Can I take my swiss army knife?

Jeanny

I can feel the warmth now!
Is this on the prohibited list? I have a small one that has a nail file, scissors, a "knife", which I use to open packages at work, cuts through the tape, etc.

I was thinking it would work great on the cable ties holding our luggage zippers closed, but can I take the swiss army knife on the plane in my carry on?

I read through the TSA guide and didn't see that mentioned, I know you can bring a nail file and blunt scissors in your carry on's again.

thanks for your help..
Jeanny :D

Not allowed on an airplane. You can put it in your checked luggage, in a secure outside pocket. We did this with our nail clippers and they were right there and available to open our cable ties.

sue

That's what I figured I might have to do... I'll just put it in the outside pocket. At least I can bring it with me now.

I just didn't want it to be confisicated and then I'd have no way to cut the cable ties... I could always find the cabin stewart. But it's a nice Eddie Bauer pocket knife combo, even my boss takes it to use in the office... it has the screw driver, etc... the only thing it doesn't have in it is duct tape!! LOL!

Thanks, Jeanny :)

We cruised last month and heard stories of items like this getting confiscated at the screening station.

We used keyrings to keep our zippers closed instead of locks. :D

We had a leatherman in an outside pocket of a suitcase that Disney confiscated. It made it through the airport fine, but when we got our luggage, I went to find it to cut the cable ties and it was gone. I thought I had forgotten it, my dh was angry someone had stolen it. After we pulled out of port (next day, I think) we got a note saying "contraband" had been found and removed from our suitcase and that we could retrieve it when we returned to the dock at Port Canaveral. We were lucky that my carry on bag had the little nail clippers in!

A swiss army knife, I'd expect that to get confiscated.

great, then it looks like I'll have to just take my nail clippers... my EB swiss army thingy is too good and valuable to me to lose.
thanks for the tips.
Jeanny :)

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter