Characters and deck Parties?

Ohmymonty

Mouseketeer
Hey all! I know things are changing by the minute here but wondering if there's any reliable sources out here on this?

I'm currently awaiting my 4/23 fantasy sailing and want to be as prepared as I can be, especially since I'm bringing a first timer with me.

My travel agent called to check about Pirate Night for the 4/23 sailing and was told the deck party would be happening and that it would be 4/26. She also said they are only doing the one firework show. Slightly problematic on our end because I have our Remy dinner scheduled that night at 8.

Contrary to what we're hearing onboard now, the cast member told my travel agent that our 4/23 sailing would have distanced meet and greets and that the non-distanced meet and greets are only in the parks. This makes a difference on whether or not I'm going to buy a photo package ahead of time, so I wish I could know for sure and possibly save some money. I'm hoping anyone setting sail after 4/18 could send an update for us all waiting shore side!

Crossing all my fingers and toes someone knows something haha 😄

Yes this is different to what I have heard onboard. I will try and find out some more info and let you know

Take what DCL people on the phone lines tell you with a grain of salt. They are NOTORIOUS for giving out incorrect information.

"As early as April 18, we will start reintroducing traditional character greetings at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts, as well as aboard Disney Cruise Line."
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...greetings-returning-to-u-s-sites-this-spring/

I would go with the information posted by Disney Parks Blog (official) over the DCL cm.

I agree with you, but the language of that announcement leaves a lot of wiggle room. "We will start to reintroduce greetings as early as April 18" could, in theory, still allow much later starts in some settings.

OP, unless something has changed recently, you can cancel your photo package for a refund anytime before the last day of the cruise. Maybe buy it upfront and plan to cancel if you don't get the character photos you're hoping for?

Take what DCL people on the phone lines tell you with a grain of salt. They are NOTORIOUS for giving out incorrect information.

"As early as April 18, we will start reintroducing traditional character greetings at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts, as well as aboard Disney Cruise Line."
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...greetings-returning-to-u-s-sites-this-spring/

I would go with the information posted by Disney Parks Blog (official) over the DCL cm.
Agree. I called right before our cruise to see when formal night and pirate night would be. Neither were on the night the phone cm told me.

Agree. I called right before our cruise to see when formal night and pirate night would be. Neither were on the night the phone cm told me.
This is encouraging. Someone from my Facebook page said formal and pirate night would be back to back and on our port days. She reported this after phoning. I find those dates odd because aren’t they usually night 2 and 4 on 7 night sailings?

I agree with you, but the language of that announcement leaves a lot of wiggle room. "We will start to reintroduce greetings as early as April 18" could, in theory, still allow much later starts in some settings.

OP, unless something has changed recently, you can cancel your photo package for a refund anytime before the last day of the cruise. Maybe buy it upfront and plan to cancel if you don't get the character photos you're hoping for?
Agreed! there's so much room for interpretation in that, the more I read it the more I could see how they may not be available on the cruise. But I also have trouble imagining logic that would ok a deck party but deny a character meet and greet. But, then again, they're not asking me. :)

I like your idea about the photo pass! This will give us time to see the photos we're getting too. Thanks!
This is encouraging. Someone from my Facebook page said formal and pirate night would be back to back and on our port days. She reported this after phoning. I find those dates odd because aren’t they usually night 2 and 4 on 7 night sailings?
Yeah, I always thought pirate night ended up on day night 4, so when I phoned and was told 4/26, I thought "Oh that makes sense." If they are back to back, maybe they moved formal night? I had a few cruises before where I remember hearing people talk about how they were surprised when formal night was. I don't know, just shooting random thoughts out there.

We went on a 7 night WC. It was our 3rd WC cruise. Formal night was on the first seaday and pirate night was the night when we went to Cozumel. This is the same as when we did our 2 previous WC. I had read on fb that they were changing things around because of covid, so when the CM told me they were on different nights I thought that was why. Turns out nothing had changed. Info posted here is much more accurate than what cms often say.

Oh 100% it doesn't say they return ON April 18th. Just as early as April 18. We're just choosing to try and be hopeful that they will be back soon. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter