Castaway Reception on Fantasy for 8 night or longer cruise

tigerlily09

Earning My Ears
Anyone been on the castaway reception for a fantasy cruise since they change the policy for it to be only 8 nights or longer?

I believe they are usually now done in the Walt Disney theater. I am just wondering what it was like. What did they serve and what happened during it?

We miss the receptions and might be on an 8 night cruise next year. Thanks!

We have had them in longer cruises and a lot depends on how many CC cruisers are there.

We have had them WDT and even the closed off the goofy pool area once when there were so many club members.

Typically
Captain speaks.
A quiz.
Some contest and pride for the highest number of cruises.
We have had updates on new ships, or new ports, or ports you would like to go to.

Small amount of snacks, canapes, Mickey rice Krispy bars.
Free drinks alcoholic cocktails and soft drinks.

This is pre change, however.

Thanks that is what they used to be like but since they changed to having them for cruises only 8 nights or longer...I have heard that they have changed a lot.

We had one on the EBTA last year, on the Magic. It was held in the Walt Disney Theater. The bonus was putting on some of Tangled for us, with explanations. There were alcoholic drinks and some food, and I am pretty sure we got Rice Krispie treat as we left, not sure.

Thanks that is what they used to be like but since they changed to having them for cruises only 8 nights or longer...I have heard that they have changed a lot.
We had one on our 11 night Fantasy cruise last year. We met at Preludes, they were serving champagne/apple juice/prosecco and little hors d'oeuvres. We went into the theater and had a little pep talk by the cruise director explaining that we were going to see a "special" rehearsal for Aladdin. So that we could see how things work technically during the show. They first ran one of the scenes as normal. Then they ran it again, with the tech audio louder and video on the screens showing the sound/light booth.

As we exited, they gave us the Mickey head rice krispie treats.

Pretty much the same as we had on the Magic in 2016, but the show rehearsal was for Twice Charmed.

Last edited:
Last Fantasy cruise, which was pre-change our reception was in the Tube. Beverages, fruit trays, and cookies I remember being available. I cannot recall the program, so I'm guessing it was a video of some sort, and we had a visit from Minnie Mouse. Last fall on the eight night Magic out of NYC, we had the Marvel artist onboard do a special demonstration about how he worked with Spiderman. The food and beverage offerings were definitely less than they had been previously. I think they offered rice crispy treats, but I'm not 100% sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter