Buying Disney Dining Plan separately

KaboomBoxer

Earning My Ears
Hey guys, I've booked a package deal to Disney for August and I'm staying on resort. I wasn't given the option to purchase a Disney Dining Plan when I booked and was wondering if it is possible to buy a plan separately. Struggling to find out online .

Last edited:
You can purchase it separately. Have you looked to see if Free Dining is offered during your stay? You might be able to re-book if so.

You can definitely buy it and although I don’t know when your trip is they are offering free dining for certain days right now. After doing the math I can never make the dining plan work in my favor

1. What does atayost mean?

2. It really depends on how you booked your stay. *IF* you booked your stay through Disney at an on-site resort, you can add the DDP. If you booked through someone other than Disney, there is a decent chance you will NOT be able to add the DDP. For example...unless things have changed, people who book through Expedia are not able to add the DDP.

This thread is a bit confusing to me.
I find it odd that adding a dining plan was not even an option when you booked.
If you have a vacation package with a Disney resort and tickets then you can add the dining plans.
I recommend contacting Disney or if you booked through a TA then contact them and ask to add it.
BTW you could be eligible for free dining and you can upgrade to a different dining plan if you want.
Again be sure to ask about it to see if its a better deal then you've already got.

1. What does atayost mean?

2. It really depends on how you booked your stay. *IF* you booked your stay through Disney at an on-site resort, you can add the DDP. If you booked through someone other than Disney, there is a decent chance you will NOT be able to add the DDP. For example...unless things have changed, people who book through Expedia are not able to add the DDP.

1) Should have said ''staying" rather than atayost. This site does weird things to my phone .

2) I booked through an independent travel agent. Does this mean I'm unlikely to be able to book DDP?

This thread is a bit confusing to me.
I find it odd that adding a dining plan was not even an option when you booked.
If you have a vacation package with a Disney resort and tickets then you can add the dining plans.
I recommend contacting Disney or if you booked through a TA then contact them and ask to add it.
BTW you could be eligible for free dining and you can upgrade to a different dining plan if you want.
Again be sure to ask about it to see if its a better deal then you've already got.

I booked through an independent travel agent and wasn't aware of the dining plan when I booked. I'm trying to figure out if I can purchase it retrospectively.

How would I find out about free dining eligibility?

I booked through an independent travel agent and wasn't aware of the dining plan when I booked. I'm trying to figure out if I can purchase it retrospectively.

How would I find out about free dining eligibility?
Again contact your travel agent. If they cannot help I'd be calling Disney directly and rebooking.

Again contact your travel agent. If they cannot help I'd be calling Disney directly and rebooking.

Thanks, I've dropped my TA an email so we'll see what that brings.

When you talk about contacting Disney and rebooking is that something I can actually do? I haven't booked directly with Disney so would I be authorised to correspond with them?

I've already paid in full for the holiday directly to the travel agent. Would I not lose the money I've already paid out if I rebooked?

If your independent travel agent is the one who books the Labor day Agency exclusive, the dining plan is not available for that particular offering.

If your independent travel agent is the one who books the Labor day Agency exclusive, the dining plan is not available for that particular offering.

Not sure if they are. We booked back in January for a stay in August so well before Labor Day.

Do you know if any other deals are affected by the DDP block?

Thanks, I've dropped my TA an email so we'll see what that brings.

When you talk about contacting Disney and rebooking is that something I can actually do? I haven't booked directly with Disney so would I be authorised to correspond with them?

I've already paid in full for the holiday directly to the travel agent. Would I not lose the money I've already paid out if I rebooked?
Disney cannot help with your current booking since it was made through a third party. You could book a whole new reservation directly though Disney though.
Only your travel agent can change anything about your current booking.
I only know what Disney's refund policies are and I don't know if that varies based on sho you are booked with so you'd have to discuss those policies with your travel agent if you want to cancel.
Again talking with your travel agent is really all any of us can advise since you didn't book direct through Disney.

Not sure if they are. We booked back in January for a stay in August so well before Labor Day.

Do you know if any other deals are affected by the DDP block?
Not sure of the particular offer you have but just because you booked in January does not mean you don't have a Labor Day discount since labor Day us that first Monday in September the deal you have could be considered a Labor Day discount.

It genuinely depends on the agent and offer if you can add dining. Your use of the term holiday makes me suspect Brit, and many of those deals have special rules.

It genuinely depends on the agent and offer if you can add dining. Your use of the term holiday makes me suspect Brit, and many of those deals have special rules.

You have correctly deduced by Britishness. Thanks for the help I'll liaise directly with my TA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter