Can resale points be used in the interval international exchange?

Yes, but its a horrible deal. I have a Marriott resale week as well as DVC and all the good inventory is taken during the Marriott, Hyatt and Vistana priority windows. I only see about 25% of the Marriott inventory with my DVC Interval account. Marriott/Vistana/Hyatt resale is the best way to go to those properties for a good value. If you only want to go once, selling your DVC points then using Redweek or GoKoala to rent from a Marriott/Vistana/Hyatt owner is the other way to go. Depositing into II doesn't make financial sense.

If I want to stay in a 2 bedroom at the Hyatt on Maui Nov/Dec 2023, is it better to exchange my DVC points or rent the week (off Redweek as per above)? I can’t find where it tells me how many DVC points I would need to exchange?

Maybe that is the problem. Thank you. I can't see inventory available, but I could put in an "Exchange Request"... I didn't complete it because I wasn't clear how many points it would take and all the details. Very confusing website (for me at least). Any suggestions for me for Maui? Should I rent on Redweek? There isn't much on the Getaways, and it won't let me search more than 12 months in advance. Maybe I should check the Getaways in 6 months.

Maybe that is the problem. Thank you. I can't see inventory available, but I could put in an "Exchange Request"... I didn't complete it because I wasn't clear how many points it would take and all the details. Very confusing website (for me at least). Any suggestions for me for Maui? Should I rent on Redweek? There isn't much on the Getaways, and it won't let me search more than 12 months in advance. Maybe I should check the Getaways in 6 months.
Renting from an owner is the only way to get in if you don't have Hyatt, Westin or Marriott priority. On a side note, I can see the Marriott inventory in Maui with my resale Grand Vista deed ($2500 buy in cost).

I can’t find where it tells me how many DVC points I would need to exchange?
Here's the point chart from the DVC/II disclosure guide.
https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program/pol...-international-buyers-guide-released-for-2022

The "TDI" values are published in each geographic area in the II online directory. For the Hawaiian Islands, everything is Peak (115 or more) except for the period of October through mid-December, except Thanksgiving; that period is Mid. The resorts you are considering are Elite, so a week in a 2BR during the period you have in mind would be 240 pts, except for Thanksgiving week which is 260. The rental value of those DVC points is about $5K, so that's your break-even for paying cash vs. using points, IMO,

The Hyatt is a tough exchange; I am not sure I've ever seen them deposit the Maui resort to II. The Marriott/Sheraton resorts do sometimes show up, but you'd have to be pretty lucky to get one without having internal Marriott preference.

Ultimately, I suspect you'd be better off finding a suitable resort for cash. it will certainly be easier, and it might be a better deal.

Reviving the thread for a related question.

Do the resorts with resale restrictions (Riviera, VDH, etc) still allow you to use their restricted resale points with Interval International?

Let's say you own resale Riviera points (that can only be used at Riviera) that are expiring and there are 0 available rooms to book for use or rent before your expiration date. Can you throw those points into II to get some value out of them instead of them expiring for a total loss?

Reviving the thread for a related question.

Do the resorts with resale restrictions (Riviera, VDH, etc) still allow you to use their restricted resale points with Interval International?

Let's say you own resale Riviera points (that can only be used at Riviera) that are expiring and there are 0 available rooms to book for use or rent before your expiration date. Can you throw those points into II to get some value out of them instead of them expiring for a total loss?

My understanding is all points can be exchanged for II, including those resale restricted for RIV, VDH and CFW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter