Car rental early pick up

kokomos

DIS Veteran
I have a car reserved thru enterprise but considering changing flight to arrive at 8am instead of 400 pm. If I change it on the car reservation the price goes up. So I'm wondering if I can pickup car early without paying extra. Thanks

Not likely. They may not even have a car for you at that time.

Car rentals usually run on a 24 hour clock. If the time the vehicle is in the renter's possession exceeds 24 hours, they should expect the bill to increase. The increase can vary based on the rental contract, with extra charges by the hour and scaling to the day a usual set of conditions.

If you change your pickup time to 8 hours earlier AND change your dropoff time to be eight hours earlier, your rate may remain the same, assuming that your original rate wasn't conditional on picking a car up after noon, which can happpen on "weekend rates."

Definitely YMMV. Your original time is after most of the cars have been returned; your new time is before most of the cars have been returned. Are you keeping the same drop off time? You'd be adding a day to your rental.

Call.

Try an entire new reservation, not just modify.

I have never had an issue coming maybe an hour early, but 8 hours early, I doubt that. Only way you might be able to keep that rate, is if you return the car 8 hours earlier to match it.

Quick add on question: Does MCO have a way to skip the line with enterprise or do you need to go to a desk? Thanks

If arriving SIGNIFICANTLY earlier than your original reservation, I would definitely modify it to be more current. If they are quickly turning around vehicles, the person may not yet have returned the car they were intending to assign to you. No idea if the price might change, but even if it does, the price won't matter if they have no car to give you.

I seem to remember sometime in the past being told that a change of more than 6 hours would trigger a reprice. This was in regard to an earlier return time.

Thanks everyone. Think we're just going to stick to original times.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest