• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cancelling with OTU points

wdw4rfam

DVC Member/AP holder
If I cancel our reservation that includes OTU points, can I rebook something else online with those points? I remember back a few years ago when I did this I had to call to reuse those, but I thought I read that you can now do it online. Do they now show up to use when booking?

If I cancel our reservation that includes OTU points, can I rebook something else online with those points? I remember back a few years ago when I did this I had to call to reuse those, but I thought I read that you can now do it online. Do they now show up to use when booking?
I bought OTU points in Dec 2021 for a 1 night stay.
I had to modify my reservation and now have 2 points in holding after the change.
I was able to modify my reservation online. (Points are tagged as Aulani home resort, even though not my home resort.)

I don’t think that will ever happen because they come from different resorts
That makes sense why we have to call now.
My OTU points came from Aulani, even though it is not my home resort.

OTUPs are developer points. They come from resorts that DVD owns. So the majority will be AUL and RIV but can be from any resorts that have contracts that have been obtained by DVC thru ROFR or foreclosure.

OTUPs are developer points. They come from resorts that DVD owns. So the majority will be AUL and RIV but can be from any resorts that have contracts that have been obtained by DVC thru ROFR or foreclosure.
Which confuses the heck out of the system. My account thinks I have Riviera as a home resort, but it also knows I'm a recent resale buyer who doesn't have access to Riviera at all.

Does it make a difference where they're from? Are you limited to making a reservation for only that resort?

Does it make a difference where they're from? Are you limited to making a reservation for only that resort?
They can be used for any resort you are eligible to book. DVD still owns a lot of Aulani points, so it's possible that's why they are from that resort.

No, you're not limited to reservations for that resort only - because you can't buy OTU points until 7 months before checkin, so they can be used at any resort. If you cancel the reservation you bought them for, you can apply them to another reservation, but only if you're making that new reservation at 7 months or less before checkin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter