Cash Discount Question

Jlo85

Mouseketeer
I was going to call member services to inquire about whether a stay would qualify for the dvc cash discount. It's at Hilton Head and currently available for booking on the website. If I understand these boards correctly, even though the room is available, the booking may not be eligible? So, we'll see *fingers crossed*.

I have a maybe stupid question on this topic. Are the resale restricted resorts also eligible for the cash discount (Riviera, Disneyland Hotel, the Cabins)? I am a resale-only owner. Was just curious if this was a workaround? I tend to stay in one bedrooms, so the cash availability tend to be pretty good (and relatively well priced).

The DVC discount would apply to any rooms but not all rooms are aviapbr when you call MS, even if you see them listed in the Disney website.

And, as far as I know, resale owners are eligible to book cash stays via MS at the restricted resorts.

The DVC discount would apply to any rooms but not all rooms are aviapbr when you call MS, even if you see them listed in the Disney website.

And, as far as I know, resale owners are eligible to book cash stays via MS at the restricted resorts.
Thanks for your help, Sandi! I was able to book with the discount.

Two notes for other owners:
  1. I think cash discount reservations is really a good option for Hilton Head, specifically. My reservation works out to $9/point, which I'm VERY happy about. I considered Vero or Bay Lake, but those had higher rack rates and we're not as a good of a deal.
  2. Disney allows cancellation up to 5 days in advance for full refund for 2024. For 2025, I was told you must cancel 8 days in advance, if that hasn't been reported yet elsewhere.

1. I think cash discount reservations is really a good option for Hilton Head, specifically. My reservation works out to $9/point, which I'm VERY happy about. I considered Vero or Bay Lake, but those had higher rack rates and we're not as a good of a deal.
  2. Disney allows cancellation up to 5 days in advance for full refund for 2024. For 2025, I was told you must cancel 8 days in advance, if that hasn't been reported yet elsewhere.
How far in advance did you book?

Thanks! I was looking at May 2025 on the hotel website and didn't see any rooms available. Maybe I'm to early.

Remember, the bookings on the hotel website are not the same as when you call MS. You can see rooms available for cash guests, and will not have availabiity to book vis MS for cash.

But, for the most part, DVC rooms don't show up much more than 11 months in advance for cash bookings, even for the hotel side.

Man - I’m new to DVC this year, and this thread REALLY bailed me out. I booked a 2 bedroom at HHI for 96 OKW points for 3 nights in November - it didn’t occur to me to look at the cash rates. I was able to change my reservation to cash for only around $800 total.

The cash rates really are insanely cheap for the off season. It would be such a waste of DVC points to book with them (basically over twice as expensive on a $/point basis).

Remember, the bookings on the hotel website are not the same as when you call MS. You can see rooms available for cash guests, and will not have availabiity to book vis MS for cash.

But, for the most part, DVC rooms don't show up much more than 11 months in advance for cash bookings, even for the hotel side.
Does the DVC discount booking via MS apply to DVC villas only? Or does it apply to any Disney hotel rooms/suites?

We just booked a last minute trip over 4th of July weekend and I was happy with our deal. $1500 for 3 nights in a 1bed at Jambo. I had called a few times before finally booking and the availability changed every single time. So it can be a little of a crapshoot.

Man - I’m new to DVC this year, and this thread REALLY bailed me out. I booked a 2 bedroom at HHI for 96 OKW points for 3 nights in November - it didn’t occur to me to look at the cash rates. I was able to change my reservation to cash for only around $800 total.

The cash rates really are insanely cheap for the off season. It would be such a waste of DVC points to book with them (basically over twice as expensive on a $/point basis).
I’m trying to understand how you got that amazing cash rate at HHI. I called MS today and they quoted me $291/night studio for 3 nights (so more than your total for 3 nights in a 2BR) and that was with a discount in a studio for early December, what would have been only 30 points for 3 nights!

I’m trying to understand how you got that amazing cash rate at HHI. I called MS today and they quoted me $291/night studio for 3 nights (so more than your total for 3 nights in a 2BR) and that was with a discount in a studio for early December, what would have been only 30 points for 3 nights!
My guess is that maybe that time period isn’t eligible for discounts (yet)? I think 289 is the standard studio rack rate in early December.

My method was to check the cost for booking online with tax, and then call member services and confirm if the total is 75% of the online cost.

I got a really good deal using the DVC cash discount for Hilton Head the first weekend of November too, $229/night for a 2 bedroom suite! Its a way better deal than using points, I’m excited to try out the resort since we only live a couple hours away.

My guess is that maybe that time period isn’t eligible for discounts (yet)? I think 289 is the standard studio rack rate in early December.

My method was to check the cost for booking online with tax, and then call member services and confirm if the total is 75% of the online cost.
Yikes she told me that $291 was with the discount for the studio so $289 rack rate would be below that, which is why I was surprised they’d quote me above rack rate so I’m going to try again another day and see what I can get from a different call. Thanks for your help. Enjoy your stay. HH is the best!!!

Mine is early November - December starts to be a higher demand month I guess?

facebook twitter