BWV & Illum. live - brrr!

DisFlan

DIS Veteran
Okay, so there was this hurricane last night. Sort of. We got some wind and a lot of rain, but WDW missed the worst of it. No noticable damage. Water looks high in the ponds and lagoons.

We went to a private Illuminations party which ended up being held in the old AT&T lounge in Spaceship Earth. When the weather went south, the guide (and CarolA) said Illum. was optional, but we all said "what the hey" and gave it a go. It was a HOOT! We had a ton of fun - we were right out on the edge of the lagoon at French Island. The wind blew, the rain plastered us and we all had a ball. Illum. was pared back some because of the wind, but Disney marched on valiantly with as much as they could do. Lots of fun! But tonight the temp is supposed to drop to around 47.

Last night and this morning, Boardwalk had all guests on "hurricane notice". The lobby was full of kids doing pasty-gooey stick-on crafts. Tigger and Pooh were there when we went through to lunch. We could buy vouchers for a buffet breakfast and/or lunch in the conference center. Everything else (including room service) was shut down until the storm passed. Boardwalk and staff have been GREAT throughout the storm threat. Messages were left on our phone and papaers were put under the door.

We opted just for the lunch buffet. It was very good: salad, a soup that looked like black bean with beef, grilled chicken breasts, large raviolies, grilled veggies, chicken wings, fresh fruits, breads and pastries, assorted beverages and dessert trays. Wow, NICE little desserts. Choc. covered strawberries, baby cream puffs, tiny fruit tarts. That was just the tray I got things from. There were a couple of others with different assortments. Everything was replenished very quickly as needed. Wait staff was cheerful and helpful.

This afternoon and tonight, only the MK and Epcot are open, and probably only for resort guests. Epcot is open until 10 and the MK is open until MIDNIGHT.

We have ressies for Boma at 6:10 - then off to the MK! We're here 'til Friday and we do Mnsshp tomorrow night.

FYI, we got one of the "corner" standard 1-bd. at BWV - 212X. Room was all neat and pretty. It's smoking optional, but no notice of smoke. Much roomier than normal but it was ready at 9 am, so we took it. No smell of smoke. Loooong triple balcony, another balcony on the bedroom and four full french doors. Lots of light. Yes, it's a hike, but we love it.

DisFlan

Thanks for the report - nice to hear that WDW and all of its guests escaped without major damage/problems.

Hope it warms up! Even though I am a Minnesota native and used to very cold temperatures (more than 30 degrees below zero before wind chillis calculated), the coldest I have ever felt was in WDW (in early January). I know the actual temperature was said to be just below frezzing, but it felt way worse than anything I've ever experienced in Minnesota!!!

Best wishes -

This afternoon's weather was just gorgeous. A little windy but clear blue skies and warm temps. Epcot was practically empty, except for Soarin'. 90 min. wait and no Fast Pass.

Forgot to mention that BC and BCV have quite a few shingles missing. I noticed very few on BW.

DisFlan

DisFlan,
I love people like you. A bump in the road and you choose to see it as fun. Have a great remainder to your vacation!

I'm glad to hear that WDW escaped the worst of the problems. I'm also glad to hear how well guests seemingly were taken care of.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter