Che Fartsmith's Is the (Starts with B) Trash! No, BEST! 2 weeks of Disney Dining! Update: 10/28

So, our first trip, Morgan was 5 and Gwen was 2 turning 3 in 1 month. So, a year older than Jocelyn will be for your trip. I do think Disneyland will be easier if you have a hotel close by. There are so many so close by that going back for naps and stuff will be a breeze compared to Disney World! We were big on naps and honestly at that age they were VERY NEEDED!!! But my girls NEVER slept in strollers. Especially in the park. there was too much to see and do. Some kids will and I have to assume makes things easier.

Jocelyn HATES naps, and most days it's a battle to get her to take one... I think she's only fallen asleep twice in her stroller (outside of the infant stage).

We did book a Good Neighbour hotel right across the street - it seemed worth it with the stroller and a toddler!

I love seeing your dad getting all into the Disney magic!

I think he was surprised with how much he was enjoying it!

January 6, 2018 - Evening Eats

Luke and his family ended up back at Disney Springs while my Dad and I were at the basketball game. The four of them split these two delicious desserts from Amorette’s – the Key Lime Cheesecake and the Mickey Mousse. They didn’t get counted in our food budget, as Luke didn’t pay for them. I’ve had the Mickey Mousse before, and it’s very good. According to Luke, that key lime cheesecake is amazing.

9AD49721-A3EE-4D38-86C8-D528F5320B7B-e1634962604860.jpg

They decided on something quick, easy and inexpensive for supper, and ended up at Earl of Sandwich. I have no photos, and no idea what kinds of sandwiches Luke purchased, but I do know he bought two of them – one to eat now and one to bring back to the room to eat tomorrow afternoon after the marathon.​

Predicted food budget: $2631.67 (does not include tip)
Estimated Cost of this meal: $31.95 (We had no idea where Luke would end up eating, so we just estimated $30) Actual Cost: $17.02 (2 sandwiches)
Over/Under: Under by $14.93
Remaining: $1285.95

While at the NBA game, my Dad and I grabbed food from some place called Gringos Locos inside Anway Centre – I took a picture of the name, but no pictures of our food. Dad actually paid for my food, so I didn’t include this in the food budget for Luke and I.

IMG_0045.jpg

After being dropped off at Disney Springs, we decided we wanted a drink and a small snack, and since no one had any suggestions I led us to Homecomin’. By this point, it was fairly late so we had no trouble walking up and getting a table immediately for the four of us (myself, my Dad, Lisa and Trevor).

Our server, Anthony, was a little intense at first, trying to explain the entire menu, offering recommendations for food and drink despite us saying we were just there for something small. He finally got around to asking if we had ate at Homecomin’ before, and everyone looked at me. I explained that I had just been there less than a week earlier, and we would be back on the upcoming Wednesday for my wedding reception. He was so excited about this, and was full of questions for me the rest of the night. I was a little put-off by this guy at the beginning but by the end of this meal I ended up loving him – he genuinely cared about his job and the food he was serving. He made a comment at one point about going to check his schedule to see if he was working Wednesday so he could try and serve my Wedding – he must have asked because, spoiler alert – he was one of the designated servers assigned to our private reception.

For this meal, I went with my favourite, the Moonshine Mash – watermelon infused moonshine, fresh watermelon, lime juice and simple syrup, $12, and Dad had a can of Michelob Ultra (his beer of choice at the time). We decided to share the Thigh-High Chicken Biscuits – three biscuits topped with Chef Art Smith’s famous fried chicken thighs and bread and butter pickles. Drizzled with honey, $15. I also had to get another piece of Chocolate Pecan Pie – a 100 year-old traditional Smith Family Farm recipe. Served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, $10. It’s just sooo good! I don’t remember what Lisa and Trevor had, and I didn’t take a single picture of our food – I only have a picture of our receipt haha. Also – Anthony gave us a discount on our meal, despite the fact that I didn’t have my Tables in Wonderland card with me – which was so nice of him, and not something he had to do! It was an employee friends and family discount of some sort, and was an even larger discount than my TIW would have been.​

Estimated Cost of this meal: $0 – not planned
Actual Cost:
$31.68
Over/Under: Over by $31.68
Remaining: $1254.27

Last edited:
Mmmmmmm, Primetime Pot Roast. We eat there on every trip because I love that dish so much! So glad I was able to get us a reservation there for December!

After hearing the description of each item I decided on the Chicken and Waffles ($16), and a glass of apple juice ($3.59).

IMG_9961.jpg
This looks ah-maz-ing. Fried chicken and mickey waffles!!!! This should definitely be on every Disney breakfast menu

I'm now half-way through this dining report (only took me 3.5 years :rolleyes1 ) -maybe I'll have it finished before our 5 year wedding anniversary haha...
I'm so lost I thought this was our trip together, not your wedding :rotfl2: But at least with your timing you are making my 6-9 month long dining reports look good

Dad was loving this place, he was laughing and smiling the entire time he was setting the table.

D725DD98-D739-4959-B55C-E8D0FAFD85A3-e1578267682250.jpeg
Oh your Dad looks so happy. Great call not telling him what he was in store for first

We decided to share the Thigh-High Chicken Biscuits – three biscuits topped with Chef Art Smith’s famous fried chicken thighs and bread and butter pickles. Drizzled with honey, $15
These are one of my all time favorite Disney things. $5 for each of these beauties is a complete and utter steal

Hi! Remember me? It's only been a bit over 2.5 years since I updated this dining report :sad2:

Most of the information in here is outdated (prices definitely are!) - but I am determined to see this through! So here we go with a dining report from a trip that happened 6.5 years ago....

Sunshine Seasons - January 7, 2018

I had ate at Sunshine Seasons back in 2016, and enjoyed my meal so I decided to get the exact same thing haha.

Pork Chop with BBQ Sauce and two sides (mashed potatoes and green beans) – $13.99

IMG_0066.jpg

This doesn’t look all that appetizing, but it really was quite good! And yes, I like pepper and coated everything in a generous serving of it haha – I do that with a lot of food (I just typically take my photos before dumping pepper all over it). The potatoes were creamy, the pork was juicy and the green beans…. were standard Disney green beans. I ate the majority of this plate.

I also grabbed a Coconut Macaroon – $3.49

IMG_0067.jpg

I’m definitely in the minority with this hot take, but a macaroon is far superior to a macaron.

This was tasty – not dried out at all, and just the right amount of chocolate.

I enjoyed this meal in the company of Jill, Devin and Larissa. Jill had the same thing I did, and the other two ordered two of the vegan selections offered that day – I didn’t take pictures of other people’s food.​

No Table in Wonderland savings offered here.

Estimated Cost of this meal: $22.12
Actual Cost: $18.62
Over/Under: Under by $3.50
Remaining: $1235.65

Last edited:
Casey's Corner - January 7, 2018

After Lisa, Trevor and my Dad spotted the foot long hotdogs and decided they wanted one, we placed Mobile Orders for Casey’s Corner. I had actually never ate here (I’m not a huge hotdog fan), but I was interested in trying their fries! I’ve rarely met a french fry I didn’t love – and I knew Casey’s had shoestring fries – my favourite! Plus it had been like 3.5 hours since I’d last ate haha.

My Dad and I decided to share an All Beef Foot-Long Hot Dog and an order of French Fries – $11.70 total. From the most updated costs I can find, these same two items would now cost $17.28 before tax - that's a huge increase! I realize this dining report was 6.5 years ago, but even today they would still be making a massive profit selling a hot dog and fries for $12....

IMG_0082.jpg

I only had a bite or two of the hotdog, and about a third of the fries. The hotdog tasted like a hotdog, and the fries were good! The bottle of water in the picture was one my Dad had brought from the hotel room, it was one from the welcome bags we gave everyone.

Would I go back to Casey’s? I did on our 2019 trip with Luke. At today’s prices though – probably not. I can find something much better than a hotdog for that price.​

Actual Cost: $11.70 (Used mobile ordering)
Over/Under: Over by $11.70
Remaining: $1223.95

Last edited:
Aloha Isle - January 7, 2018

After Splash Mountain, we decided to grab a snack and went to Aloha Isle. The line was quite long, so I used mobile ordering, and bought myself a regular Dole Whip, which I shared with my Dad. I think Jill and Lisa also each got one – but I have no photos to prove this, only a picture of mine –

IMG_0085.jpg

This was as delicious as always! It’s not a Disney trip unless you’ve had a Dole Whip (or three or four haha).

This was $4.78 in 2018 (after tax) - and in 2024 prices, the same thing costs $5.99 (before tax).

I forgot how terrible my skin was around the time of our wedding - I had been diagnosed with psoriasis in 2017 so we were still trying to find the proper medication to treat both that and my Crohn's at the same time... looking back at old pictures makes me so happy it's completely under control now!​

Actual Cost: $4.78 (Used mobile ordering)
Over/Under: Over by $4.78
Remaining: $1219.17

Last edited:

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest