• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Meet Info

EdnaMarieMode

DIS Veteran
I haven't planned/ sheduled many character meets since DS11 and DD14 were little but on our last trip, we did visit a few with them and DS2 and DS2 LOVED it. On this upcoming trip I'm hoping to see a few of the newer ones or those we didn't meet last time but I'm trying to keep my expectations realistic.

Can anyone share info on roughly how long the line took to meet these characters (time of day would be helpful as well):

-Edna Mode (this is all for me, not even going to try to pretend DH or DS2 are invested in this one!)
-Mike & Sully
-Ralph & Vanellope

Also, any advice about seeing Kevin? I know she doesn't have a regular meeting place and to see her on Discovery Island but should I expect to see her if we wander around Discovery Island for roughly half an hour or so in the morning?

I haven't planned/ sheduled many character meets since DS11 and DD14 were little but on our last trip, we did visit a few with them and DS2 and DS2 LOVED it. On this upcoming trip I'm hoping to see a few of the newer ones or those we didn't meet last time but I'm trying to keep my expectations realistic.

Can anyone share info on roughly how long the line took to meet these characters (time of day would be helpful as well):

-Edna Mode (this is all for me, not even going to try to pretend DH or DS2 are invested in this one!)
-Mike & Sully
-Ralph & Vanellope

Also, any advice about seeing Kevin? I know she doesn't have a regular meeting place and to see her on Discovery Island but should I expect to see her if we wander around Discovery Island for roughly half an hour or so in the morning?

We met Ralph and Vanellope with no wait right after 9am.

We missed Mike and Sulley, due to the meet closing at 6pm. Same for Edna.

We actually happened across Kevin as she made her way through the park. It was completely by chance. I think it was probably around 1:30.

We met Ralph and Vanellope with no wait right after 9am.

We missed Mike and Sulley, due to the meet closing at 6pm. Same for Edna.

We actually happened across Kevin as she made her way through the park. It was completely by chance. I think it was probably around 1:30.

Awesome, thanks!

I was at Hollywood Studios on Monday, March 4th...

Mike & Sully had consistently a 45-minute wait for most of the day. I’ve heard reports that the line gets better after 4;00 pm or so, but I had other plans and didn’t make it back to check.

For Edna, gah - she has a “manual” sign out front that someone can easily manipulate. When I walked over to check it out, the wait time said 15 minutes. “Not bad,” I thought, so I hopped into line. And then saw how long - and slow moving - the line was. I finally commented on it to the family in front of me, and the woman said she had seen a teenaged guest flip the sign when he walked by. GAH. So, that 15-minute wait was easily 30-minutes - but it was worth it!

Today, I was at Animal Kingdom. I left Expedition Everest around 11:35 am to head to Tiffins for lunch, when I accidentally bumped into Kevin right outside the bird show theater. What a delight! Got some great pictures; Kevin likes to pose. :)

I was at Hollywood Studios on Monday, March 4th...

Mike & Sully had consistently a 45-minute wait for most of the day. I’ve heard reports that the line gets better after 4;00 pm or so, but I had other plans and didn’t make it back to check.

For Edna, gah - she has a “manual” sign out front that someone can easily manipulate. When I walked over to check it out, the wait time said 15 minutes. “Not bad,” I thought, so I hopped into line. And then saw how long - and slow moving - the line was. I finally commented on it to the family in front of me, and the woman said she had seen a teenaged guest flip the sign when he walked by. GAH. So, that 15-minute wait was easily 30-minutes - but it was worth it!

Today, I was at Animal Kingdom. I left Expedition Everest around 11:35 am to head to Tiffins for lunch, when I accidentally bumped into Kevin right outside the bird show theater. What a delight! Got some great pictures; Kevin likes to pose. :)

Great info! Thanks!
I'm figuring about 30 minutes per meet for each of these (might bump up Mike & Sully or try to go later but it is at least air conditioned so . . . ). Sounds like I'm on the right track to bump into Kevin as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter