Can MS split up a reservation into two separate reservation numbers?

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
We have an upcoming split stay. 3 nights AKV and 3 nights BWV. I am devastated over the fact that Jambos pool will be closed when we are there and i no longer want to stay there but we have no choice since no other studios are available those dates. I have enough points that im willing to use to cut my AKV stay to 2 nights and add another night to BWV in the beginning but the BWV room is not available for the night im looking for. I would like to waitlist the ONE night at bwv and ultimately have the 3rd night at AKV cancelled. I am certainly a RAT stalker and can find things quick but i fear that if I do see the BWV room come up for that one night, I cant snag it in time to get in touch with MS to explain what i want to do and to have them go through the whole modification process. I dont have enough poits to hld both rooms at once to make the call either. SO what i was hoping could be done is that for now, MS can make AKV into 2 separate reservations (2 nights, 1 night) and that way, if the BWV room becomes available when im online, i can snag it and cancel the room in another browser like i do at the 7 month mark. If nothing comes up, I will call MS closer to the date and have them merge the 2 separate ones again into one.

I hope I am being clear and I hope that someone can give advise or experience with what im trying to do! Thank you!!

Though there can be mistakes made you should be able to waitlist that one night and just ask to have it replace that 1 AKV night. I'd call in and ask MS to make a note of that with the waitlist and then I'd also be checking frequently to see if the waitlist drops off the dashboard. If it does that and you catch it before a CM gets to it then you can call in and ask the CM you get to match the waitlist and explain what you want done just to verify it happens the way you want.

It's not normal procedure for MS to split an existing reservation so unless you find a sympathetic CM you won't be able to have that done.

There will always be the risk that if you didn't notice the match allowing you to call in and the CM matching the waitlist either didn't see or didn't understand what you wanted that they could cancel the entire AKV reservation. There have been reports of success though when doing a waitlist to replace just one night off a longer reservation. I'd be crossing my fingers and toes though.

Though there can be mistakes made you should be able to waitlist that one night and just ask to have it replace that 1 AKV night. I'd call in and ask MS to make a note of that with the waitlist and then I'd also be checking frequently to see if the waitlist drops off the dashboard. If it does that and you catch it before a CM gets to it then you can call in and ask the CM you get to match the waitlist and explain what you want done just to verify it happens the way you want.

It's not normal procedure for MS to split an existing reservation so unless you find a sympathetic CM you won't be able to have that done.

There will always be the risk that if you didn't notice the match allowing you to call in and the CM matching the waitlist either didn't see or didn't understand what you wanted that they could cancel the entire AKV reservation. There have been reports of success though when doing a waitlist to replace just one night off a longer reservation. I'd be crossing my fingers and toes though.

Thankyou SO much. Can you please explain to me about the "waitlist dropping off the dashboard"? And what do you mean by the CM getting to it? I would love to understand! Thank you again!!

If the waitlist disappears from your dashboard, we think that usually means that the system made a match and that it is queued for a cast member to manually work the changes which can take a few days.

:earsboy: Bill

Thankyou SO much. Can you please explain to me about the "waitlist dropping off the dashboard"? And what do you mean by the CM getting to it? I would love to understand! Thank you again!!

To expand a little bit more - when you make a waitlist it will show up in 2 places. One is on your dashboard along with your reservations -the waitlists are listed below the reservations. There's also a place to view your waitlists under the My Vacations section. When a waitlist has matched but not been finalized (which is a manual step by a CM) you will no longer see it showing on your Dashboard but it will still show under the other Waitlist page. If you saw it at that point you can call in and the CM you speak to can get it finalized. The normal process is that some CM will eventually look at matched waitlists and finalize it based on the parameters set up when you create the waitlist. The amount of time where it might be finalized varies - a lot. I've had it happen just an hour or two after a match and I've had it approaching 2 weeks without being finalized at which point I called in to have it done.

There have been various reports over the years that the CM doing the finalizing doesn't follow (or maybe doesn't see or doesn't understand) the parameters that a person has set up and completes it incorrectly. In this case the biggest concern would be they cancel the entire AKV reservation and replace it with the one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter