Cape May Dinner - $71 if you want crab legs!?

Guess I don’t mind. It’s better than everyone having to pay $65 each like a lot of the other aycte. We’ll just add an order of crab legs to share.

Cape May May want to switch “Main” lobster to “Maine” - especially with a $35 dollar up charge

Seafood Boil
PEI Mussels, Peel-n-Eat Shrimp, Cape May Clams, Sustainable Catch of the Day, Red Bliss Potatoes, and Corn. Snow Crab Legs and Whole Steamed Main Lobster available at additional cost

I’m sure bookings will be way down. I don’t eat crab legs but I wouldn’t think a pound is very many.

I just googled it.
They are sized as clusters, which typically include about 4 legs and 1 claw. There are usually around 2 clusters per 1 pound of snow crab. This means that 1 pound of snow crab contains approximately 8 to 9 legs, and 2 claws.

Wow. That’s crazy. We love to go there. We love seafood and our son loves seafood so that was really easy for him to find whatever he wanted and not have to worry about the rest. It was always a real enjoyable part of our trip.

Just for some perspective, a friend of mine owns a mostly seafood restaurant, their cost on foods coming in from the boats and vendors has doubled or more just since last year. The price on lobsters is absolutely insane right now.... and we are in New England! Disney prices are of course nuts, so could they afford to eat some of the added costs? Of course... but it wouldn’t be great business and in the face of covid Disney has in my opinion shown they care more about the bottom line than a lot of things ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Any idea if there is a kids menu? Hoping for chicken nuggets and fries for the picky eaters.

Nevahhhh! Too bad for those who don’t like shellfish and kids.

Just kidding — at the kids $25 dollar price point you’d hope they had some kid friendly things.

We loved Cape May...I stuck to crab legs (4-5 clusters,) couple plates of mussels, maybe a little salmon, and the desserts. Loved that custard with the fruit on top...If it's AYCE mussels/shrimp, we might go back if it's just one platter, would probably skip it. I know food costs are up though, so it's understandable, but sure will miss it.

anything related to crab or lobster or any shellfish where many of them get picked in production (even if what you are ordering isnt' getting picked) is up dramatically in price. It's fallout from the dramatic reduction in international work visas in the united states. They can't get workers at the old lower rates now. It's a major issue here in the mid atlantic- and many restaurants are either jacking up the price (double a lot of times) or simply removing items from the menu because they don't want to pay the supply price in the first place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter