Can someone explain holding to me in very basic terms?

Cinderella94

I miss my tags!
Pretty much what the title says - I'm new at this!

What happens that causes points to go into holding?

Thank you!!

Pretty much what the title says - I'm new at this!

What happens that causes points to go into holding?

Thank you!!

You cancel a reservation 30 days or less before check-in.

You change a reservation 30 days or less before check-in and the new reservation uses less points.

Those points can only be used for a new reservation 60 days or less before the check-in date and expire at the end of the use year.

You cancel a reservation 30 days or less before check-in.

You change a reservation 30 days or less before check-in and the new reservation uses less points.

Those points can only be used for a new reservation 60 days or less before the check-in date and expire at the end of the use year.
Thank you! So if I borrow points from my next use year, and end up cancelling that trip, does that have anything to do with holding? Would that make the borrowed points go into holding?

Thank you! So if I borrow points from my next use year, and end up cancelling that trip, does that have anything to do with holding? Would that make the borrowed points go into holding?

Only if you cancel 30 days or less before checkin. Borrowed points would expire at the end of the use year, you can’t bank them back to the original year.

Canceling a reservation for which you had borrowed points does not put those points into holding unless you canceled with 30 days or less before your scheduled arrival. However, borrowed points will expire at the end of the UY into which they were borrowed. i.e. - if you were to borrow 10 points from a June 2019 UY into 2018, then those 10 points would stay in 2018 and expire on May 30, 2019.

the issue with holding is finding a reservation thats 60 days out to use your points.... DVC is oftentimes at capacity, particularly at the 60 day mark. Maybe thats only when we travel, which is DVC peak time (btwn September-early December).

the issue with holding is finding a reservation thats 60 days out to use your points.... DVC is oftentimes at capacity, particularly at the 60 day mark. Maybe thats only when we travel, which is DVC peak time (btwn September-early December).
There is the
“Resort Availability: Stays in the Next 60 Days“ link on the member website (but I haven’t checked at the end of the year, so it’s quite possible since Oct-Jan marathon is generally the most popular DVC time of the year.

There is the
“Resort Availability: Stays in the Next 60 Days“ link on the member website (but I haven’t checked at the end of the year, so it’s quite possible since Oct-Jan marathon is generally the most popular DVC time of the year.
The problem with that link is that it isn’t updated in real time. So what is listed is often outdated especially if it is a desirable booking

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter