Changes to ILL & Genie+ starting 2/25

so you could get LL for slinky all the way upto 12-40. It’s normally gone by 7-01
Here's the data. Slinky was basically gone by 8:30 this morning, but had a couple available options throughout the morning.

So many of the top rides were still out by 11am.

Screenshot_20220225-133523.png

Screenshot_20220225-133931.png

On MDE go to "Tip Board". You can see an attraction's standby wait time, when their G+ return time would be or if there are ILLs available.

when I go to tip board it just keeps saying sometching went wrong, please try again

any idea why that would be, I thought it would be because I don’t have tickets valid for today

Six Flags is even worse. Last summer, bought a discounted season pass for ~$60, but when my daughter went, she got to go on 3 rides all day due to long lines. Flash Passes (3 tiers) are $70-$200/pp. I was thinking that the base ticket is priced cheap to suck you in the door.

So I got sticker shock from six flags over this. I was looking to bring my son to six flags when he was visiting. I remember all the screaming about Disney prices at the time and I figured a local six flags part would be dirt cheap.... and it was.

Until I went to add in the Flash Pass..... When I added Flash Pass and parking and all those goodies, by bill for 3 people was well over 1K for a single bloody day. That was NOT a hotel stay. That was my LOCAL six flags park.

So yeah....

when I go to tip board it just keeps saying sometching went wrong, please try again
any idea why that would be, I thought it would be because I don’t have tickets valid for today
Hmmmm…I don’t have tickets. In fact I’m checking from my home in NC. Maybe delete the app and reinstall????

Are you outside the U.S. by any chance? Some international folks have reported they can't access Tip Board from their location. FYI I was able to get in just now and I don't have tickets.

I think this is great news because it adds to the G+ pool. The pickings won't run out so fast, and headliners will be available for a longer time.
This is, one suspects, Disney's plan. But two concerns. (1) Disney will likely increase the price of Genie+ along with this change, or probably soon thereafter. (2) With more premium rides included, more people are going to be enticed to buy Genie+ (especially if I'm wrong about point 1). Those additional people in the Genie+ pool will offset any possible gains in headliner availability.

FYI: Was able to call Disney and get Genie + added to my trip with no increase to my ticket price.

Our trip is end of April, everything was already booked but I was putting off adding Genie + because I couldn't figure out if we would want to use it every day. Finally, after discussing last night we decide to just get it, since this is a once in a lifetime trip (we live outside of US), and it's only the two of us (my fiance and I). We figured even if it lets us not wait in line for three rides a day, that's time we can spend walking around, snacking, and discovering.

OF COURSE right after we decide this I see the news (I've been obsessively checking everything of course). I figured we should book it ASAP because I have a sneaking suspicion the cost will rise. I go on to mydisney app/website and the website won't let me add Genie +. So I start to panic thinking that I won't be able to do it without paying more for our tickets. I start panicking thinking about what if they actually run out of Genie+ once we're there or raise the price.

Called Disney and after 40 min got on the phone with an amazing cast member, she added Genie+ no problem, no extra ticket price, no nothing. She also added a note in our file that we were celebrating a birthday (even though I explained my birthday was way back in June but our trip had been delayed).

All that to say, if the new news has made you want to add genie+ to your trip, and you're having issues with the app or website, I highly recommend calling Disney and asking a cast member to add it.

FYI: Was able to call Disney and get Genie + added to my trip with no increase to my ticket price.

Our trip is end of April, everything was already booked but I was putting off adding Genie + because I couldn't figure out if we would want to use it every day. Finally, after discussing last night we decide to just get it, since this is a once in a lifetime trip (we live outside of US), and it's only the two of us (my fiance and I). We figured even if it lets us not wait in line for three rides a day, that's time we can spend walking around, snacking, and discovering.

OF COURSE right after we decide this I see the news (I've been obsessively checking everything of course). I figured we should book it ASAP because I have a sneaking suspicion the cost will rise. I go on to mydisney app/website and the website won't let me add Genie +. So I start to panic thinking that I won't be able to do it without paying more for our tickets. I start panicking thinking about what if they actually run out of Genie+ once we're there or raise the price.

Called Disney and after 40 min got on the phone with an amazing cast member, she added Genie+ no problem, no extra ticket price, no nothing. She also added a note in our file that we were celebrating a birthday (even though I explained my birthday was way back in June but our trip had been delayed).

All that to say, if the new news has made you want to add genie+ to your trip, and you're having issues with the app or website, I highly recommend calling Disney and asking a cast member to add it.

You mean it was $15 still, or you got it freely added?

Interesting data at thrill-data.com for the 4 ILL$ today.

All 4 (Rise, Remy, 7DMT, FoP) show no availability by 7:10 am. Yet all 4 show sporadic availability as late as 8:40 am.

Moral of the story: Don't give up if you try at 7am and fail. It pays to be persistent. (Actually I guess YOU pay if you are persistent since it is ILL$ we are talking about.)

Hmmmm…I don’t have tickets. In fact I’m checking from my home in NC. Maybe delete the app and reinstall????
Yes mine works fine checking too and I find it interesting and it’s helping me decide which rides to select first and which seem to be available for earlier times for a good part of the day. It’ll be good to see how it trends especially a week before.

When I first open App, directly under my name is a blue box saying something about Genie. Give the app a second to load Fully. When I click that, it says 2 choices and one is “go to tip board” . Maybe the person trying to find it can try it that way.

Interesting data at thrill-data.com for the 4 ILL$ today.

All 4 (Rise, Remy, 7DMT, FoP) show no availability by 7:10 am. Yet all 4 show sporadic availability as late as 8:40 am.

Moral of the story: Don't give up if you try at 7am and fail. It pays to be persistent. (Actually I guess YOU pay if you are persistent since it is ILL$ we are talking about.)

Over on this thread, it looks like Rise ILL$ became available in the afternoon too for a few minutes - at least from 4:47 to 4:59 -
https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-big-g-rides-at-hs-gone-by-1-07.3871654/post-63799404 (4:47)
https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-big-g-rides-at-hs-gone-by-1-07.3871654/post-63799437 (4:59) so it was available for >10 mins by the looks of it late afternoon.

You mean it was $15 still, or you got it freely added?

It was still 15$ per person per park day. But some people have thought that because of recent ticket price increases, you might be forced into purchasing a pricier ticket in order to upgrade your tickets to genie+. I was especially concerned because I was unable to make ticket changes on the website.

Last edited:
Could you imagine waking up tomorrow at WDW at 7 AM with your plans strategically laid out (after hours of impeccable research due to the entire system already being so complicated and tix so expensive so everyone wants more for their money), and having no idea they changed this up? I feel so bad for those people right now.

This happened to us yesterday on our extended family’s last park day together 😭 We ended up just skipping Space.

Once again a perfect example of how Disney makes us plan months in advance and then silently changes things on the fly.

Updating the app and/or your phone should fix that issue.

The boards will explode if/when they start including Genie with only Deluxe resorts like Universal does - but I could see it as a future perk. Remember when club level could just buy more fast passes - what if they can buy in the future a premium genie + that comes with scheduled times? Same kind of option to spend more only if you're already spending more. 🤔

this is what I see happening very soon. The perks for on property were great pre-Covid, then pretty much no perks so it's reset, then hey, come stay on property and get genie+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest