• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

California Grill

lark

DIS Veteran
Just got back. Was a touch disappointed. Hadn't been there in 2 years, and it's by far our favorite WDW restaurant. It's still great, but I found things had declined a bit.

First, the menu wasn't nearly as good as I remember. A few old standbyes, but nothing that made you just say, "wow." (Although, the sushi still looks top notch.) We had some gristle and bone in our chicken on the chicken flatbread, and the presentation on some other stuff was not up to the standard I remembered. Plus, it's a little thing, but the attention to detail on the menu just wasn't up to snuff. Typos, use of quotation marks where they didn't belong, and some other cutisms (e.g., calling the vegetarian dishes "vegetarian zone" instead of just indicating they were vegetarian) that just were unnecessary.

Still love the place, and you can't beat the setting, but it let me down just a little this time.

Ya know we went in 2002 when we go married and had the most incredible experience. The staff was AWESOME and took a lot of time with us. The food was great and the sunset was just beautiful. We went again in 2004 and for some reason it was just meh. The food was still great (had the flatbread and sushi - YUMMY) but the staff was not good at all. In fact they were aloof many times with us.

~Amanda

sorry this wasn't up to snuff for you.....we went in May and had an awesome experience and are going back in December....I can only hope it will be better!

I didn't mean to sound overly negative. It's still our favorite and, I think, all things considered, the best restaurant in WDW. (V and A just wasn't our style.) It was just some of the little things that I found lacking this time.

We went in 1998 and were not very impressed. Havn't been back. We are trying again though NEXT THURSDAY!!! I really want to love this restaurant!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter