Camera Bag

Lightroom 3 or Aperture 3

• Lightroom 3

• Aperture 3

Results are only viewable after voting.
I use the Tamrac Adventure 9. It offers a great deal of space for the family stuff along with ample rool for my gear. I use the laptop compartment to store my rain gear.

I will not be making my own bag. LOL, I don't have the time and am in no way that crafty!!

Is it the messenger style that you all dont care for?

I really don't like the backpack style at all.

Sooo, I am not really sure what to do.

When I was looking for a "fashionable" bag, I went to Etsy as well. I liked the prints and design the seller of bag #2 offered, but I was worried something could easily spill into the bag. I ended up with a Jill-E leather bag that I love.

651116.jpg

Either way, neither of them are convenient for carrying gear around a park all day. I would highly reccommend a backpack.

Okay I just spent 30 min and still cannot figure out how to get the 15 days extension for my photopass pictures...
Can someone please let me know where on the site this is???
Thanks so much!

I just ordered a strange new toy. I ordered an audio fader to use with Lightroom. While I love Lightroom, I've been frustrated for years with the slider panel. I often wondered if I could rig up something better using a dedicated hardware device for controlling the settings. I final started to research ideas and found that someone had already solved my problem.

There is a software package called PADDY for Lightroom that lets you assign keys to sliders in lightroom. Even better, they've worked out integration with MIDI controllers. So, in theory, I can hook up the device pictured below and use the sliders and knobs to adjust settings in Lightroom.

497327.jpg

Here is a YouTube video showing the process in action.

I'll let you know how it works when I get it all hooked up this weekend. The software is free and the mixer is available at B&H for $160. I watched them on eBay for a while, but they all seemed to be selling for $120 or so there.

This looks awesome.

I just ordered LR3 and have been using it with a wireless mouse and hate the fact that the signal is weak sometimes, causing the sliders to jump around when I move them. I would love to have something with dedicated sliders to use for making adjustments. Definitely looking forward to hearing a review...maybe this will be something I add to my Christmas list. :)

Why can't we have access to those pics forever? We missed our deadline and now they are gone...:confused3

Space..... Disney takes alot of pictures and the cost to store them would not be cost effective. Also overtime I am sure the likely hood of someone buying goes down....

Did you try calling just to see if they might still be retrieved? I've read of that being able to be done a couple of times when other's missed the deadline.

I just ordered a strange new toy. I ordered an audio fader to use with Lightroom. While I love Lightroom, I've been frustrated for years with the slider panel. I often wondered if I could rig up something better using a dedicated hardware device for controlling the settings. I final started to research ideas and found that someone had already solved my problem.

There is a software package called PADDY for Lightroom that lets you assign keys to sliders in lightroom. Even better, they've worked out integration with MIDI controllers. So, in theory, I can hook up the device pictured below and use the sliders and knobs to adjust settings in Lightroom.

497327.jpg

Here is a YouTube video showing the process in action.

I'll let you know how it works when I get it all hooked up this weekend. The software is free and the mixer is available at B&H for $160. I watched them on eBay for a while, but they all seemed to be selling for $120 or so there.

This will the BEST money I've ever spent. I've already ordered one! AMAZING and will do so much for productivity.

I've just checked on my account - after logging into the site it's on the "My Albums" page. I have an offer to purchase either a 7 or 15 day extension on the side of the page - but you will need to scroll down a bit to see it.

Hope that helps.

Something like Logitech's NuLOOQ (or other similar products) might also work at a lower price and a smaller footprint. It's essentially a knob you plug into your usb device. Use it to adjust brush/feather size on the fly. I imagine you could also use it to move sliders.

For the sliders I use the "scrubby slider" functions. Rather than trying to click and drag the little slider itself I click the name next to the slider and drag left or right (you'll notice a double-arrow icon when you hover over the name). It gives me finer control of the slider strength.

Got it. It was a bit of a pain to get working, but it looks good now. I set up the main row of sliders to do temperature, tint, exposure, recovery, fill light, black level, clarity, and vibrance. So far, it seems pretty cool as a toy. Time will tell whether it is really a productivity aid or just another nerdy plaything.

Sounds interesting Mark. Will be interested to hear what your thoughts are after you have used it for a while.

I do not process enough to make it worth the investment. I should probably upgrade to LR3 before that.

So far, I have mixed feelings. It is pretty cool when it works, but I haven't found the trick to making it work consistently. Every time I start Lightroom I have to spend 15 minutes getting it working again. Even if it was totally stable, I'm not convinced that it will really save me significant time in post processing. Time will tell.

So far, I have mixed feelings. It is pretty cool when it works, but I haven't found the trick to making it work consistently. Every time I start Lightroom I have to spend 15 minutes getting it working again. Even if it was totally stable, I'm not convinced that it will really save me significant time in post processing. Time will tell.

specifically, what issues are you seeing? I haven't had time today to set mine up.

That is too bad. It sounds like a great idea in theory, but if you have to waste 15 mins every time, there goes your efficiency.

Every year I get more comfortable with adjusting the tone sliders in Lightroom. Here is my current take on them and how I like to use them:

1) Exposure - I think of this as the maximum brightness level setter. I increase it until the brightest stuff in the picture is as bright as I want it. Usually, that is right on the edge of blowing out. If the picture doesn't have anything that ought to be really bright, sometimes I don't go that far with it. The main thing is that I focus on how bright the bright stuff is when I adjust this.

2) Recovery - If I had to make some things blow out (too bright) in order to get the picture to look right with the exposure setting, I bring them back with the recovery slider. This is often useful for bringing detail back in snow or clouds or other really white stuff.

3) Blacks - I usually do this before fill light, so I'm listing them out of order. I usually drag this until just before the blacks start to clip. The exception is when I don't have anything that I want to be too dark.

4) Fill light - If, after adjusting my blacks, I have areas that look too dark or too shadowed, I'll give it a dose of fill light. It sounds stupid to up my blacks levels and then fill them back in, but it really does look better.

5) Brightness - This control mostly leaves the extremes alone and adjusts the middle tones of the picture. So if the picture looks too bright or too dark after I've set my exposure and black levels, I come here to correct that. My goal is to use the exposure and black levels controls to stretch the dynamic range as much as possible and then use this to correct general appearance of the picture.

6) Contrast - I don't use this too often. I'm more likely to go into the Tone Curve control if I need to mess with contrast.

That's my current way of thinking. It's not "right". It's the way I do things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter