Character Dining and Autographs?

MickeyMouseCD524

DIS Veteran
So were meeting up with the little ones on our trip later on this year, and last time they were there the characters at one of the dining locations wouldn't sign their books because they were handing out autograph cards. And then there came tears and we had to re-meet all the characters again so they could sign there books. I've seen conflicting reports so wanted to ask is this still going on, are the characters still refusing to sign at meals?

I would love to know, because it's not worth the premium of a character meal if we have to go re-meet everyone so they can sign their books.

Depends on the character and meal and sometimes even day of week. If they have a friend in training having to fill in, signatures may not happen.

Depends on the character and meal and sometimes even day of week. If they have a friend in training having to fill in, signatures may not happen.

But that's a rarity. But there was a pilot program that was going on while we were there last time and I'm trying to figure out if that's still going on or if it was permanently put into place.

My kids don’t do autographs, but I do know last week at one of our character meals, they gave out autograph cards - I want to say it was Crystal Palace or Tusker House.

My kids don’t do autographs, but I do know last week at one of our character meals, they gave out autograph cards - I want to say it was Crystal Palace or Tusker House.

Those are the two character meals on our agenda. That will not go over well with my kids if that's the case when we go in May.

I did Tusker House and Crystal Palace in November. No autograph cards, I was told the pilot project had been cancelled.

The only places where you still got autographs at that point were some lines at the Halloween/Christmas parties (Jack & Sally and Pooh and Gang) and for some reason that I did not grasp at Tiana's Riverboat Ice Cream Social.

Some places do a card in addition to signing autographs. Bon voyage did this in July. I want to say Crystal Palace did in July too. But they all still signed when they came around.

The test was of no autographs at all was a short lived failure.

Sorry! It was OLAF! We visited him at DHS. We did so many character dining experiences and meet and greets this trip, it’s all jumbled...it just hit me - it was the Olaf meet and greet. They handed the people looking for signatures a signed circular thing. It looked cute & kind of cool - even though we don’t do signatures, I was tempted to ask for one...lol.

Sorry! It was OLAF! We visited him at DHS. We did so many character dining experiences and meet and greets this trip, it’s all jumbled...it just hit me - it was the Olaf meet and greet. They handed the people looking for signatures a signed circular thing. It looked cute & kind of cool - even though we don’t do signatures, I was tempted to ask for one...lol.
Got it! He didn’t give us an autograph either. I was a bit bummed for a second ‘cause I had seen pictures online of items that he obviously did sign on. When I asked if he could autograph his handler said “no, he can’t read” :rotfl:.

Last edited:
Got it! He didn’t give us an autograph either. I was a bit bummed for a second ‘cause I had seen pictures online of items that he obviously did sign on. When I asked if he could autograph his handler said “no, he can’t read” :rotfl:.

He signed when he first started greeting. My kids saw him his first day and he did a super cute stick drawing of himself with his head falling off. But at some point he switched to the cards and they are not as special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter