the FL border.

Thanks for the heads up! I live in TN and right now it is $1.09 here.

If you lived in England you would pay £3.00 per gallon, about $4.20. 80% of this is tax to the government, plus we pay a yearly road tax which is around £150.00 per year (although this is being adjusted to the size of the engine).

We just could not afford to run a large car here, but when we go to Florida, we get the biggest we can!

regards

Pat

is more expensive but if you don't mind and drive off the highway a mile
or 2 it does get cheaper...
Any stations along the highway are more...that I have found anyway...

I'm just glad I'm not having to pay Englands prices...although I would love to visit you lovely country!
HC

We drove from Delaware last week. I stopped in JAX for coffee and gas was $1.59 per gallon. I stopped at the airport exit. I noticed as I continued down 95 the prices went more normal like $1.17-$1.23 per gallon. It's amazing the markup that the airport gas stations do for returning rental cars. Even the gas stations right outside of Hotel Plaza Blvd in Downtown Disney were that high. The Exxon across from Downtown Disney and MGM and Magic Kingdom were a little better at $1.29 and the ones on I drive near Universal were $1.15.

Mike

I filled up this morning in Dallas Texas... 1.05 a gallon. I was tickeled pink.

I filled up yesterday for $102.9 in New Orleans, but that was at Sam's Club. I just love Sam's!!

Here is Greenville, its about 96 cents a gallon...makes me want to travel. Oh wait we are...going to Disney in a Week (for a week) then Universal in December....at least I'm doing my part to pump money into the economy.

I bought gas today for 96.9 cents/gallon here in middle Tennessee. The regular price was 99.9 cents but I got 3 cents off with my Kroger card.

Top off the tank in GA. Due to lower gas taxes and such, Georgia has some of the least expensive gas in the USA. I'ts not bad here in Tampa ($1.09 - $1.11 a gallon), but you can't beat the low 90s that you will find in GA.

I'm at OKW now and for anyone coming down I-95 stop off at exit #3 in South Geogia we got gas for .95/gallon at the Race Trac station. Diesel is a $1.10/gal. The best I've seen around Disney, is on #535 about a .5 mile from Cross Roads Shopping Center towards 192, is 1.10gal at Hess.

Grateful

is in Valdosta. Take I-75 to exit #18 (new exit number) and go east about 3 or 4 blocks to the Super K-Mart. Sometimes they run a "BlueLight Special" and knock off an extra .05 per gallon. This is a good exit for eating lunch. It is about 3-1/2 hours from Atlanta and has some of every kind of restaurant available. From fast food to Ruby Tuesdays and The Ole Time Country Buffet for vegie's. There are also several "motels" at this exit such as Holiday Inn Express, etc. It is about 3 to 3-1/2 hours from Orlando.

I live in Fayetteville (way off of the interstate!) and the Marathon station had gas @ $.92 on Sunday. Sam's Club was $.91. So you could expect about the same in Valdosta now.

I went to Jacksonville today for my Disney Store fix and I saw a huge range in gas prices. In Brunswick GA (exit 36 on I-95) the gas was 97.9 cents/gallon. In St. Marys, GA (exit 1) gas was selling for 89.9 cents/gallon. In Jacksonville at the airport the gas was 1.49 and further south it was running 1.17. Gas up in Georgia and save a few cents!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter