Car Rental places at Disney World/ Near Saratoga

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, Looking to rent a car for 1 day (pick up in morning, return later in the afternoon). I'm assuming while we are at Bay Lake, the car care center would be the closest. Our first part of the trip we are at Saratoga-doesn't some of the Disney springs have car rental options as well? Thought I could just walk over to pick it up-does anyone know which would be the closest option to Saratoga? Thanks!

I also meant to ask, do you think I'm better off just going over to Disney's car Care Center than dealing with the resorts??

PreCovid several hotels like Swan Dolphin and others had car rental options, many closed up. As you search you can look for one close, but many will still need a uber to get to. Going to the Car Care Center is easy.

Thanks that's what I'm thinking, maybe just stick with the disney car care center. Will they bring me back to Saratoga in the afternoon after I drop the car back off to them? My husband can drop me there in the morning-

Renting a vehicle at the car care center includes free pick up and drop off from any of the on-site hotels, the theme parks or Disney Springs.

Within walking distance from Saratoga, some of the hotels along Hotel Plaza Blvd. have car rental desks. Alamo and National have not reopened at this location (previously at the Buena Vista Palace), but Avis at the Hilton and Budget at the Doubletree are both operating. The Hilton is closer than the Doubletree, just across the Blvd. from Disney Springs. The walking time from Saratoga will depend on where you are within the resort, since it’s quite spread out. Difficult to predict if it would require more or less time than using the Car Care Center shuttles. We have had to wait quite a while (~30 minutes) for a shuttle driver to return from dropping off other guests in order to get a ride from the CCC to the Magic Kingdom after we returned a rental car during our January trip. In any case, we would more likely use the CCC, since I do prefer to rent from one of the Alamo-Enterprise-National companies.

ok thanks! We're in the preferred section, so we will be close to Disney Springs. You mentioned them dropping you at Magic Kingdom, I'm assuming they'll take us back to Saratoga? (or even Disney Springs is fine-). I do like Alamo too, I'll have to run some pricing and see which is cheaper and also take into consideration the traveling times-It's just for the day-my DH will have our rental car, so my DS and I want it just for the day to go out exploring.
Thanks again, I appreciate the information!!

ok thanks! We're in the preferred section, so we will be close to Disney Springs. You mentioned them dropping you at Magic Kingdom, I'm assuming they'll take us back to Saratoga? (or even Disney Springs is fine-). I do like Alamo too, I'll have to run some pricing and see which is cheaper and also take into consideration the traveling times-It's just for the day-my DH will have our rental car, so my DS and I want it just for the day to go out exploring.
Thanks again, I appreciate the information!!
The shuttle driver will take you anywhere on Disney property: resort, theme park, water park, or Disney Springs are all included. We happened to be heading to the MK, so chose to drop off the car at the CCC and then head to the park. We then bused back to our resort, Saratoga Springs actually that trip, although we’re usually staying at BWV.

ok, that makes sense! We really enjoy BWV too, but have really developed a liking for Saratoga, since the rooms are new and the proximity to Disney Springs. We then are heading over to Bay Lake for a few nights.
Thanks for all your help!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter