Cards

I sometimes get cards from Current too, Meriweather, just wish they came folded.

I also enjoy making/personalizing cards with images and stickers. Count me in as someone who also wishes stamps were cheaper! Reminder about postcard stamps and also to purchase extra postage before stamps go up yet again in January. Other thing is when possible mail packages before next month when package rates may increase! Trying of course to save each of you money :)

I can’t remember the last time I sent a card myself. However, when my then-kindergartner got his first invitation to a birthday party, I was just about to spend $5.95 on a card when it dawned on me, “Hey, I bet he’ll be invited to other parties, too.” So, instead, I opted to order the 24-pack of cards for $12 from Amazon. We’ve gone through quite a few of those cards in the past year and I consider that to have been one of my few genius moves in life.
I've made a mess of my life now with this high standard I can't let go. 🤣
Oof, this hits home. 🤣😭

I don't buy cards anymore. I rarely send them, but if I need to (recently sent one to a relative who had a baby) I use one of the hundreds of free cards I get from charities I donate to.

Dollar General or Dollar Tree

But I also always have blank note cards with a generic design on the front if I need to send a greeting in a pinch.

Dollar tree
Same for me! Our Dollar Tree has a great selection including special occasions and holidays. Plus the cards are made by Hallmark so it's not like they're stamped on the back with "I got two cards for $1"!

When my nieces went off to college I always sent a lot of cards especially at the beginning when they didn't know a lot of people yet. It was just a way to let them know I was thinking about them.

Dollar store, Paper Store (hallmark), Amazon, and I got a box of 20 cards (assorted) from Costco. I have used 3 of the Costco cards in the last week (birthday, engagement and birth of a baby)

Grocery stores and Walmarts have a section of $.99 cards which I like for things like birthdays. I seem to recall Walmart has a section of $.59 cards too, but a limited selection. The person you send it to reads the funny saying and then likely tosses it in thrash after about 15 seconds. I don't think it is worth spending $6+ for such cards.

For something like Christmas, places such as Hallmark typically has boxed cards in a variety of prices.

I make most of my cards, been a hobby of mine for about 25 years now. Just started my Christmas cards (100 of them)!

Last time I thought I would just pick up a Wedding card from a car…it was $8 or $9. I just couldn’t shell out that kind of cash, for something I have all the supplies for in my house!

I think since E-Cards became a fad traditional greeting cards started going out of style and greeting card shops started focusing on gifts and holiday decor for every holiday and if you go to Hallmark stores you see few greeting cards being sold or people purchasing them today and the focus is now on gift baskets for every occasion such as baby showers get well baskets and new baby baskets and I can see why greeting cards had changed their image because people became fascinated with printable greeting cards and E-Cards once the internet became popular. But when my mom and I would go into Hallmark stores we would buy Christmas cards to send to relatives and friends and I always liked reading the greeting cards in Hallmark because they had interesting messages like the get-well cards had interesting and wonderful messages like "Hope you feel better soon because the world wouldn't be the same without you" and the birthday cards always had neat messages like "Have a sweet birthday and many more" and they were wonderful. But once greeting cards started to get more modern the traditional greeting cards went out of style and Hallmark came up with these greeting cards where you could record a message and they looked pretty cool but the big drawback was that the message would be erased each time you opened the card. Another thing you don't see in greeting card shops is Spanish language cards and that was also a huge fad because my mother would send my grandmother Spanish language Christmas and birthday cards and they were easy to find. But if you go to Hallmark they have cards in many languages from German to French and the Spanish greeting cards are scarce now. But as long as E-Cards continue to be popular people will continue to write and send traditional greeting cards in the centuries to come

Dollar Tree. Most of the cards I buy are for the grandkids. They are only interested in what is in the card, lol.
The last time I actually bought a nice expensive card was for an internet friend of many years that I had never met. She was in the hospital on her birthday & the one I sent was sweet & played music. It made her so happy & she did a little video of it playing & sent to me. Sadly she passed away a few days later so I am really glad she got a little pleasure out of a card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter