Can you help choose the right SD card?

Melrosgirl

DVC Member - BCV
I just bought the Canon S2 IS. I'm loving this camera. My little 64 mb card though from my last camera isn't cutting it.

Which card should I buy? $100 price range or so. 1 GB I'm guessing, but do I want ultra ? extreme? (Sandisk brand I'm looking at on amazon.com). Any help is really appreciated! thanks! :flower:

I would buy several but when you are out taking pictures put some pictures on each card. That way if you lose one or something happens to the card you haven't lost all the images.

that's a good tip, thanks. (I lost my Fuji digital camera at Epcot 3 years ago. Oh it was a sad day. ) Still not sure if it was lost or stolen, but in any case, someone else has it and it's not me. :(

Always buy high speed, and always buy more than one.

I have four 1 gig compact flash cards, three are high speed and one isn't--it was a freebie the camera shop threw in when I bought the camera. It hasn't been in my camera for four months now, and might never be again. And I don't shoot video with that camera--not even sure how LOL!

Anne

Melrosgirl said:
I just bought the Canon S2 IS. I'm loving this camera. My little 64 mb card though from my last camera isn't cutting it.

Which card should I buy? $100 price range or so. 1 GB I'm guessing, but do I want ultra ? extreme? (Sandisk brand I'm looking at on amazon.com). Any help is really appreciated! thanks! :flower:

I bought the Canon S1 IS a couple of years ago and love it. Don't know what changes they made for the S2. I think it's a higher megapixel version.

Anyway, definitely get high speed CF cards. Outside of that I go for best price. I'd only consider the higher sizes if you plan on doing a lot of video. Otherwise, even at high res you can get plenty of photos on smaller cards. And as mentioned, putting photos on different cards keeps you from 'having all your eggs in one basket'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter