Celebrity after DCL, were your teenagers bored?

Disneyfied4

Mouseketeer
Hello! We are considering trying Celebrity. I worry that my young teenagers, (13 and 15) will be bored with the low key cruise ship. No waterslide, outdoor theater, theater movies everyday, etc. Does the teen club on Celebrity's ships keep teenage kids engaged? TIA.

I'm following this. We are about to book a cruise to Alaska on celebrity. We've only cruised Disney before and my kids loved it. Mine will be 15 and 18 and don't do the kids clubs anymore nor do they care about the Disney character interactions at this age. I keep hearing Celebrity has great food and my kids love cruise ship dining experiences. Plus the pool decks were so crowded on our last DCL that neither kid ever swam and my daughter kept looking for a quite place to just lay in the sun and read. But I too am afraid Celebrity will be boring for them or they will feel out of place. My travel agent assures me they will like it.

I have no knowledge of kids/teens clubs but as two people in our early 30s we were bored on Celebrity. It was a wonderful ship and a nice cruise but really nothing to do. We aren't in to traditional stage shows but there just seemed like nothing was going on after dinner. They had live music playing and some older people were dancing but that was about it.

We did a caribbean sailing last President's Day and we were some of the youngist people on board. We felt a little out of place. There weren't even many families. Maybe it was just our sailing.

We had heard that the food is better before we sailed but we actually found the food on RCCL to be better. Or at least more to our liking. We did My Time Dining and found the experience to be not as good as RCCL. Very long waits to actually get our food. I think it was maybe due to the older folks needing more attention. The dining room staff kept extra pillows handy to help "prop" up some of the older folks at the dinner table. It was a little bizzare.

We still had a great time and our glad we tried Celebrity. We would certainly sail with them again but probably not as our first choice.

I actually lost weight on my celebrity cruise. I'm a picky eater and there was not much to my liking. Not a fan of celebrity. Lots of long lines and irritations. I won't cruise celebrity again

It depends n the time of the the year. While my teens have not been on Celebrity, they have sailed on HAl. The average age is about 70 yrs old. We sailed on a 10 night over Easter vacation and there were only 30 passengers under the age of 18.

They made a few friends but there were never enough kids to have an activity in the teen clubs. Only 1 0r 2 people would show up.

My kids have been on 9 DCl cruises. Last year, we went on an 8 night over Easter. They said it was ok. They were bored. Dcl still has the same activites( we have sailed on Carnival, NCL,Hal, RC and Princess)

We sailed on NCL over Christmas. My teens loved it. They said it was the best cruise that they had ever been on. They enjoyed the deck parties. 24 for hour pub with free chicken wings. We are booked on another NCL cruise over the holidays this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest