Canadian cell phone and restaurant check-in

Barbanellie

Mouseketeer
I'm wondering if any Canadians here have recent experience giving their Canadian cell number when checking in at a WDW restaurant. I know they officially say to give an American number to receive a text when our table is ready, but this kind of intrigues me. Wondering if anyone has tried with a Canadian number recently.

I always figure they would never know the difference if I just gave them my Canadian number. I mean it is the exact same format as a US number (xxx-xxx-xxxx). I know my dad got a text when our table was ready at the Downtown Disney Planet Hollywood in 2014, and I also did it in Disneyland last year. But people keep saying you need an American phone number for those texts at WDW. Any real-life experience? Really speaking about restaurants, and not room-ready texts at the resorts - we need to go to the front desk for our magic bands anyway.

Texting is hit or miss. My guess is that you need to add a +1 prefix for it to work, and whatever software they’re using doesn’t allow for it.

Yes, it worked for us this past Xmas. I think it was at Skipper Canteen but I'm not positive. Other restaurants gave us a pager, and others just called out your name.

We got a text at Sci-Fi Diner last August. No problem with the Canadian cell phone......I even mentioned it was a Canadian and the hostess at the podium advised that it wasn't a problem at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter