• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CDC Notifies States, Large Cities To Prepare For Vaccine Distribution As Soon As Late October

Status
Not open for further replies.
J&J 91.7% effective for severe Covid after 28 days for my age range (18-59). Less effective for those over 60 (70.3%).

Maybe we give this to younger people and give the two mRNA for the seniors?
This seems like a bit of a perfect timing situation - a lot of seniors have already received Pfizer/Moderna with more appointments over the next two weeks. By the time JnJ is distributed and being used it should hopefully be into younger arms anyway which is great. JNJ being a little behind the others actually works out pretty well for simplifying the process since hopefully most older folks will already have the vaccines more effective for their age group.

Last edited:

I think that's a bad faith argument used to suit your original argument respectfully speaking because no one was saying it was wrong to go that route. It's just but one route to go on. IMO most states will benefit from multi-approaches because age doesn't just determine everything but neither does work setting and neither does living situation. I mentioned this before months ago. And I also mentioned that states may need to shift priority to one strategy over another for a time before switching back. This isn't a binary situation such that there is but one right and but one wrong path and you cannot deviate from it. Doing it by age may make sense for a time but so does looking at where the spread is occurring and so does looking at occupational hazards. It's okay to be fluid. Also percentage of vaccination rate isn't the only metric one should be looking at. That can mean efficiency in process, willingness to get it, etc. It doesn't mean by virtue it affects other things.

I think many people would rather be alive than dead, but I also think many people would rather not be a long-hauler than someone who contracted covid and was only out for a few days but I also think many people would rather not get covid to begin with and if you ask my 33 year old friend she's in the "I need a paycheck I don't want covid"
I don't think it is a bad faith argument but I agree with you that each state is different. It is unlikely there are any meat packing companies in CT and therefore that particular "need" doesn't exist. Each state should be looking at which group of people getting vaccinated makes the most sense - period.

We all have our thoughts and that is great but ultimately we don't have all of the information that our government does. That doesn't mean that I don't think that some states are doing this poorly or that we don't have a right to hold our elected officials accountable.

But no one on a message board should be saying that because their state did it this way is better than another state doing it a different way. It may be working for your state and it may be something other states should consider but arguing about it on here isn't going to make a difference.

Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, and AztraZenca Execs testify on Capitol Hill. Answering questions as to why they are late with their deliveries. Both Pfizer and Modera have stated they will release 220 million doses by the end of March. J&J has pledged 20 million with 8 million released the day they are approved (this Friday hopefully). Just to put this perspective, to date, over the last 2 1/2 months, 82 million doses have been distributed. So in the next 5 weeks the system is going to get flooded with vaccines. It will be a matter of getting them in arms. Look for mass vaccination events coming soon. Also, it looks like AstraZeneca may submit for FDA emergency use authorization soon and my have approval in April. They say they will release 30 million doses the day of authorization and a total of 50 million doses by the end of April. By May, everyone who wants the vaccine should have their 1st shot. We just need everyone to stay the course for 60 more days.

Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, and AztraZenca Execs testify on Capitol Hill. Answering questions as to why they are late with their deliveries. Both Pfizer and Modera have stated they will release 220 million doses by the end of March. J&J has pledged 20 million with 8 million released the day they are approved (this Friday hopefully). Just to put this perspective, to date, over the last 2 1/2 months, 82 million doses have been distributed. So in the next 5 weeks the system is going to get flooded with vaccines. It will be a matter of getting them in arms. Look for mass vaccination events coming soon. Also, it looks like AstraZeneca may submit for FDA emergency use authorization soon and my have approval in April. They say they will release 30 million doses the day of authorization and a total of 50 million doses by the end of April. By May, everyone who wants the vaccine should have their 1st shot. We just need everyone to stay the course for 60 more days.
Thank you- perfectly said. One add-on note: don't forget Novavax is coming soon too!!!

I thought the AZ vaccine was the one placed on hold because of potential neurological problems and safety concerns. The U.K. approved though I believe.

I thought the AZ vaccine was the one placed on hold because of potential neurological problems and safety concerns. The U.K. approved though I believe.
True. But the US has been doing its own study independent of the UK's approval.

It was placed on hold back in the fall but was resolved and the study resumed. The results of the US study aren’t ready yet though. The UK (and other places) approved based on the UK study.

Really hoping this weekend we get some good news from the powers that be about the J&J vaccine being approved. That will definitely get a lot more people vaccinated before summer. I'm ready to have travel restrictions lifted so I can start traveling internationally again. I can't wait to board a plane and get a stamp on my passport!!

Really hoping this weekend we get some good news from the powers that be about the J&J vaccine being approved. That will definitely get a lot more people vaccinated before summer. I'm ready to have travel restrictions lifted so I can start traveling internationally again. I can't wait to board a plane and get a stamp on my passport!!
I’m sure I’ve said it in this or other threads but my gut tells me J&J is going to be the game changer. One dose, no special storage. It’s going to get needles in arms way faster.

It will be approved tomorrow and shipping next week.

@Jonfw2 any amazing news regarding Moderna? I keep hearing Pfizer, Pfizer, Pfizer. I'm the only one in my "bubble"with the Moderna vax.

@Jonfw2 any amazing news regarding Moderna? I keep hearing Pfizer, Pfizer, Pfizer. I'm the only one in my "bubble"with the Moderna vax.
Of course!!! Moderna announced just yesterday that by April they would be delivering double the number of doses in the US that they had originally predicted. Also, researchers believe after ONE dose of Moderna, the chances of getting Covid are already reduced 78-88%.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vo...nsmission-protect-spread-virus-moderna-pfizer

I’m still predicting the (very) slight rise here in the US is due to lagging reports from last week due to both the weather and the holiday. We shall see.
I certainly hope so. With all this talk of variants and what seems like reports of new ones almost every day, it’s really discouraging. Every little tick up now is going to be like, well, is this the start of the next surge? :headache:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter