Call blocking app - Anyone successfully used one?

^^ Same here. My home phone service also has a feature that blocks ALL robo calls so having them call from different random numbers doesn't allow them to get through. Legit business calls from real people will leave a message.

Last edited:
I will answer the call whenever I can. Its not usually a live person but if it is, I politely ask to be removed. If its a recording, often there will be an option to "press XX to be removed" at the end of the long recording. Most people don't answer or don't listen all the way through, but I'll try this if I'm able to. I also block the numbers on my iPhone, ensured I am on the "Do Not Call" list, and have also used NoMoRobo for my landline. All of these things together result in maybe 2-3 calls a week for me, on average. I see NoMoRobo has an app for iPhones now so I might add that too.

However, answering a robo call CAN also result in getting more calls since their random dialing program now knows it is a current number. We don't answer the phone if the number isn't recognized.

Would NEVER buy anything from unsolicited callers, don't owe the IRS any money and don't want 'help' from Microsoft ............LOL.

I will answer the call whenever I can. Its not usually a live person but if it is, I politely ask to be removed. If its a recording, often there will be an option to "press XX to be removed" at the end of the long recording. Most people don't answer or don't listen all the way through, but I'll try this if I'm able to. I also block the numbers on my iPhone, ensured I am on the "Do Not Call" list, and have also used NoMoRobo for my landline. All of these things together result in maybe 2-3 calls a week for me, on average. I see NoMoRobo has an app for iPhones now so I might add that too.

However, answering a robo call CAN also result in getting more calls since their random dialing program now knows it is a current number. We don't answer the phone if the number isn't recognized.

Would NEVER buy anything from unsolicited callers, don't owe the IRS any money and don't want 'help' from Microsoft ............LOL.

yes same reason hitting the unsubscribe link at the bottom of an email can get you more spam. hitting that link will only remove you if its a legit company.

yes same reason hitting the unsubscribe link at the bottom of an email can get you more spam. hitting that link will only remove you if its a legit company.

Knocking on wood, but we haven't had this experience yet and have noticed our calls decrease. Could be the other methods we've used in addition to this, but we've lucked out doing this so far.

If yo u have At&T as your cell provider you can download their app called call protect. Its awesome, you can set it to completely block fraud calls or notify you and give you the chance to answer, you can manually block calls through the app as well.

I was hopeful this might block the calls. I've gotten 6 already this morning so it didn't work for me, unfortunately.

And just after typing this, another 2 came through. Grrrrr.

I block all the calls I can, but unfortunately T Mobile doesn't have the option to block numbers with no caller ID. I was flooded with the dreaded "Unknown" calls a few months back. I saw online an iphone trick where you make a contact called "Unknown" (First name Unknown, last name Unknown, # is 10 0's) -- then block the contact. It actually worked pretty well.

Cell phone companies could probably figure out how to block these calls if they set their minds to it. The reason they don't? Well, 45% of calls is a lot of business for them...

I have an android and have had success by blocking calls that contain both my area code and the first 3 digits of my phone number. I don't get many junk calls now.

I was hopeful this might block the calls. I've gotten 6 already this morning so it didn't work for me, unfortunately.

And just after typing this, another 2 came through. Grrrrr.
are you sure you have it turned on? I use it and it works great, maybe there is a setting that is off?

are you sure you have it turned on? I use it and it works great, maybe there is a setting that is off?

Maybe it is working. It's still allowing the calls to ring, but it's blocking them from going to voicemail. Is that how it's supposed to work? I was hoping it would block the calls from ringing.

I was reading this thread when I got a call from "Alex Wilson with Verizon" saying I was selected by Verizon since I've been such a loyal customer to get a $99 credit on my next bill.....

My cell is used for work and we have locations all over US and Canada so I can't not answer calls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter