Cash Stay & Now DVC members

Phildvc1992

Earning My Ears
Good day all!

Confusing question here however I'll try break it down;

We booked a cash stay (honeymoon) 12 months ago. Since doing so we became DVC members last week.

With our cash stay (all stars) we got the dining plan!

We are however wanting to change our resort to a DVC resort for a few nights at the end and start but still possibly stay in all stars in the middle!

Would DVC allow us just to do 2 separate bookings, keep our Package booking then book a DVC resort or would we need to alter everything?

DVC knows nothing of your cash stay so they wouldn't care. Assuming their is availability you can book your DVC stays and then change your original package to the dates you want. Your dining plan would only be applicable to your All Stars stay (unless you separately pay for it for the DVC portions of your stay). Be aware that people have been having issues redeeming the dining plan once checked into the next resort.

DVC knows nothing of your cash stay so they wouldn't care. Assuming their is availability you can book your DVC stays and then change your original package to the dates you want. Your dining plan would only be applicable to your All Stars stay (unless you separately pay for it for the DVC portions of your stay). Be aware that people have been having issues redeeming the dining plan once checked into the next resort.
Thank you so much for this! That was our worry that the dining plan would disappear but surely if we have proof of booking etc it should stay valid, or we just use our last few nights at a DVC resort and use our dining plan on week one!

Thank you so much for this! That was our worry that the dining plan would disappear but surely if we have proof of booking etc it should stay valid, or we just use our last few nights at a DVC resort and use our dining plan on week one!

You will only get the dining plan free for the nights you have your cash stay.

So, it would not kick in until you go to the All stars.

If you cut that trip short and move to DVC, then the credits will end at midnight on your check out day from the All stars.

The only way to have the dining plan for the DVC nights is to pay for it..but, if you are cutting short the All Star nights, that money should cover the cost of the plan for DVC

It is tricky with split stays with the dining plan, but doable.

If you cut that trip short and move to DVC, then the credits will end at midnight on your check out day from the All stars.

There are reports that they system has issues w/the switch from resort to resort. Technically, yes it should run through midnight of check out day, however once checked into the next resort the credits are non-redeemable.

There are reports that they system has issues w/the switch from resort to resort. Technically, yes it should run through midnight of check out day, however once checked into the next resort the credits are non-redeemable.

Hmm…this must be new for its return…thanks for the heads up.

Hmm…this must be new for its return…thanks for the heads up.
Ya, I saw the reports either on here or on FB or maybe both. I've seen the same thing reported a handful of times. Disney has ended up pro-rating refunds back to people on the credits they couldn't use. It's possible the credits might still work if you use mobile order through MDE, but magicbands were not able to tap and redeem.

Kind of something similar happened to me. I was in AKV Club room which you get access to all of check in and check out day.
However, next day we were in AKV Value and we checked in at 3pm and of course Club level access dropped off and front desk had to give us temp card to get access

By the way congratulations on upcoming honeymoon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter