Can we make it a week with no arguing?? The Mom report.

Okay, I changed the title because Brandi and Robby have had a falling out. Not speaking at all. It makes me so sad when they don't get along.

LOL I'm still here Nik!

I started my class on Tuesday! I'm taking a Dog Obedience Instructor course through Penn Foster. Everything is done at home and I can take the tests online. After I graduate, I will be a certified Obedience Instructor! I'm really excited!

My brother surprised us the other night by stating that he is coming with us to WDW in October! I'm sooo excited! We will have an odd number but we don't care in the LEAST! It's gonna be such a fun trip (and I can replace all of the pictures on my desk at work that currently have his sheisty ex-girlfriend in them that are from our 2007 trip).

I booked airfare for Lumar and I through Travelocity....I booked my brother's directly through JetBlue and his was $5 cheaper. :rolleyes: I was also able to get him in seats right next to us even though I booked his flights a few days later.

And Delta is FINE for flying! I meant that they're crazy with their rates and their luggage fees!

That $14 for parking is not TOO bad...There is a cheap little amusement park up here that charges $22 or something like that. And it's certainly no Disney park! The parking is free at Disney parks if you're staying on-site but I know you guys aren't so that won't help.

Guess what? I bought a new pair of crocs flip flops today! They look like the adidas slides. They were regularly $35, they were on sale for $28, PLUS I got a 50% discount so they were only $15! I couldn't pass that up!

OK I took today off from work to scrapbook and I'm DISing instead! TTYL!

I'm still here Nikki. Sorry I haven't posted on here in a while, but it doesn't mean I wasn't thinking about you:flower3:

You are further along on your planning then I am. you even got your transportation all taken care of and your daily enevelopes. You are on top of it all girl. I'm jealous. Have you decorated your handy dandy notebook yet? I didn't make one for this trip, Kent said there wasn't a need, but I might make one just so I can feel like I am doing something for this trip.

Do you have a touring plan yet? what's your first park? Ride going to be?

Sorry to hear that brandi and robby are at odds right now, I hope they can work it out soon. I hate when my kids argue and then stop talking to eachother, Reese once ignored Jim for 3 weeks, I don't know if it hurt more that she was ignoring him or the fact that Jim didn't care his sister was ignoring him.

A cheap quick dinner idea, I love those skillet meals, we get the chicken and brocolli one, it's fast, it's cheap and it doesn't feel like your typical quick fish stick meal ya know?! Chilli is quick and not to expensive either.

LOL I'm still here Nik!

I started my class on Tuesday! I'm taking a Dog Obedience Instructor course through Penn Foster. Everything is done at home and I can take the tests online. After I graduate, I will be a certified Obedience Instructor! I'm really excited!
This is great news! Perfect for you. Good luck.
My brother surprised us the other night by stating that he is coming with us to WDW in October! I'm sooo excited! We will have an odd number but we don't care in the LEAST! It's gonna be such a fun trip (and I can replace all of the pictures on my desk at work that currently have his sheisty ex-girlfriend in them that are from our 2007 trip).
Now you will have someone to wait with when Lumar is exploring the pottys! Maybe without her he will be able to get up earlier this time.
I booked airfare for Lumar and I through Travelocity....I booked my brother's directly through JetBlue and his was $5 cheaper. :rolleyes: I was also able to get him in seats right next to us even though I booked his flights a few days later.
Good deal! I check Delta every day to see if the price has been lowered so I can get a credit. Would love to save even more money.
And Delta is FINE for flying! I meant that they're crazy with their rates and their luggage fees!
This is good. I was kind of worried we would be doing weird stuff in the air or something!
That $14 for parking is not TOO bad...There is a cheap little amusement park up here that charges $22 or something like that. And it's certainly no Disney park! The parking is free at Disney parks if you're staying on-site but I know you guys aren't so that won't help.
I know it's not bad, but it sure seems like a lot of money just to park the car. If you look around the parking lot, add up just a small section of cars and multiply by 14. That is a LOT of money for Disney.
Guess what? I bought a new pair of crocs flip flops today! They look like the adidas slides. They were regularly $35, they were on sale for $28, PLUS I got a 50% discount so they were only $15! I couldn't pass that up!
You are so going to love them! What a great deal. Where did you get them?
OK I took today off from work to scrapbook and I'm DISing instead! TTYL!
I know, I told Jay to leave and go do something so I could do homework. Umm, not going quite like I planned. But it is VERY peaceful.

I'm still here Nikki. Sorry I haven't posted on here in a while, but it doesn't mean I wasn't thinking about you:flower3:

I know. Thats fine. We all have other things to do than dis all the time. Well I guess we have stuff we should be doing other than dis.
You are further along on your planning then I am. you even got your transportation all taken care of and your daily enevelopes. You are on top of it all girl. I'm jealous. Have you decorated your handy dandy notebook yet? I didn't make one for this trip, Kent said there wasn't a need, but I might make one just so I can feel like I am doing something for this trip.

My envelope thing is to get Jay to hopefully start filling them up!! He is finally back to work (a month early due to our early spring) so I'm hoping to get them all filled soon. No I haven't decorated my notebook yet. My family is ready to have me committed for my addiction. BUT I CAN'T HELP MYSELF!!! You will have to do your secret notebook. You have to have a place to store all your flight info and ADR's right? Don't be jealous. You just finished your trip report so now you can have more time for planning the next one.
Do you have a touring plan yet? what's your first park? Ride going to be?
Nope, no plan yet. I have been checking touring plans but haven't made any decisions. I may print them out for reference, but I don't know if I like being at a certain place at a certain time all day, every day. I may just go with the best days to be at a park and go from there. I'm pretty sure the MK is going to be day one. So probably the first ride will be Pirates. I just can't seem to get enough of it when I'm there.

Sorry to hear that brandi and robby are at odds right now, I hope they can work it out soon. I hate when my kids argue and then stop talking to eachother, Reese once ignored Jim for 3 weeks, I don't know if it hurt more that she was ignoring him or the fact that Jim didn't care his sister was ignoring him.
It is so tough being a mother. You obviously can't pick sides and getting involved is a no no too. I try to ignore it with hopes it will just work its way out. It was never a good idea for the two of them to move in together. If they would just listen to their mother, you know??

A cheap quick dinner idea, I love those skillet meals, we get the chicken and brocolli one, it's fast, it's cheap and it doesn't feel like your typical quick fish stick meal ya know?! Chilli is quick and not to expensive either.
That is a good idea. I know they have a sams club, so maybe it would be better for me to go there and just buy already made stuff. Life would be much easier.

It is all set, Robby's partner Dana will be joining us! I'm pretty excited about it. I never imagined things would go this way for him, but I have totally learned to accept it. He came out to me when he was 16 and I have to tell you it was VERY hard. I tried to tell him not to tell people, but he didn't care. He was and it didn't matter what people said to him or about him. HE was okay with it. I got the courage to be okay with it from him. He is a good kid and very happy. That's all that matters.

So anyway, we were doing a lot of texting the other day about car rentals. I needed to know whether or not to look for a van or if they just wanted to rent their own car and have the ability to go do their own thing when they wanted to. He said they were just going to get their own, that way if they didn't want to go the park we were going to, they didn't have to.

I said "you aren't going to follow my itinerary?"
He said " you ALREADY have an itinerary?"
I said "of course, do you not know who I am?"

I believe the word crazy or psycho was used. No really I don't have one but it was fun to mess with him. March is much to early to have that done. I'm thinking the 2nd week in April will be good. Right? I know you all know what I mean.

It is all set, Robby's partner Dana will be joining us! I'm pretty excited about it.

:yay: You guys are going to have a great time! Has Dana been there before? I love taking people who have either never been there, or have never been there "the right way." They see it in a whole new way! My sister, who did nothing but COMPLAIN the entire trip in 2004, keeps telling me that she wants to go with me and Lumar because she knows that we would have so much fun since we know what we're doing. Her a few friends went to Florida last weekend and stopped at DTD and Epcot. I convinced her, via text message, to ride Soarin and she LOVED it. She had to wait 2 hours in line because they didn't get there until 330 and all of the FPs were gone, but she loved it anyway.

I never imagined things would go this way for him, but I have totally learned to accept it. He came out to me when he was 16 and I have to tell you it was VERY hard. I tried to tell him not to tell people, but he didn't care. He was and it didn't matter what people said to him or about him. HE was okay with it. I got the courage to be okay with it from him. He is a good kid and very happy. That's all that matters.

:hug: Your such a good person, and a good mom! A good friend of ours was actually adopted, and when he came out to his adoptive parents, they cut him loose. He ended up leaving the state to go into the Job Corp when he was 16 years old because he didn't have anywhere else to go and his parents refused to acknowledge him anymore. Robby is a good kid and I'm proud of him for not being afraid!

So anyway, we were doing a lot of texting the other day about car rentals.

I was looking the other day as well, but my car rental would be to get us back home when we come back. It's gonna cost like $50, but none of the multi-passenger van transports go to the airport we are using, and a limo will cost us close to $200.

I said "you aren't going to follow my itinerary?"
He said " you ALREADY have an itinerary?"
I said "of course, do you not know who I am?"
I believe the word crazy or psycho was used. No really I don't have one but it was fun to mess with him. March is much to early to have that done. I'm thinking the 2nd week in April will be good. Right? I know you all know what I mean.

:laughing: Ummmm... The park hours aren't even posted for October yet, but I have all of our days planned out! I just need to rearrange the order in which the days are done, based on EMH's and such. I'm also fully prepared to make my ADR's on 4/22. I've had the schedule pretty much laid out since about 2 weeks before I booked the trip at the beginning of March. :rolleyes1

You're a good Mom Nikki, and robby is a lucky boy to have you. It would be nice if all Mothers could be understanding of their children, love them regardless and support them in whatever. I like you, you are such a good person.

Ummm yeah, March is too early for an itinerary (I don't really mean that) April sounds much better, less crazy ya know? ;)

It's funny how plannning a trip makes ya feel organized and on the ball yet insane at the same time. But we all get eachother here, that's so awesome. You could come on the Dis boards and announce that you just embroidered Mickey and friends on your underwear and socks, and people here would want to see pictures and tell you how brilliant you are. But out in the "world" the world of the disney clueless, you mention that and they are fitting you for a straight jacket, and giving you a life long pass to your very own padded room.

Hey Nikki! I know it's 20 of 11 (at least here on the East Coast it is) but I just wanted to stop in and say Happy Easter!

I don't know if I told you or not but I finally decided to stop procrastinating and I enrolled in a Dog Obedience Instructor course last month. There are 11 modules to the course, each module contains between 2-4 individual units, and then there is an exam at the end of each unit. I'm starting Module 5, I've completed 9 exams, and I am submitting a graded project to the school tomorrow. I can take all of my exams online, but the graded project has to be mailed to them. So far, I have a 95 average and I'm zipping through it!

I'm glad I decided to sign up for it when I did. We got an email last week at work that they are laying off 21% of my dept between July - September, around 9% between October - December, and then another 28% between January - March 2011. So, my time is limited and I want to be one step closer to finding a better job when my time comes. I don't want to leave one crappy job just to get stuck in another.

In other news, my itinerary for October is DONE! I got a sneak peak at the dates for the Halloween Party so I was able to schedule all of my ADRs around the party. I get to actually make my ADRs on 4/22 and then the Halloween Party tickets will go on sale around May 1. BTW, did I mention that my brother is coming with us?? I'm so excited!

:yay: You guys are going to have a great time! Has Dana been there before? I love taking people who have either never been there, or have never been there "the right way." They see it in a whole new way! My sister, who did nothing but COMPLAIN the entire trip in 2004, keeps telling me that she wants to go with me and Lumar because she knows that we would have so much fun since we know what we're doing. Her a few friends went to Florida last weekend and stopped at DTD and Epcot. I convinced her, via text message, to ride Soarin and she LOVED it. She had to wait 2 hours in line because they didn't get there until 330 and all of the FPs were gone, but she loved it anyway.
He went when he was little, but doesn't remember much about it. So it will be like his first time. It's his first time with US!! We will definitely show him a good time. Good thing you are a disney expert! I don't know if it's worth waiting 2 hours, but you are a good teacher. That's a lot of money to spend for half a day, YIKES!!

:hug: Your such a good person, and a good mom! A good friend of ours was actually adopted, and when he came out to his adoptive parents, they cut him loose. He ended up leaving the state to go into the Job Corp when he was 16 years old because he didn't have anywhere else to go and his parents refused to acknowledge him anymore. Robby is a good kid and I'm proud of him for not being afraid!
How horrible! It is what it is and we just have to accept it. I could never imagine turning him away. He really is a good kid. He never let it bother him when people would say mean things. He would come home from school and tell me about it. Broke my heart. He would just venture on. We live in a little hick town so I was always afraid someone would hurt him.

:laughing: Ummmm... The park hours aren't even posted for October yet, but I have all of our days planned out! I just need to rearrange the order in which the days are done, based on EMH's and such. I'm also fully prepared to make my ADR's on 4/22. I've had the schedule pretty much laid out since about 2 weeks before I booked the trip at the beginning of March. :rolleyes1
You go girl! I'm kind of watching touring plans to see what I need to plan for. I am totally scared of the 10's right before Christmas. I figure go in the morning, leave, and come back in the afternoon. If we can get back in. I think we will get Magic Kindome out of the way in the first couple days, then do the others the rest of the week. I saved the hours posted last December, but we know that doesn't mean anything.

You're a good Mom Nikki, and robby is a lucky boy to have you. It would be nice if all Mothers could be understanding of their children, love them regardless and support them in whatever. I like you, you are such a good person.

Thank you Ty! It really is too bad that people can't deal with it. It is so much easier to accept it. I admit sometimes it is hard especially when you don't know if the other people in the family will be on board, but I guess it's their problem. They will be the ones to miss out on his life. And hey, I like you too!!
Ummm yeah, March is too early for an itinerary (I don't really mean that) April sounds much better, less crazy ya know? ;)

Yep, I totally agree. I really do need to get on it. April is much better to start getting it done.
It's funny how plannning a trip makes ya feel organized and on the ball yet insane at the same time. But we all get eachother here, that's so awesome. You could come on the Dis boards and announce that you just embroidered Mickey and friends on your underwear and socks, and people here would want to see pictures and tell you how brilliant you are. But out in the "world" the world of the disney clueless, you mention that and they are fitting you for a straight jacket, and giving you a life long pass to your very own padded room.
You are so right. We just "get" each other on here. I have just stopped talking about it at home. They will go regardless of what I have planned, they just don't care what I do. I do text Brandi when I have a new brilliant idea. She gets it. She is one of us.

So is embroidering your underwear wrong? I guess I won't tell anyone when I do it. Well, except you!

Hey Nikki! I know it's 20 of 11 (at least here on the East Coast it is) but I just wanted to stop in and say Happy Easter!
Hey! Happy Easter to you. I'm a touch bit late though! I hope you had a great day.
I don't know if I told you or not but I finally decided to stop procrastinating and I enrolled in a Dog Obedience Instructor course last month. There are 11 modules to the course, each module contains between 2-4 individual units, and then there is an exam at the end of each unit. I'm starting Module 5, I've completed 9 exams, and I am submitting a graded project to the school tomorrow. I can take all of my exams online, but the graded project has to be mailed to them. So far, I have a 95 average and I'm zipping through it!
Great Job! You are just flying through it. You will be instructing doggies in no time.
I'm glad I decided to sign up for it when I did. We got an email last week at work that they are laying off 21% of my dept between July - September, around 9% between October - December, and then another 28% between January - March 2011. So, my time is limited and I want to be one step closer to finding a better job when my time comes. I don't want to leave one crappy job just to get stuck in another.
Do you know what tier you are on? How sad. I'm so sick of all of this. We all should have jobs we are happy doing. I can't wait to go back to work. Staying home is way over rated!!
In other news, my itinerary for October is DONE! I got a sneak peak at the dates for the Halloween Party so I was able to schedule all of my ADRs around the party. I get to actually make my ADRs on 4/22 and then the Halloween Party tickets will go on sale around May 1. BTW, did I mention that my brother is coming with us?? I'm so excited!
Way to be on top of things!! Yes, you did tell me he was coming. I'm sure it will go much better this time, without the girl!! I'm excited for you.

Sorry girls! I have totally been MIA. This semester is a lot harder than the first one. I really don't like any of my classes so that makes it even worse. Algebra and English writing are the worst. I have also been doing crafts. This is how we are paying for tickets. I'm finally starting to get orders so I will be even busier and richer!!

I signed up for summer classes. 6 of them to be exact. I was told I was nuts or crazy or some other word that defines insane. There are only 12 weeks to the summer semester so there is a lot crammed in. I will be even busier. No summer fun for me. But it will be worth it when I'm all done and have a job. Right?

I told Jay I was going to work at Disney next summer through the College program. He didn't seem very happy about it. What he doesn't know is that I am REALLY thinking about it. He will be fine without me for a couple months.

That's about all I have right now. Thank you Ty and Ali for sticking with me. You guys are the best. I had really thought about blowing this whole thing off, but you guys keep it going.

Ty, feel free to come up with things for me when I have long delays. OH!! A couple weeks ago on a Saturday night when we had nothing to do, Jay says it's only 12 hours to Pennsylvania!! I think he wants to bring me down to see you!

OK I actually just realized I typo'd (that's the problem with trying to DIS from your cell phone...) They are laying off 21% between July - Sept (3rd Quarter), 9% between Oct - Dec (4th Quarter), and 18% (not 28%) between Jan - Mar 2011 (1st Quarter).

We are going to find out what quarter we can expect to get our notice by the end of this month. So it's like a pre-notice notice. Honestly, I wouldn't mind getting my notice at the end of August, because that means 60 days from then will be the end of October...When I will be in WDW. That's a good way to lose your job, huh? Spend the last two weeks of your employment in Disney and then come home but NOT have to go back to work!?

OK, first of all, you need to tell your professors that you are in the midst of planning a Disney trip so they need to make the classes a little easier! Do you need me to write you a note?

Second, which really I should have made it first. COME SEE ME!!!!!! I would love that! I think Jay shouldn't say things like that unless he is totally serious. He fishes right? Kent and Jay could fish the river or just talk dead animals. I might be off work if I have surgery on my knee, that leaves lots of time for you ya know!!!!!!

I am planning on coming to Mi, this summer, I'm not sure for how long, a meet up would be nice, but then again you might be working at Disney in which case......

I am also coming to Mi this October for my sisters Halloween party, you were invited to it a long time ago, remember? the invite is still good. It's the Saturday before Halloween. think it over. Pm me if ya need to.

I know you are busy with school and crafts, so I am going to do what any good friend would do... I'm going to give you the answers to your test. (you can thank me later)

1. D
2. I
3. S
4. N
5. E
6. Y
7. A and D (it's a trick question)
8. B
9. D
10. C

The essay question, If you could make one single change in America, what would it be?

answer.....
Ok, this question is like so for me ya know, because I say the answer like everyday of my life, OMG! I kid you not, it's like you were reading my mind Mr. Professor.

OK, so like if I could make one change in America, it would like totally be to make Disney more affordable, like I have to save all the time ya know, and like most people can toss a penny aside, like I can't, I hold on to the freakin penny....

Wait I changed my mind, K? Like if I could change one thing in America, it would totally be....ummmm, yea, it would be that if somebody wanted to go to Disney, like if they were in college or had to work or something totally dumb like that ya know, well not dumb like DUMB, but dumb like "Oh man, I can't go to Disney I have to work," kind of dumb ya know, but like anyway I would make it so the person could go to Disney and like not have to worry about work or school, cause like it would be the law ya know that people can blow off work and school for Disney!

WAIT! That's not my final answer, I would make the change in America be that every family gets like at least a 2 week Disney vacation for free, and yea, like $1,000 per person in the family to spend on souvies ok?

Wait! This will be my finaly answer, I should have said this to begin with but my coffee took longer to kick in then I thought it would ok, here it is, be prepared for the greatest answer ever in your professoric history!

If I could make 1 single change in America it would totally be that.....dun dun dun, (I'm creating suspense here)

The change would be that..... I own Disney, in which case I wouldn't need school, or have to work, I would live in the castle and eat cotton candy and drink pineapple dole whip floats for the rest of my life, and I would like make cool executive desicions like "Hey Dudes, like let's totally 86 Stitch's great Escape!" OMG! I would totally have the real Johnny Depp, not the animatronics Johnny Depp at POC. But he could only do meet and greets with me.....and my bestest friend Ty!

And that is how I would change America, I would start with Disney World and then eventually take over the whole world!

Huge bummer, I am now going in December but we don't have the same dates. I was all excited thinking we might finally get a meet up. Phewey!

I know you are busy with school and crafts, so I am going to do what any good friend would do... I'm going to give you the answers to your test. (you can thank me later)

1. D
2. I
3. S
4. N
5. E
6. Y
7. A and D (it's a trick question)
8. B
9. D
10. C

The essay question, If you could make one single change in America, what would it be?

answer.....
Ok, this question is like so for me ya know, because I say the answer like everyday of my life, OMG! I kid you not, it's like you were reading my mind Mr. Professor.

OK, so like if I could make one change in America, it would like totally be to make Disney more affordable, like I have to save all the time ya know, and like most people can toss a penny aside, like I can't, I hold on to the freakin penny....

Wait I changed my mind, K? Like if I could change one thing in America, it would totally be....ummmm, yea, it would be that if somebody wanted to go to Disney, like if they were in college or had to work or something totally dumb like that ya know, well not dumb like DUMB, but dumb like "Oh man, I can't go to Disney I have to work," kind of dumb ya know, but like anyway I would make it so the person could go to Disney and like not have to worry about work or school, cause like it would be the law ya know that people can blow off work and school for Disney!

WAIT! That's not my final answer, I would make the change in America be that every family gets like at least a 2 week Disney vacation for free, and yea, like $1,000 per person in the family to spend on souvies ok?

Wait! This will be my finaly answer, I should have said this to begin with but my coffee took longer to kick in then I thought it would ok, here it is, be prepared for the greatest answer ever in your professoric history!

If I could make 1 single change in America it would totally be that.....dun dun dun, (I'm creating suspense here)

The change would be that..... I own Disney, in which case I wouldn't need school, or have to work, I would live in the castle and eat cotton candy and drink pineapple dole whip floats for the rest of my life, and I would like make cool executive desicions like "Hey Dudes, like let's totally 86 Stitch's great Escape!" OMG! I would totally have the real Johnny Depp, not the animatronics Johnny Depp at POC. But he could only do meet and greets with me.....and my bestest friend Ty!

And that is how I would change America, I would start with Disney World and then eventually take over the whole world!

:rotfl2::rotfl2:
That's hilarious!! I needed that today!

I found out I will most likely be getting my pink slip 3rd quarter 2011...so sometime around July - September. Honestly, I wish it was sooner but at least I'll have time to get some loans paid off!

175 days to go!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter