CARNIVAL VS DCL: The discussion and comparison thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. The tax brackets are 0% to 35%, Someone that is in the 25% bracket may have enough right offs that they are only paying 5-10% fed income tax, but then we have SS tax and property taxes. Some people pay nothing. It's kind of a weird system.

We pay around 4k a year for health insurance for the 4 of us. Of course our employer pays the rest.

Well anyway your tax rate doesn't sound so bad. I was curious because I overhead some Canadians complaining about it on our last cruise. They were from Toronto. I guess the cost of living and taxes are pretty high there.

Toronto and Vancouver rent and housing prices are insane. I don't know how they do it, honestly.

Trying to focus on positivity here...

Would you share with me some of your favorite memories that happened during a Carnival cruise?

Here's mine...

First Carnival cruise on the Victory : I remember sitting in front of the huge windows, right behind the AFT pool. Eating strawberry frozen yogourt with my husband. The sun had just disappeared but we could still see the horizon very clearly. Feeling so happy, content and grateful that we took a chance on the cruise line because we were having such a good time. Like, time stopped. It was so perfect.

Second Carnival cruise on the Vista: I remember how each time we were taking the elevator, people were talking to each other and joking. Fellow passengers were so friendly.

Oh and there was a proposal right before a comedy show. I teared up.

Seeing this huge cruise ship up close for the first time. Kind of scary but exciting also.
enhance

Meeting Matt Mitcham! He's so dreamy.
enhance

I was just reading a bit on some other dcl threads-- I did a couple of days ago too, after not going over there for a while, and boy is it nice to catch up again over here and read this thread!! People are so nice on this thread! I started looking at some dcl main threads because we put a dcl cruise on hold, but reading over there turned me off of dcl again. Lol. So we are dropping the dcl hold and have booked an 8 night Eastern Caribbean on the Carnival Magic instead! We were very tempted by the Horizon but the dates we wanted would have put us on the 6 night Western and we really wanted Eastern. In 2 weeks we are on the Conquest, so I will report back on that.

I don’t understand how other people can turn you off a Disney cruise. I go because I love Disney and the service I get. I’ve never met a mean person on the actual cruise ship.

I don’t understand how other people can turn you off a Disney cruise. I go because I love Disney and the service I get. I’ve never met a mean person on the actual cruise ship.
There is a lot we love about dcl, but we have found some snobbery on dcl and it was really nice to get away from it when we tried other cruise lines. We do not find that attitude at WDW or DL. That is just our perspective.

YESSSS. I'm obsessed with afternoon teas in general. I love that they offer Tea Time on their cruises and I plan to attend in April with my MIL. :D

If you are a tea snob like me bring your own. They only provide Lipton complimentary. Other selections cost $1.25 per tea bag I believe. I only drink Twinings so always pack a few English Breakfast and Earl Grey's in my bag.

If you are a tea snob like me bring your own. They only provide Lipton complimentary. Other selections cost $1.25 per tea bag I believe. I only drink Twinings so always pack a few English Breakfast and Earl Grey's in my bag.

When I go, I pay for the tea that has a fee (good selection!). I usually drink Davidstea, Kushmi & even Mariage Frères when it's available (some tea rooms in Montreal import them from France) when I am at home. I'm a tea snob too! :littleangel:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter