runDisney"

I was surprised at how short it was lol

So I finally got a response from Run Disney. Here is what they said

"The Disney Castaway Cay Challenge is only following the 2016 Walt Disney World
Marathon Weekend.

Thank you,
runDisney"

I was surprised at how short it was lol

Wow, super short. Oh well. I'm going to cancel my Disney cruise reservation and do a Royal Caribbean cruise instead. The ports are better and it'll save us $1000. :thumbsup2

The rundisney rep at the Rock'nRoll Seattle expo was firm about the challenge not being at Princess also.

Me being me I would still wait to cancel the cruise (might book royal while keeping Disney), just in case, but I'm weird like that.

The rundisney rep at the Rock'nRoll Seattle expo was firm about the challenge not being at Princess also.

Me being me I would still wait to cancel the cruise (might book royal while keeping Disney), just in case, but I'm weird like that.

I'm at the point where I'm at peace with doing RC over Disney for this cruise. I figure we could do Disney at some point in the future when we have kids and it'd be nice to save that cash to get a head start on our next vacation. Don't try to change my mind! :laughing:

I won't try! I just don't want you to regret anything. :)

Royal is awesome. What ship are you thinking about?

I won't try! I just don't want you to regret anything. :)

Royal is awesome. What ship are you thinking about?

Haha thanks for looking out for me! :thumbsup2 We're looking at the Majesty... it has a 4 day from Miami that stops at Coco Cay, Grand Bahama, and Key West. Nassau doesn't really interest me from everything I've read about it so I like that this one skips it.

Neat itinerary. Be aware that Coco is a tender port and (just like DCL can't always dock at Castaway) sometimes the weather/water just doesn't allow for people to get off the ship. If you do get to go to the island, enjoy the heck out of it. We really liked it. I liked Key West, what little I saw of it!

Neat itinerary. Be aware that Coco is a tender port and (just like DCL can't always dock at Castaway) sometimes the weather/water just doesn't allow for people to get off the ship. If you do get to go to the island, enjoy the heck out of it. We really liked it. I liked Key West, what little I saw of it!

There's also a 4 day on Carnival that leaves from Miami and hits Key West and Cozumel, but you get way less time in the ports, so I think the RC will be better. I do want to go to Mexico, but I think I would enjoy a resort stay there rather than a cruise. Thanks for the tips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter