• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you carry your luggage to your room

JanetRose

...what was the meaning of the big white glove?
prior to being allowed in the room?

I know that some other ships allow this.

No, they rope off the entrances off the staircases and elevators to the rooms so you are not able to do that. We have observed this on the Wish and the Dream.

All room areas are behind closed doors or otherwise roped off. The room stewards are frantically trying to turn over their rooms. They can't have people wandering around in their way.

Most people go to the buffet lunch after boarding. It is very crowded. You don't want to be dragging a suitcase along. Keep a day bag and check everything else.

Last edited:

The laundry rooms all have irons to use in there. I, personally, don't iron at home so I'm not doing it on vacation 😂 but I've seen plenty of people use the irons in the laundry room
I did iron a skirt last cruise (Disney Magic), but it is not a very good iron or iron board.

I really like using the onboard laundry. They do a really nice job. And I small price to pay to avoid the sometimes craziness of trying to use the self serve laundry on the ships. There are so many people on my cruise group talking about using the self laundry on my 9 night Mediterranean
that I know it will be the laundry games to get a spot. I just budget for my clothes to be cleaned and pressed by the ship's laundry if needed. I don't need the stress on vacation.

You also can't carry any luggage onboard that won't fit through the security scanners. So, basically, it's airport carry-on size. Everything else has to be checked and will be delivered later. That's why I prefer not to arrive too early so that I can go directly to my stateroom and drop my bags, but now that the Hyatt and WDW resorts pick up early, I'm stuck with it for a few hours. I always pack my carry-on with lots of stuff for the plane in case the suitcase is delayed or lost, but I need less for the ship (though I still want some emergency clothes just in case). Fortunately, since we always come in at least one day prior, I can carefully curate what I'm taking on board, but it's still a pain to have to hang onto it for 2-3 hours.

As others have mentioned, the stateroom hallways are completely closed off and you cannot access them to even put stuff outside your room. All carryons must fit through the security scanner too so no big suitcases.

I use Downy Wrinkle Release in the 3 Oz. travel size. As I hang those items up in the closet, I spray them and smooth them. Close the door and hope for the best. Have I EVER noticed anyone on any cruise being wrinkled?

Nope.
See I have like a dress and maybe a shirt for palo I have to worry about. I get to the room pull them out and hang them in the bathroom. I take SUPER HOT showers so that night when I shower its like BOOM my clothes are steamed and ready to go LOL!

See I have like a dress and maybe a shirt for palo I have to worry about. I get to the room pull them out and hang them in the bathroom. I take SUPER HOT showers so that night when I shower its like BOOM my clothes are steamed and ready to go LOL!

Same here! The heat/steam from the showers always does the trick for me in de-wrinkling anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter