Can I be in 2 rooms at once?

Tigger1

DIS Veteran
If we have two studios could I be registered in two rooms at once? I want keys to both rooms. We would still have 4 or less guest registered in each room (total 5 guest for two rooms. I would think they would have to be on different arm bands but does this break any DVC rules?

Nothing is actually stored on the MagicBand except for a unique band id number. The MagicBand, along with your room reservation(s), park admission, FP+ selections, etc. are all linked to your MDE profile. If you were to have yourself listed on two room reservations for the same dates and have both linked to MDE, there's no telling what confusing that will create within the system.

You would be better off just listing yourself on one room reservation and request a KTTW card that's tied to the other room from the front desk upon arrival.

So only have KTTW key for second room. I think that should work. I would neeed to do that at checkin.

I've tried this as a test in the past, and it won't allow me to put myself on two reservations at once. You might be able to do it with Disney by calling and making the second one over the phone by giving them your name, but MDE will not let you link the same profile to two different reservations at the same time on the website. Unless they've changed something since I tried that, which was about 6 months ago.

Would I be doing anything that DVC does not allow by DD on two reservations at same time. I will not be on the first reservastion as my arrival time is different, so I start out in the second room. Then I have DD on both reservations. Its a concierge room. I can not see why it would not be allowed. I do see our bands getting confused. But she could just use her card.

Supposedly, DVC does not allow you to be in two rooms at once on a reservation. When we were trying to work out the rooms we needed for our Aulani trip I was on two overlapping reservations and the MS person said it needed to be changed or I risked one of the rooms getting canceled.

Don't know if that's true.

If we have two studios could I be registered in two rooms at once? I want keys to both rooms. We would still have 4 or less guest registered in each room (total 5 guest for two rooms. I would think they would have to be on different arm bands but does this break any DVC rules?

Why not just ask that they be keyed the same? Then you wouldn't need to be registered into the other room.

Supposedly, DVC does not allow you to be in two rooms at once on a reservation. When we were trying to work out the rooms we needed for our Aulani trip I was on two overlapping reservations and the MS person said it needed to be changed or I risked one of the rooms getting canceled.

Don't know if that's true.

How could they cancel a room if at least one person needs the room. Did you have your name on both reservations to allow access into both rooms?

Just talked to AKL. There is no way to have keys to both rooms at once. I do not see why not if I am paying for the rooms.
I will think of something else.

Just talked to AKL. There is no way to have keys to both rooms at once. I do not see why not if I am paying for the rooms.
I will think of something else.

If you called, you reached an off-site (maybe even out of state) call center. This applies to the front desk button on the in-room phones also.

If you called, you reached an off-site (maybe even out of state) call center. This applies to the front desk button on the in-room phones also.

I used a number from itinerary planning that AKL sent on a prior visit. I think I was connected to AKl they said they checked with room assigner which took about 5 seconds at the most so who knows.

Whoever it was did not seem to put any effort into helping me at all.

I used a number from itinerary planning that AKL sent on a prior visit. I think I was connected to AKl they said they checked with room assigner which took about 5 seconds at the most so who knows.

Whoever it was did not seem to put any effort into helping me at all.

If you called the AKL/AKV IPO, you reached someone at the resort. Your best bet will be to check with the front desk upon arrival.

Tigger1 said:

I don't know if it's against the rules, but I was able to put myself and DH on 2 concurrent reservations at the same resort. I even called member services to request a "travel with" designation and explained the need (though it was not necessary) and the CM was happy to help. I did make sure that I was not the lead on both reservations. Hopefully there will be no issues when we check in.

I don't know if it's against the rules, but I was able to put myself and DH on 2 concurrent reservations at the same resort. I even called member services to request a "travel with" designation and explained the need (though it was not necessary) and the CM was happy to help. I did make sure that I was not the lead on both reservations. Hopefully there will be no issues when we check in.

Was your stay before MDE or during? I see where MDE might make a difference. The Lead person is different on the reservations.

Tigger1 said:
Was your stay before MDE or during? I see where MDE might make a difference. The Lead person is different on the reservations.

Not sure I follow...I made the reservations this past January for later this year and linked to MDE; there are 2 sets of Magic Bands to customize for DH and me.

Not sure I follow...I made the reservations this past January for later this year and linked to MDE; there are 2 sets of Magic Bands to customize for DH and me.

From how I wrote my last post I am confused too, lol.
I already made my reservations and they are on MDE. DD is the lead person on ressie 1 as I wll not arrive until day 3 which I am the lead person on Ressie room 2. I want her to have access to both rooms.

The whole mess up may be that you can not be at 2 rooms at once even if your not the lead person.
Our trip in December we switched rooms several times. In order for the system to work correctly we had to check out of one room before checking into another. Past years when we switched rooms I would check us into new room early n morning as others slept. That was one thing out of the way and we had our rooms keys ready to use. Now with MDE I think it confuses the computers. Being in two rooms at once could lead to total confusion. Maybe so few of us that try this that its not a priority to rewrite the program at this point.
I will know how it all works out in a couple months I will post what the results when we get back.

When I tested this, I made my reservation first. I was the lead person on my reservation. I made a second reservation (for my parents). It wouldn't even allow me to choose myself as an option to even place in the room. My profile on MDE simply didn't show up as a choice to add onto the second reservation.

If you get this to work, I would love to know how. Please post your results if this works.

When I tested this, I made my reservation first. I was the lead person on my reservation. I made a second reservation (for my parents). It wouldn't even allow me to choose myself as an option to even place in the room. My profile on MDE simply didn't show up as a choice to add onto the second reservation. If you get this to work, I would love to know how. Please post your results if this works.

We were at WDW last month. We had a split stay and both times we had key cards as well as Magic Bands. You can use one of the keys for entry. Enjoy your vacation

We were at WDW last month. We had a split stay and both times we had key cards as well as Magic Bands. You can use one of the keys for entry. Enjoy your vacation

That's great, but that has nothing to do with what I said. LOL We're not talking about split stays, we're talking about having the same person on MDE linked to two different rooms at the same time.

Not sure if you meant to quote me or not, but anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter