Cape may cafe?

Caryn020

Earning My Ears
Have my 4th trip in January. The one thing my family and I never do is the boardwalk. Have yet to visit during my Disney vacations. Was thinking of booking a dinner at cape may cafe. Was wondering how much of it is seafood based? Trying to get an idea of what they offer before booking it. Thank you all

Cape May Cafe dinner is a seafood buffet, so I would say 85% of it is seafood. You can find the menu on the Walt Disney World site. If you would like something that isn't so heavy on seafood, I would recommend Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk. It is a casual, Italian restaurant.

I do not like seafood. Went to one Cape May dinner, I will not do another. Next time we went I booked dinner for my husband and son, the rest of us did Beaches and Cream.

We liked it, and I normally don't care for buffet. You'll find as many likes as dislikes on this subject. We also ate at Flying Fish. My family liked Cape May equally.

We were staying at Beach Club and had to walk past Cape May to get to the pool each day and the smell of fish is strong so if you don’t like fish I would go elsewhere.

It is primarily seafood dishes... crab legs, mussels, clams, clam chowder, shrimp, but there are also carved meats and salads.

It is an absolute must do for us, especially when we've had free dining. Paying OOP gets pretty steep, but we've done that too.

The entire Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk area is so amazing that just being there is a good part of the experience. LOVE that area of WDW. Might be my favorite of all.

Dan

Have my 4th trip in January. The one thing my family and I never do is the boardwalk. Have yet to visit during my Disney vacations. Was thinking of booking a dinner at cape may cafe. Was wondering how much of it is seafood based? Trying to get an idea of what they offer before booking it. Thank you all

I am a dissenter to most of the replies here. We love Cape May! We are from a seafood oriented area and we find the crab legs especially to be very full and yummy, and wonderful clam chowder. Would say the dishes are close to half and half seafood and non.

Depending on night you are dining, there are ribs, pastas, carved meat,baked chicken on children's buffet, several great salads, and other dishes I can't remember now. 'No' one should leave hungry. We have ressies every trip, next one in 3 weeks. You shouldn't be disappointed!

Also, the people that complain about the 'fishy' smell - it IS a clambake! Has steamed crab legs and clams, so of course it smells just like a clambake or seafood boil! No way to contain the smell inside 4 walls.

I am a dissenter to most of the replies here. We love Cape May! We are from a seafood oriented area and we find the crab legs especially to be very full and yummy, and wonderful clam chowder. Would say the dishes are close to half and half seafood and non.

Depending on night you are dining, there are ribs, pastas, carved meat,baked chicken on children's buffet, several great salads, and other dishes I can't remember now. 'No' one should leave hungry. We have ressies every trip, next one in 3 weeks. You shouldn't be disappointed!

Also, the people that complain about the 'fishy' smell - it IS a clambake! Has steamed crab legs and clams, so of course it smells just like a clambake or seafood boil! No way to contain the smell inside 4 walls.

Cape May is a must do for our family...

Dining is so subjective that it's hard to take our word for it. Personally, I would look at all the dining locations around that area of Disney and find the one with the menu that best suits you. For us, it is Cape May's. Honestly, if we could only have one TS meal during our entire stay, it would be Cape May's. Others will balk at this, but for us it's our #1 favorite for the combination of food and the location.

Dan

When it's busy and free dining, we hate Cape May for dinner because the clientele gets so greedy for the crab legs. I have seen people take them all and leave the rest of us just waiting. Common courtesy goes out the window! And forget getting in line - it's a free for all!

Otherwise, we have always liked it for breakfast and dinner. There is usually carved meats. ribs, chicken, mac and cheese and pizza. But you do smell the seafood. It's a beautiful restaurant, light and airy, really nice. Breakfast is the best!!

... I have seen people take them all and leave the rest of us just waiting. Common courtesy goes out the window! And forget getting in line - it's a free for all!...

We absolutely love Cape May Cafe, and every trip it is a must do once or even twice. It is pretty consistent with Disney food in that its not the best and nothing gourmet, but still very good.

The only complaint here is that there is not clear indication as to when the 'line' begins or ends, therefore it is a free for all and can actually get nasty.

Do you know which days they do fried shrimp and the crab legs?
Crab legs are every night and the fried shrimp are two nights ,but not sure what nights. I think Wed. Is one nite but not sure, I could be getting it mixed up with ribs at Boma on Wednesday. We also like Cape May and there is a good variety for everyone. Also good desserts.

I have shellfish allergy and I don't eat any other kinds of seafood. I love Cape May and my family does as well. I actually don't find the fish smell to be that strong when I am eating inside but the smell does seem to collect in the hallways and outdoor areas nearby. We have all really liked Cape May both times we have been there for dinner.

The only complaint here is that there is not clear indication as to when the 'line' begins or ends, therefore it is a free for all and can actually get nasty.

We also go there 1-2 times per trip, but unlike you, we've never had any issues about the lines. All the stations (four sides) have their own lines, and it's always been very easy negotiating IMO. As another poster mentioned, we've never noticed a 'free for all' when it's busy. They've always kept the crab legs filled, and they're available on two sides.

@BlueSuitDonald, the fried shrimp are Wed. and Sunday nights.

I preferred the crab legs at Garden Grove the same trip when I last had the Cape May Cafe Clam Bake, but CMC has been a favorite in my family for years.

I did go crazy over—believe it or not—the CM roasted Brussels Sprouts. OMG, they were so delicious, I ate a mountain of them. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter